• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Just Make Shit Up

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the theme of the thread.

Other max players can't wait to play with Kobe while he's eating up 24M of payroll.

That's really what's holding the Lakers back. After Kobe's contract is off the books, free agency will start getting real interesting.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that people thinking one year of no max players going to the Lakers, is some major sign that players don't want to come here. You guys are a joke. We won't really know into years and years go by.

i just dont think its a coincedence that dr. buss died- little jimmy is in charge and things are kinda goin to shit....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's really what's holding the Lakers back. After Kobe's contract is off the books, free agency will start getting real interesting.

If some certain FA bolts to L.A., I will Love it :suds:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the theme of the thread.

Other max players can't wait to play with Kobe while he's eating up 24M of payroll.

a very valid point

playing with an over the hill superstar that takes up about a 1/3 of the payroll is not exactly all its cracked up to be......

that being said- i thought that THE MECCA and LAKERLAND were just this places where free agents could not possibly resist going to - where the max players of the nba flock like the salmon of capistrano! i dunno -lloyd little buss and little dolan are assholes!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just dont think its a coincedence that dr. buss died- little jimmy is in charge and things are kinda goin to shit....

Cavs fans might have a hard time comprehending this, but sometimes the results of being really good for years leads to being not so good for usually a not too long period of time.

When you're really good, you can't really build through the draft. You often have a large portion of salary tied up into just a few players, plus winning teams tend to stay together and then become a bit too old as a group.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I like to bag on the Lakers at times. But they've been down this road before - particularly from 2005-2007. Once Lamar Odom grew into his game and the Lakers drafted Bynum and got Pau Gasol via trade, they ended up going to 3 straight Finals, winning two.

The only question mark is ownership. If Jeanie and Mitch are able to tie up good ol' Jim Buss, I wouldn't count on seeing the Lakers medicore for too long. The big question mark for them is Jim Buss.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs fans might have a hard time comprehending this, but sometimes the results of being really good for years leads to being not so good for usually a not too long period of time.

When you're really good, you can't really build through the draft. You often have a large portion of salary tied up into just a few players, plus winning teams tend to stay together and then become a bit too old as a group.

i saw it with the Cavs

it was UNREAL just how bare the cupboard was when LeBron left- i thought it was at least a 5-6 year rebuild.......

but hey....get a little lucky winning the lotto- and have a really rich owner that pays millions to make trades to get some extra picks....it goes a little quicker

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 3 will opt out and take less money so Riley can rebuild around them again - Heat fan not too long ago

Lebron makes everyone around him better, except now that he isn't with the Heat anymore - Heat fan more recently

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a very valid point

playing with an over the hill superstar that takes up about a 1/3 of the payroll is not exactly all its cracked up to be......

that being said- i thought that THE MECCA and LAKERLAND were just this places where free agents could not possibly resist going to - where the max players of the nba flock like the salmon of capistrano! i dunno -lloyd little buss and little dolan are assholes!

The Lakers last few gambles didn't pay off, and I as much as anyone have busted Lakers fan balls, but if you think that FA's will shy away from there once Kobe's current contract expires, you're in for a rude awakening.

"Top FA think Cleveland is a more desirable location then Los Angeles moving forward"---Cavs Fans.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I like to bag on the Lakers at times. But they've been down this road before - particularly from 2005-2007. Once Lamar Odom grew into his game and the Lakers drafted Bynum and got Pau Gasol via trade, they ended up going to 3 straight Finals, winning two.

The only question mark is ownership. If Jeanie and Mitch are able to tie up good ol' Jim Buss, I wouldn't count on seeing the Lakers medicore for too long. The big question mark for them is Jim Buss.

Somebody needs to give Drunk Jimmy a dirt nap.

I get trying to step out of your Father's footsteps.

But, if it aint broke don't fix it:noidea:.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The LAKERS will be fine.

They have a ton of free cash coming up and they are the FRANCHISE of the entire league.

I suspect Kevin Love is probably 50/50 to play 1 season with the Cavs and bolt to Lakerland.

He isn't signing an extension with Cleveland or anybody else for that matter.

The Lakers will get strong looks from him.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 3 will opt out and take less money so Riley can rebuild around them again - Heat fan not too long ago

Lebron makes everyone around him better, except now that he isn't with the Heat anymore - Heat fan more recently

Whose selling you the high quality crack?

You are 100% about point 1, but 0 % correct about point 2.

Name any Heat fan who ever said James won't make other players around him better.

Making them better is far different then making them championship caliber.
This roster is not championship caliber.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one good will ever sign with Lakers again. It's over - wishful thinking fans of 29 other teams

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Name any Heat fan who ever said James won't make other players around him better.

Lebron makes any team a championship contender, except Cleveland - butthurt Heat fans

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers last few gambles didn't pay off, and I as much as anyone have busted Lakers fan balls, but if you think that FA's will shy away from there once Kobe's current contract expires, you're in for a rude awakening.

"Top FA think Cleveland is a more desirable location then Los Angeles moving forward"---Cavs Fans.

Please.

It's still Los Angeles.

Right now, everyone wants to play " Buddy Ball " and to make the road to a Championship as easy as possible.

So, yeah....Guys are gonna pick the Cavs over the Lakers....this year.

But, once they shed that abomination of a salary that they are paying Kobe, they will be in business.

Actually.....before then.

Just based on the sheer number of talented players available next Summer, I see the Lakers walking away with 2 guys.

Sure, they will have competition with the Knicks and Boston and that's were Kobe's contract will be an issue, if he is not in top form.

If he is?

As long as they don't end up with the Grenade like the Knicks did with Amare and Felton, they should do well.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The LAKERS will be fine.

They have a ton of free cash coming up and they are the FRANCHISE of the entire league.

I suspect Kevin Love is probably 50/50 to play 1 season with the Cavs and bolt to Lakerland.

He isn't signing an extension with Cleveland or anybody else for that matter.

The Lakers will get strong looks from him.

That would be hilarious if this happens, as well as interesting. By all accounts, a package deal of Wiggins, Bennett and a 1st round pick looks to be what it's going to take to get Love. If Love were to bolt after one season, you have Lebron, Irving and then what other depth? Waiters and Thompson?

That would certainly throw a wrench in Lebron's plans to win a title in Cleveland given that you're giving up a potential prime talent in Wiggins. With Bennett, that kid has bust written all over him.

The bench that Cleveland has is already old and they won't be getting draft lottery luck since they look to be a lock for the playoffs.

Stranger things have happened...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron makes any team a championship contender, except Cleveland - butthurt Heat fans

The Lakers are Smart to blow the whole thing up and suck total ass in a rebuild than to salvage the Season and be a good Team like the Heat - Said nobody, ever:L

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey you two. Cut it out!!

We have Cavs and Clippers fans to hate on now!!:lol:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please.

It's still Los Angeles.

Right now, everyone wants to play " Buddy Ball " and to make the road to a Championship as easy as possible.

So, yeah....Guys are gonna pick the Cavs over the Lakers....this year.

But, once they shed that abomination of a salary that they are paying Kobe, they will be in business.

Actually.....before then.

Just based on the sheer number of talented players available next Summer, I see the Lakers walking away with 2 guys.

Sure, they will have competition with the Knicks and Boston and that's were Kobe's contract will be an issue, if he is not in top form.

If he is?

As long as they don't end up with the Grenade like the Knicks did with Amare and Felton, they should do well.

If Kobe comes back in top form, his salary isn't such an abomination. As much as I hope for it, I don't think that is likely to happen.