• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's do this. Dak or Wentz as your QB moving forward

Dak or Wentz?

• Total voters

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jeffrey is able to play/he's kept, he's not on the roster is my guess. Maybe he'll surprise me and be able to stick. He's just extremely limited.

I think Jeffery's issue are between his ears. Kind of like I am during golf when on on side you have a shit load of trees and on the other side you have a full fairway water hazard. I'm guaranteed to be in one of them because I can't get em out of my mind, Jeffery might be thinking too much out there.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Reagor does it in pads. I don't care about his 40 time at the combine because as you said it is another thing to do it on the field and do it in the midst of bodies coming at you. The only thing from the combine that I take from Reagor is just how amazing hers vertical jump is and that is something you also see on the tape.

That is why I draw the comparison to Steve Smith. It is very reminiscent of Smith for a shorter WR like that to be able to go up in the air and pull down catches like Smith made a career of doing and Reagor has done in college.
So you don't see a "speed demon" running a 4.47 and a 4.50 as even a "slight concern"? Come on. I'm not saying it is a deal breaker but if you don't even think it is a slight concern for a speed guy you either aren't being honest or are so big of a cheerleader that it doesn't really matter what he did because you will spin it to the positive.

Steve Smith (assuming you are talking about the Car Steve Smith) was so good because he was fearless and a fighter. Pound for pound probably the best fighter the league has seen in the last couple of decades. he was also like 5'9"

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought process is the Seahawks also were devastated by injuries they even had to start bringing RBs in off the streets. But is anyone making excuses for Russell Wilson? Not that I’ve see .
He's only any good because the DL can't find his tiny ass hiding back there...

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't see a "speed demon" running a 4.47 and a 4.50 as even a "slight concern"? Come on. I'm not saying it is a deal breaker but if you don't even think it is a slight concern for a speed guy you either aren't being honest or are so big of a cheerleader that it doesn't really matter what he did because you will spin it to the positive.

Steve Smith (assuming you are talking about the Car Steve Smith) was so good because he was fearless and a fighter. Pound for pound probably the best fighter the league has seen in the last couple of decades. he was also like 5'9"

Because that isn't his true playing speed. You watch his tape and he isn't a 4.47 or 4.5 player. For whatever reason he timed poorly at the combine but it clearly is not indicitive of his actual playing speed.

Also Reagor is 5'11 so taller than Smith.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even think Ward is guaranteed to make the roster. He's probably WR 4/5 next year if he makes it.

Only Jackson and Reagor are locks to make the roster. But Ward has as good of a chance as anyone after that.

Have no idea who you are putting above Ward to ay he is 4/5 on the roster. He is going to be the starting slot WR week 1.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jeffrey is able to play/he's kept, he's not on the roster is my guess. Maybe he'll surprise me and be able to stick. He's just extremely limited.
Will be tough to cut him with his dead money. We all know how fragile Wentz's psyche is and Jeffery is the scapegoat for the players that criticized him even though I'm sure there were many others. I guess you could just get it out of the way now instead of spreading it over two years if he isn't going to contribute any way. The thing about Jeffery is he is your only WR that can make plays in traffic. He has such a big catch radius when he is on and makes the 50/50 catches you don't think he can. But, he may not be that guy any more and you do have the 2 TEs that fill that role so maybe moving on is best.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Ward earned a job last year. He was fantastic at the end of the year. I wouldn't be surprised if he leads Philly WRs in catches. D Jax won't play 16 games and rookies are rookies and you can't count on them until you see them out there. So if Jeffery is cut or hurt I'm guessing it just may be Ward.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffery will start the year on PUP. I think the Eagles will be hoping some team has a bad run on injuries at the position and then they can trade him for a midround pick or something before the deadline when he comes off of the PUP. Otherwise he either plays a very limited role in the Eagles offense or they cut ties with him midway through the season.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only Jackson and Reagor are locks to make the roster. But Ward has as good of a chance as anyone after that.

Have no idea who you are putting above Ward to ay he is 4/5 on the roster. He is going to be the starting slot WR week 1.

He also has as good of a chance to get cut as well IMO. I can see him being behind Reagor, D Jax, Goodwin, JJAW and even Hightower. I'd take the upside with Hightower given he's faster and taller than Ward.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also has as good of a chance to get cut as well IMO. I can see him being behind Reagor, D Jax, Goodwin, JJAW and even Hightower. I'd take the upside with Hightower given he's faster and taller than Ward.

