• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Hope.....

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that Kap & the Niners can come to an agreement on a contract. To be honest, Kaepernick is my FAVORITE quarterback playing at the CLINK. Everytime he touches the ball, good things happen for the Seahawks.

:suds:

Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco 49ers to resume contract talks - ESPN

That's a stupid statement on a couple levels. First, whatever Kap gets in contract negotiations, you can expect Wilson to ask for similar. Second, there are a TON of QBs that don't do well at the CLINK. I'm guessing it has more to do with your defense then the CLINK itself, because the CLINK wasn't scary to play a couple years ago.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a stupid statement on a couple levels. First, whatever Kap gets in contract negotiations, you can expect Wilson to ask for similar. Second, there are a TON of QBs that don't do well at the CLINK. I'm guessing it has more to do with your defense then the CLINK itself, because the CLINK wasn't scary to play a couple years ago.

Actually I think he'll ask for more, so I hope the 49ers hold the line on the amount they end up signing him for.
As for Kaep, well....we love that he thinks having Crabtree one on one with Sherman is something he'll take every time. Hopefully he stays with that line of thinking.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I think he'll ask for more, so I hope the 49ers hold the line on the amount they end up signing him for.
As for Kaep, well....we love that he thinks having Crabtree one on one with Sherman is something he'll take every time. Hopefully he stays with that line of thinking.

Harold, he VERY well may...especially with a SB on his resume, but I went conservative in that we all can agree that these two are going to make some serious coin. Anyone who doesn't think that RW is watching CK's contract negotiations closely is fooling him/herself.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So if the tables are turned, you expect RW to say, hey Baldwin sucks, I probably shouldn't go to him in key situations? Obviously, hyperbole, but really, he has to show confidence in his guys in the media and the throw was off. Falls on him and he took it.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

So if the tables are turned, you expect RW to say, hey Baldwin sucks, I probably shouldn't go to him in key situations? Obviously, hyperbole, but really, he has to show confidence in his guys in the media and the throw was off. Falls on him and he took it.
The difference is, RW can make solid football decisions when he decides when and who to throw to. Not so much for Kaep (who finished 31st in comp % and 32nd in yards per game).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The difference is, RW can make solid football decisions when he decides when and who to throw to. Not so much for Kaep (who finished 31st in comp % and 32nd in yards per game).

I'm the last person to ever defend Colin Kaepernick, but yards per game is a completely meaningless statistic. Yards per attempt is not, and Kaepernick was 8th in the NFL.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The obvious reply to this is that if Wilson and Kaep both get the same money (or similar) one will be worth it and one will be overpaid.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Clink not scary to play in a couple of years ago? What are you talking about??? They've led the league in forcing the most false starts for a number of years even back when the Niners were garbage under Singletary. That's the fans causing that, not the Seahawks or the defense. Seahawks had a couple of bad years and the Niners still sucked in Seattle.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That will be the floor for Wilson's negotiations since he has a ring.

Also the cap is supposed to go up again next year so contracts I expect will be a little bigger as agents are going to be more inclined to push for more since they know teams have more room.

For sure Kaep contract is the floor. 49ers just caved in and screwed up the market with this massive contract for a dude with potential. I was hoping they would hold the line and make Kaep prove he can improve, by letting him play out his contract, then paying him based on what he did in the 2014 season. Oh well, they better hope he pans out or they are screwed.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
For sure Kaep contract is the floor. 49ers just caved in and screwed up the market with this massive contract for a dude with potential. I was hoping they would hold the line and make Kaep prove he can improve, by letting him play out his contract, then paying him based on what he did in the 2014 season. Oh well, they better hope he pans out or they are screwed.

I would say the Bears and Cowboys did more damage to the QB market than the 9ers did because I'm sure Cutler and Romo's contract was Kap's floor for negotiations.

Kap got market value for a franchise QB so his contract doesn't particularly bother me.

If you believe he's going to be a top tier QB than the money is fair and might look like a steal when guys like Wilson, Newton, Luck, and RGIII get paid.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the Bears and Cowboys did more damage to the QB market than the 9ers did because I'm sure Cutler and Romo's contract was Kap's floor for negotiations.

Kap got market value for a franchise QB so his contract doesn't particularly bother me.

If you believe he's going to be a top tier QB than the money is fair and might look like a steal when guys like Wilson, Newton, Luck, and RGIII get paid.

I think Flacco was the start of the outragous contracts before Cutler and Romo. I could be wrong though.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think Flacco was the start of the outragous contracts before Cutler and Romo. I could be wrong though.

Well at least Flacco had a ring and playoff success to back it up.

Romo and Cutler both have 1 playoff win between them with plenty of questionable QB play at times over the course of their careers.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least Flacco had a ring and playoff success to back it up.

Romo and Cutler both have 1 playoff win between them with plenty of questionable QB play at times over the course of their careers.

That's very true.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Flacco's contract wasn't outrageous. People don't realize how expensive QBs are.

Kaepernick actually got about what he's worth too. The guaranteed money won't matter because he'll almost certainly play out his contract (as will Russell Wilson). Guaranteed money is only a big deal if the QB is old, has had injury problems (Cutler, Locker) or is a "bubble" QB like Shaub, Palmer, Bradford, or Alex Smith (or Matt Stafford for that matter, although I'm pretty sure he's going to last in Detroit).

Last edited by a moderator:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco's contract wasn't outrageous. People don't realize how expensive QBs are.

Outrageous might be a little strong of a word, so i'll go with a bit over paid. Flacco is a good QB but not elite to make that type of money. Then Romo and Cutler's contract makes things worse.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Outrageous might be a little strong of a word, so i'll go with a bit over paid. Flacco is a good QB but not elite to make that type of money. Then Romo and Cutler's contract makes things worse.

IMO, of the three QBs you mentioned, I think Romo is easily the most overpaid.

Cutler's going to be just fine if he can stay healthy IMO (and if they can re-build that OL, which will have a lot to do with him staying healthy).

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Kap deal is a good one for us because i felt he was going to command 20 mil a yr which would have been RW's starting point. Now with the cap going up hopefully Seattle can sign RW at the 20 mil a yr.