• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2020 Draft Watch

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case you get bored at some point. the Draft Network doesn't have Lions 2nd 5th round pick coming from Seattle and doesn't have trades and First Pick is screwy, crazy off by a mile for many and has players in their pool that are going back to school or doesn't list many players. ie., (Wyoming LB Wilson)

The Draft Network Draft Simulator

First-Pick.com

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case you get bored at some point. the Draft Network doesn't have Lions 2nd 5th round pick coming from Seattle and doesn't have trades and First Pick is screwy, crazy off by a mile for many and has players in their pool that are going back to school or doesn't list many players. ie., (Wyoming LB Wilson)

First-Pick.com

Mock.png

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First-Pick.com

Got a nice little trade down to 6 with the Chargers.

NFL Draft Game.png

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ended up with Atlanta's first next year and got Okudah at 16? Late in the draft I felt the need to channel my inner Quinn, so I made a bad trade with the Patriots and took a QB that will never play for us.

upload_2020-1-10_9-10-22.png

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their trade downs are ridiculous in what you get in return but I found it to be fun.

I consistently found Etienne, Bama's Najee Harris available in early to late 3rd rounds and @Old Lion 's boy, LT Becton available in 3rd round on 1st pick. Harris would be there even in 4th round many a time for either draft network or 1st pick.

Last edited:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ended up with Atlanta's first next year and got Okudah at 16? Late in the draft I felt the need to channel my inner Quinn, so I made a bad trade with the Patriots and took a QB that will never play for us.

View attachment 229402

That's a sweet draft.

Keep in mind even though this nothing more than for fun but Niang had neck surgery early -mid fall and Trey Adams hasn't been able to stay injury throughout 2017 and 2018.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT Marvin Wilson and Wake Forest DE Carlos Basham both went back to school and 1st pick didn't have my boy Wyoming LB Logan Wilson but he was #301 on draft network

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another LB to keep an eye on who can become that chase LB is Wake Forest Justin Strnad.

maybe 5th round ?

It's a terribly weak class for LB and especially the Will or Chase LB corps, imo.

I wouldn't touch Oklahoma LB Murray unless you want a replica of Jarrad Davis. He has some splash plays sprinkled here and there but he misses a lot of tackles and has poor read and diagnose skills. His splash plays made get him more praise than should be given.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe some team out there desperately needing a LB who has 3 years of NFL experience and a 5th year option would be willing to call BQ about Jarrad Davis.

Having a weak off the ball LB class might push a GM to inquire about a trade. It's quite possible it could be an early 3rd day slot. maybe not.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No tOSU back to back players with Okudah and J.K. Dobbins ?

I'm a quite skeptical of Etienne and if he can hold up in the NFL. he reminds me of CJ Spiller (and not in a good way)

I like Dobbins. Wouldn't be upset with him in the 2nd. He is more rugged type of RB.

Etienne's balance and tackle breaking ability are nothing short of elite though. I think that translates well at the next level.
Etienne's burst is superior to Dobbin's burst as well.
In terms of Spiller, Spiller is probably faster but Etienne is way tougher and better at breaking tackles. That is good though, if Etienne ran 4.3 or something, there is no way in hell he would fall to us in the second round.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
capture-png-draft-network-1-png.229325

Those first 3 rounds is one of my scenarios. I am not looking much past 3rd or 4th round at this point.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will call my shot early this year....

The Lions will draft Chase Young.

Any team willing to trade up for Tua will offer a really good package. The fact the 3 most likely suitors are all right after us is appealing. But Washington will be offered the same deal.

Washington is in need of a good LT for Haskins, a good WR, or a good CB to replace Norman. So I could see them taking picks dropping down for Juedy or Okudah.

Or they fall in love with Okudah or Juedy and take them at 2 outright.

In the end as good as Chase is I could see Washington opting for Juedy and taking picks.

A lot will depend on Tua's health.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any team willing to trade up for Tua will offer a really good package. The fact the 3 most likely suitors are all right after us is appealing. But Washington will be offered the same deal.

Washington is in need of a good LT for Haskins, a good WR, or a good CB to replace Norman. So I could see them taking picks dropping down for Juedy or Okudah.

In the end as good as Chase is I could see Washington opting for Juedy and taking picks.

I believe you're on point with many of your scenarios. Anything could happen with Washington now that Bruce Allen is out helps until Dan Snyder steps in calls the shots.

They're not hiring a GM until after the draft but in the same token Former Redskin QB, Doug Williams, will now have more input come draft, I believe.

Maybe Trent Williams stays now that Bruce Allen and Jay Gruden are gone and the possibility that the team medical staff improves with the hiring of Rivera.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They wouldn't take Juedy cause McLaurin is already a stud but everything else you said was spot on.
Okudah, LT or someone trading up for Tua.
I would be shocked if Tua fell out of the top 5 picks, if top 2.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 1
  1. Cincinnati (2-14)
  2. Washington (3-13)
  3. Detroit (3-12-1)
  4. New York Giants (4-11)
  5. Miami (5-11)
  6. Los Angeles Chargers (5-11)

If it goes Burrow and Chase in the top 2.
Who thinks the Chargers might trade up for Tua to get ahead of the Dolphins?

Also, wouldn't the Dolphins almost HAVE to trade up with us this year for Tua?
If they burn all of their top 40 picks this year on good players and not a QB. They will be too competitive to be drafting high enough to get Trevor Lawrence next year.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wouldn't take Juedy cause McLaurin is already a stud but everything else you said was spot on.
Okudah, LT or someone trading up for Tua.
I would be shocked if Tua fell out of the top 5 picks, if top 2.

I thought about McLaurin. I still think Juedy makes sense. Outside of McLaurin they have no weapons for Hopkins. Judy may end up being in the same class as Julio Jones and Green.

But I get the belief they would be okay with MclAurin. Guice and Peterson I doubt are the answer and without a top of draft back Judy would make sense.

At the end of the day for total disclosure my guy is Isiah Simmons.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who thinks the Chargers might trade up for Tua to get ahead of the Dolphins?

I've stated prior that I believe Tua could be Chargers pick simply to sell tickets and Tua being from Hawaii.

Rivers is a FA this coming spring. They currently have Tyrod Taylor who could buy them some time for a little while or they simply go all in on Teddy Bridgewater in FA. LAC have WR's to get the ball to but Hunter Henry is a FA.

I also could see Herbert being a Fav for LAC and Indy and TB.

Arians likes big arm QB's who throw it downfield but makes few mistakes.