• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's do this. Dak or Wentz as your QB moving forward

Dak or Wentz?

• Total voters

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is that so ridiculous? QBs have had similiar ratios or better for a season in recent years. If you look historically over the past 3 years (which I actually have this afternoon and a thread with that data will come out later today) then Wentz has one of the best ratios in the league. On a per game basis Wentz is throwing TDs per game at a higher rate than most QBs while also having one of the lowest interceptions per game rates in the league.

But again to show it isn't uncommon:

Rodgers went from throwing 28 TDs and 11 INTs when he was 27 to throwing 45 TDs and 6 INTs when he was 28.
Brady went from throwing 24 TDs and 12 INTs when he was 29 to throwing 50 TDs and 8 INTs when he was 30.
Manning went from throwing 29 TDs and 10 INTs when he was 27 to throwing 49 TDs and 10 INTs when he was 28.
Rivers went from throwing 21 TDs and 15 INTs when he was 26 to throwing 34 TDs and 11 INTs when he was 27.

So a QB who is heading into his age 27 season jumping from 27-7 to 42-7 is not that ludicrous as you try to make it out to be, especially when he was on his way to around the same number of TDs 3 seasons ago.

that's an opinion, not a fact or a stat. man up or zip it.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's an opinion, not a fact or a stat. man up or zip it.
not likely....shock value football statements get attention & attention seekers seek attention.

philly fans remain the worst. This clown makes PE1 look better by the post and I never thought I'd say that.

Pitch a tent over this circus act

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries is all that you have to hope fore. He just played a full 16 game season, which he has done twice now.

There isn't any catching up to do to Dak. Eagles are the defending division winners. Wentz beat Dak for the division. For all the duarbility concerns you have for Wentz and how pathetic of receiving talent he has had to play with for half of his career, I find it hilarious that Dak Prescott only has the same number of total career TD passes as Wentz despite the fact that Dak has played in 8 more career games.

No need to hope for injury as its likely with Wince anyway. Either physical or mentally he's shown to be brittle.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is that so ridiculous? QBs have had similiar ratios or better for a season in recent years. If you look historically over the past 3 years (which I actually have this afternoon and a thread with that data will come out later today) then Wentz has one of the best ratios in the league. On a per game basis Wentz is throwing TDs per game at a higher rate than most QBs while also having one of the lowest interceptions per game rates in the league.

But again to show it isn't uncommon:

Rodgers went from throwing 28 TDs and 11 INTs when he was 27 to throwing 45 TDs and 6 INTs when he was 28.
Brady went from throwing 24 TDs and 12 INTs when he was 29 to throwing 50 TDs and 8 INTs when he was 30.
Manning went from throwing 29 TDs and 10 INTs when he was 27 to throwing 49 TDs and 10 INTs when he was 28.
Rivers went from throwing 21 TDs and 15 INTs when he was 26 to throwing 34 TDs and 11 INTs when he was 27.

So a QB who is heading into his age 27 season jumping from 27-7 to 42-7 is not that ludicrous as you try to make it out to be, especially when he was on his way to around the same number of TDs 3 seasons ago.
Rodgers, Brady & Manning. Wentz could hold any of their jock straps. Well maybe Rodgers but those are just rumors LOL.

Rodgers is probably the only QB if you told me he would have a 6 to one ratio, I could maybe believe. he has done it several times & flirted with it others. Dont tell GnG this but he might be the best Qb ever to take care of the ball.

Brady. Well he is only considered the GOAT by most.

Manning. Maybe the smartest Qb to ever play the game.

All of these players are highly uncommon. LOL

Now Rivers stats. If you tell me you think he would have stats like that. I could believe it. it is around a 3 to 1 ratio. Which is a very good season for QBs.

As I said before. You are predicting a more explosive offense. With that is more risk (if true)
So he can go into double digit INTs & still play better than seasons where he only had 7 INTs.

Wentz' greatest season with a Superbowl caliber team wrapped around him, he didnt even come close to 6 to 1 ratio.
So yeah. It is not hard for me to say thats a stretch.