Goodwin is not a good WR. The only way Goodwin sees the field is if there is a run on injuries to our speed WRs. JJ also is going to have to earn his playing time with how bad he was last year. If Hightower makes the team he's going to be a developmental guy who will not play a lot of offensive snaps unless something goes horribly wrong with injuries. Hightower is a pure body catcher. You need a WR out there with good hands and that is what Ward gives Wentz.

The trust and chemistry that Wentz has already developed with Ward cannot be undervalued. Outside of DeSean there is likely no other WR on the roster that Wentz has a higher comfort level with than Ward. I honestly don't know who else you would stick in the slot if not Ward. Maybe you start out Reagor in the slot but even then you will put Ward on the outside because as is no matter what he is one of the three best WRs on the team currently.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because that isn't his true playing speed. You watch his tape and he isn't a 4.47 or 4.5 player. For whatever reason he timed poorly at the combine but it clearly is not indicitive of his actual playing speed.

Also Reagor is 5'11 so taller than Smith.
Yes, but it's a fact that is what he ran and a red flag

I know on Smith. That is why I brought it up when you compared them :scratch:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having watched a lot of videos of l of his targets in specific games the QB play was abysmal.

I understand QB play was bad but that still doesn't cover up his drop rate % and catch rate % meaning the ball when it did actually get to him he missed out on catching them. Now hopefully the Eagles coaches can correct his mechanics and turn him into a solid WR.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but it's a fact that is what he ran and a red flag

I know on Smith. That is why I brought it up when you compared them :scratch:

I don't consider it a red flag. I know the speed he brings to a football field. People put too much weight into the combine.

I don't know why a 2 inch height difference has anything to do with a play style? They are both of similar build and similar play style. Smaller guys with impressive leaping ability to go up for balls down the field.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jefferies will be an Eagle till the end of the season. Take this with a grain of salt, but I heard on sports station that Doug and AJ have had good conversations and AJ and Wenyz are on the same page. I guess we'll see when he gets back from injury.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't consider it a red flag. I know the speed he brings to a football field. People put too much weight into the combine.

I don't know why a 2 inch height difference has anything to do with a play style? They are both of similar build and similar play style. Smaller guys with impressive leaping ability to go up for balls down the field.
I didn't even bring up Smith, You did. I don't think they are similar.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even bring up Smith, You did. I don't think they are similar.

I know I brought him up, because I see their style of play very similiar. You are the one saying since Smith is 5'9 and Reagor 5'11 that they are then not similiar.

Both small fast guys who are built strong with great leaping ability. You watch some old Steve Smith highlights of him leaping up over defenders for passes down the field and you watch Reagor highlights and you see the same thing.

I'm not the only one that sees it either.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I brought him up, because I see their style of play very similiar. You are the one saying since Smith is 5'9 and Reagor 5'11 that they are then not similiar.
no that's not at all what I'm saying. I just mentioned that Smith was 5'9" and that they aren't similar. I'm not saying that is the reason.

I'm saying I don't think they are the same type of player at all. Steve Smith was a damn strong, tough, gutty SOB that was hard as heck to bring down by NFL tacklers. He'd be the last guy you want to face in an alley even at his size. I don't see Reagor as similar to him at all

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me where Reagor uses pure strength to break tackles like Steve Smith did. You watched that video and think Reagor is like him???

He can get deep and he's made some plays going vertical against average College players. He also had 3 games with less than 10 yards receiving last year, had 3 or less catches in more than half of his games and had 100 yards receiving only one time. I know, I know, his QB stunk...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I know how to settle this debate once and for all. By height.

Wentz (6-5) > Prescott (6-2)

End of thread.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no that's not at all what I'm saying. I just mentioned that Smith was 5'9" and that they aren't similar. I'm not saying that is the reason.

I'm saying I don't think they are the same type of player at all. Steve Smith was a damn strong, tough, gutty SOB that was hard as heck to bring down by NFL tacklers. He'd be the last guy you want to face in an alley even at his size. I don't see Reagor as similar to him at all

Why bring up the height then if you were trying to say that is why you don't believe they are similar?