• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2020 Draft Watch

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should Okudah be drafted by the Lions it's difficult to imagine he wouldn't be CB1 and Oruwariye CB2 by start of 2021 so long as the latter shows the ability to do so.

Okudah is the one incoming CB I have the most confidence in to be the first in this class at CB1 in 2021.

If it goes Burrow/Chase

I really hope Quinn does the right thing and trades down. We both know he is highly unlikely to trade for future picks as he and pattycakes jobs are on the lines but the Chargers just announced Rivers is gone and have a gaping hole at QB. Hopefully it would be enough to have the dolphins jump up and give us some of those sweet, sweet 2020 picks.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it goes Burrow/Chase

I really hope Quinn does the right thing and trades down. We both know he is highly unlikely to trade for future picks as he and pattycakes jobs are on the lines but the Chargers just announced Rivers is gone and have a gaping hole at QB. Hopefully it would be enough to have the dolphins jump up and give us some of those sweet, sweet 2020 picks.
They prolly would've made the playoffs this year with their backup, Tyrod Taylor.

Dude has thrown as many picks in his career as Phil did this past season.

Hopefully he goes to the Bears.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't get excited about who the Lions take because I have no confidence fatass would know what to do with them.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They prolly would've made the playoffs this year with their backup, Tyrod Taylor.

I don't know about that.
I watched him play for the Browns and he was straight donkey dick.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't get excited about who the Lions take because I have no confidence fatass would know what to do with them.

Not sure what you are talking about.
He molded Jarrad Davis into a perennial all-pro.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrod Taylor is a black Aaron Rodgers.

Low interception rate. Runs around a little bit.

If he was white, everyone would be swinging from his nuts.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been all aboard Stafford for the entire time he's been here. I will still vehemently disagree with anyone who tries to say he's even part of the problem.

But if Chase goes #2 I think you have to take Tua.

First of all we're not one player away. Not even one player away on offense and one player away on defense. We're not in win now mode. The only 2 players we have that other teams would even want are Slay and Stafford. Drafting Tua hits the reset button. It gives us our 5 lives back or whatever.

Second of all if he is everything people thought he was gonna be we have a superstar QB on our team and a good veteran for him to learn from. It could be our Steve Young replacing Montana. Our Rodgers replacing Favre. Our Mahomes replacing Smith. Except unlike those guys our Stafford is already coming off 2 broken backs and has a wife at home recovering from brain cancer trying to take care of young twins.

And if he's not any good or not able to come back from the hip at least we still have Stafford. Hopefully.

And to be 100% honest whoever we draft has about a 95% chance of being shit anyways. The worst thing we could do is trade down and get a bunch of shit.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been all aboard Stafford for the entire time he's been here. I will still vehemently disagree with anyone who tries to say he's even part of the problem.

First of all we're not one player away. Not even one player away on offense and one player away on defense. We're not in win now mode. The only 2 players we have that other teams would even want are Slay and Stafford. Drafting Tua hits the reset button. It gives us our 5 lives back or whatever.

Second of all if he is everything people thought he was gonna be we have a superstar QB on our team and a good veteran for him to learn from. It could be our Steve Young replacing Montana. Our Rodgers replacing Favre. Our Mahomes replacing Smith. Except unlike those guys our Stafford is already coming off 2 broken backs and has a wife at home recovering from brain cancer trying to take care of young twins.

And if he's not any good or not able to come back from the hip at least we still have Stafford. Hopefully.

And to be 100% honest whoever we draft has about a 95% chance of being shit anyways. The worst thing we could do is trade down and get a bunch of shit.

I hope we don't take a qb. What ever coach we bring in after Patricia is canned at the end of the year will want his guy. We will end up dumping Tua for pennies.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit Lions' Bob Quinn shoots down Matthew Stafford trade rumors: '100% False!!'

"100% False!!" Quinn wrote in a text message to the Free Press.

giphy.gif

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree here. There is a possibility we could trade with MIA and still end up with Chase. NYG have the worst secondary in football and could easily take Okudah over Chase. It could go QB for picks 1-3 and Okudah at 4.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree here. There is a possibility we could trade with MIA and still end up with Chase. NYG have the worst secondary in football and could easily take Okudah over Chase. It could go QB for picks 1-3 and Okudah at 4.

I'll bet you avi's for 3 months that Okudah doesn't go before Chase.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the Lions trading a hall of fame QB in the prime of his career.
Nothing more of a Lionsesque type of move.

What does this have to do with Stafford?

;)

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be shocked if BQ signs a vet CB to replace Slay for a year or two and then trades Slay during 2nd night of draft. jmo.
If they draft Okudah and extend Slay prior to the Draft then you might as well prepare yourself for BQ to jettison Slay on the 2nd night of the draft. I'm sure BQ believes he can get a 1st round pick for Slay but I highly doubt.
BQ/MP want yes men. It's pretty easy to figure that out.

William Clay Ford, Matt Millen and even the Wonder Twins have all gotten rid/down graded "THE" Pro Bowlers/Fan Favorites. They don't fit Joe Blows philosophy or Joe Blows scheme, it's the same ole song and dance for excuses. Were NOT going to get the same or better value for Slay!!!

Doesn't happen all that often but BQ and MP believe the CB and S need to be better at coverage and for longer periods than what they did this past season.
I guess sticking to coverage for 4-6 seconds wasn't enough while having a 2 and 3 man rush.
Having two shutdown CB's in Okudah and Slay wont change the fact that the QB "WILL" still have time to pitch a tent and fish all day on just about every snap. How many times in 2020 will we get to see the front seven getting pressure on the QB only for a dump off over the middle on the Weak Side for a big gain or TD? Rod Marinelli's playbook on defense and Mike Martz playbook on offense. Still living with WCF West Coast offense needing to outscore his own defense.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua's hip has healed according to reports. Get your trade proposals ready.