• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's do this. Dak or Wentz as your QB moving forward

Dak or Wentz?

• Total voters

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we can go in circles about this but I disagree with you on Reagor. You watch him in games and he has a top level speed that once he hits it he maintains it and that's someone few people can match and keep up with. I think just like DeSean teams are going to have to pay extra attention and think about sending safety help deep on his side of the field due to that speed.

Lots of guys r fast.....

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of guys r fast.....

Lots of guys are fast. Lots of fast guys aren't on a team where they need to just be a complimentary piece instead of the primary option. Those that can we see the impact of them on the offenses they paly in.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of guys are fast. Lots of fast guys aren't on a team where they need to just be a complimentary piece instead of the primary option. Those that can we see the impact of them on the offenses they paly in.
Whose the "primary pieces" ertz? It all you needed was someone who runs fast. Why spend a first on it? It's merely complimentary...... surely you can find cheap speed later in the draft.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ok. Makes sense. He chose a
School running a system that didn't fit him with talent that didn't work in the system......

I Mean your saying his woes were due to the qb play and the system, for 6 years.....So it was an issue even before he got there......

but then the reply is that "you just don't understand the system"........

No, you didn't comprehend what I said. I said for the scheme(or system) they run, they got alarmingly bad QB play. Meaning it's hard to have QB play as bad as TCU had given the scheme. He chose a school that was a great fit for him.

Just look at the timeline of when he committed. He commits in Oct 2016. TCU had 2 WR's drafted in 2016, one in the first round, one in the sixth and had another Freshman WR on that team catch 45 passes with 8 TD's.

Do you understand?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you didn't comprehend what I said. I said for the scheme(or system) they run, they got alarmingly bad QB play. Meaning it's hard to have QB play as bad as TCU had given the scheme. He chose a school that was a great fit for him.

Just look at the timeline of when he committed. He commits in Oct 2016. TCU had 2 WR's drafted in 2016, one in the first round, one in the sixth and had another Freshman WR on that team catch 45 passes with 8 TD's.

Do you understand?
Now I do. Sorry. Read it wrong. That's my fault.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we can go in circles about this but I disagree with you on Reagor. You watch him in games and he has a top level speed that once he hits it he maintains it and that's someone few people can match and keep up with. I think just like DeSean teams are going to have to pay extra attention and think about sending safety help deep on his side of the field due to that speed.

Lots of guys have top level speed, it's how he's able to handle top CBs in the NFL which is far more superior than college level guys. We won't know that until he gets a full season under his belt. Try being realistic about the college game and the pro game.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whose the "primary pieces" ertz? It all you needed was someone who runs fast. Why spend a first on it? It's merely complimentary...... surely you can find cheap speed later in the draft.

Ertz, Goedert and Sanders.

Because obviously the belief is that Reagor will be able to develop into a special player at WR. A big play impact player. At the very least as a rookie he should be able to provide an impact on special teams while also playing a role on offense. He doesn't just have great speed but he also has an insane vertical leaping ability. He reminds me a lot of Steve Smith and if he can develop into the level of WR that Steve Smith was then that is a no brainer to spend a first on that.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of guys have top level speed, it's how he's able to handle top CBs in the NFL which is far more superior than college level guys. We won't know that until he gets a full season under his belt. Try being realistic about the college game and the pro game.

If teams want to stick their top corners on a rookie this upcoming season then I think that's a win for the Eagles.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If teams want to stick their top corners on a rookie this upcoming season then I think that's a win for the Eagles.

CB #2 and nickel slots are fast as well. I truly believe you don't really have a grasp on college and the pro game.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speed is speed. He doesn't need to have some monster year in order to have his speed impact how defenses approach the Eagles. He just needs to connect with Wentz on a few big passing plays.
A WR who is supposedly a speed guy and who thinks that his ticket to the NFL is indeed that speed and who runs a 4.47 and 4.50 in the 40 at the Combine is at least a slight concern. Blaming it on weight gain doesn't help that IMO and I am not sure I buy it at all. If he gained that weight on purpose and didn't expect it would impact his speed it makes him dumb. If it was natural weight gain it's possibly a sign of what is likely to come in the next couple of years (or months with no Football?). I also don't buy a video taped Pro Day 40 time that is drastically lower. I like Reagor a lot but I was a little surprised he went before a few other WRs and as early as he did. I was very happy as a Cowboy fan when Philly took him and think it was a mistake. It's pretty obvious Dallas took your guy. That's not pertinent but it's funny...

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB #2 and nickel slots are fast as well. I truly believe you don't really have a grasp on college and the pro game.

I have a grasp of anyone with a hint of speed destroying the Eagles defense at least once every week for years now. Not every CB in the NFL has top end speed. Certainly not every team has multiple corners with top end speed when it comes time to play the Eagles and they will be lining up WRs on the outside with legit deep speed.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
s-l300.jpg

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A WR who is supposedly a speed guy and who thinks that his ticket to the NFL is indeed that speed and who runs a 4.47 and 4.50 in the 40 at the Combine is at least a slight concern. Blaming it on weight gain doesn't help that IMO and I am not sure I buy it at all. If he gained that weight on purpose and didn't expect it would impact his speed it makes him dumb. If it was natural weight gain it's possibly a sign of what is likely to come in the next couple of years (or months with no Football?). I also don't buy a video taped Pro Day 40 time that is drastically lower. I like Reagor a lot but I was a little surprised he went before a few other WRs and as early as he did. I was very happy as a Cowboy fan when Philly took him and think it was a mistake. It's pretty obvious Dallas took your guy. That's not pertinent but it's funny...

You out too much stock in the combine. The tape doesn't lie when you watch Reagor in games in pads he is fast and when he hits his top speed no one catches him from behind.

A study from CBS Sports, citing data from a company called Slants, tracked game speed vs. timed speed for receivers in the 2020 draft class. Of the players in the study, Reagor at TCU had the second-fastest game speed as a ball-carrier behind only Ruggs.

Ruggs reached 21.94 mph and Reagor was second at 20.80 mph.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, unless it means D Jax and Jeffery are on injured reserve and Goodwin is...well, Goodwin and the other rookies and last year's guy prove to be what many think they are. Then it could mean really bad news for Philly...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a grasp of anyone with a hint of speed destroying the Eagles defense at least once every week for years now. Not every CB in the NFL has top end speed. Certainly not every team has multiple corners with top end speed when it comes time to play the Eagles and they will be lining up WRs on the outside with legit deep speed.

In fairness, we could run go routes against the Eagles garbage secondary

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, unless it means D Jax and Jeffery are on injured reserve and Goodwin is...well, Goodwin and the other rookies and last year's guy prove to be what many think they are. Then it could mean really bad news for Philly...

Jeffery is likely never going to play another snap for the Eagles. The WRs can't be worse than last year for the Eagles. If a team is going to stick their best corner on Reagor then so be it. That leaves better receiving options in Ertz, Goedert and Ward working with lesser cover guys.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ertz, Goedert and Sanders.

Because obviously the belief is that Reagor will be able to develop into a special player at WR. A big play impact player. At the very least as a rookie he should be able to provide an impact on special teams while also playing a role on offense. He doesn't just have great speed but he also has an insane vertical leaping ability. He reminds me a lot of Steve Smith and if he can develop into the level of WR that Steve Smith was then that is a no brainer to spend a first on that.
Yikes, that is all.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I do. Sorry. Read it wrong. That's my fault.

So back to your original point. Reagor didn't produce good last year, or at least as good as he did his first two seasons. There is a correlation between that and QB play, and overall offensive play in general by tcu. They were 83rd in offensive efficiency last year. By far the worst since the new system was put into place in 2014. I'd say the fact that he was still a top 50 player, goes to show you can look past his production, because the QB play was that bad.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You out too much stock in the combine. The tape doesn't lie when you watch Reagor in games in pads he is fast and when he hits his top speed no one catches him from behind.

A study from CBS Sports, citing data from a company called Slants, tracked game speed vs. timed speed for receivers in the 2020 draft class. Of the players in the study, Reagor at TCU had the second-fastest game speed as a ball-carrier behind only Ruggs.

Ruggs reached 21.94 mph and Reagor was second at 20.80 mph.
I absolutely do not. I am not a fan of the combine at all. Are you so biased that you actually disagree with what I said?

"A WR who is supposedly a speed guy and who thinks that his ticket to the NFL is indeed that speed and who runs a 4.47 and 4.50 in the 40 at the Combine is at least a slight concern"

Also did you know Agholar ran 21.11 last year? Top end speed is very misleading because what matters is often how long it takes you to get there and if you can do it in traffic and it also is very difficult to accurately calculate. What is more important to me about game day speed is I don't care what a guy does in shorts and a T-Shirt. I want to see what he does in pads