Just so you know. I am not bagging on Wentz. I think he will do well. I am bagging on your expectations. he could meet any one of those lofty goals. But logic tells you that means one or more of the other goals will suffer.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers, Brady & Manning. Wentz could hold any of their jock straps. Well maybe Rodgers but those are just rumors LOL.

Rodgers is probably the only QB if you told me he would have a 6 to one ratio, I could maybe believe. he has done it several times & flirted with it others. Dont tell GnG this but he might be the best Qb ever to take care of the ball.

Brady. Well he is only considered the GOAT by most.

Manning. Maybe the smartest Qb to ever play the game.

All of these players are highly uncommon. LOL

Now Rivers stats. If you tell me you think he would have stats like that. I could believe it. it is around a 3 to 1 ratio. Which is a very good season for QBs.

As I said before. You are predicting a more explosive offense. With that is more risk (if true)
So he can go into double digit INTs & still play better than seasons where he only had 7 INTs.

Wentz' greatest season with a Superbowl caliber team wrapped around him, he didnt even come close to 6 to 1 ratio.
So yeah. It is not hard for me to say thats a stretch.

Just so you know. I am not bagging on Wentz. I think he will do well. I am bagging on your expectations. he could meet any one of those lofty goals. But logic tells you that means one or more of the other goals will suffer.

This isn't a set of individual goals, this is a natural progression for what has been an very productive young player who will just be entering his prime in the coming years. His first 4 years compare favorably to their first four years. He has already shown he is an incredibly talented player and he has shown it with talent for him at WR and without talent for him at WR. He now enters his 5th year with a really good compliment of players to his talent surrounding him.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeSean Jackson. The big thing about the speed that the Eagles brought in is that teams are going to have to respect it and that is going to open the field up for everyone else like Goedert, Ertz, Sanders and Ward. Plus that speed that is now on the outside is going to have plenty of opportunities to make catches down the field. Wentz has a huge arm and the legs to buy time, he wants to go deep and will give DeSean and Reagor plenty of chances.

True, but it depends on how many games he plays. If he only lasts for 3 games than he's really a non factor. I agree speed is key but if they can't catch or run the proper route tree it won't really matter and what you have is a version of the Raiders who had fast WRs but they were a non factor. DJax and the drafted WRs have to pan out or it's another bad signing/draft bust.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but it depends on how many games he plays. If he only lasts for 3 games than he's really a non factor. I agree speed is key but if they can't catch or run the proper route tree it won't really matter and what you have is a version of the Raiders who had fast WRs but they were a non factor. DJax and the drafted WRs have to pan out or it's another bad signing/draft bust.

That was the big issue with last year is once DeSean went down they didn't have any WRs left on the team capable of being an effective deep target. But by drafting Reagor, trading Goodwin and their other late draft speed WR picks (who knows who actually makes the team and how much if at all they see the field) the Eagles have at least given themselves legitimate speed on the outside if/when DeSean misses time.

I think with the Raiders they were built around the speed whereas with the Eagles the speed is just this perfectly complimentary piece to go along with the already established TEs and RB. More if an imitation of the Chiefs offense than historic AL Davis Raiders offenses.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the big issue with last year is once DeSean went down they didn't have any WRs left on the team capable of being an effective deep target. But by drafting Reagor, trading Goodwin and their other late draft speed WR picks (who knows who actually makes the team and how much if at all they see the field) the Eagles have at least given themselves legitimate speed on the outside if/when DeSean misses time.

I think with the Raiders they were built around the speed whereas with the Eagles the speed is just this perfectly complimentary piece to go along with the already established TEs and RB. More if an imitation of the Chiefs offense than historic AL Davis Raiders offenses.
When do they change thier name to The Philadelphia Raiders? They have spent many draft picks on over drafting speed players.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do they change thier name to The Philadelphia Raiders? They have spent many draft picks on over drafting speed players.

1 first round pick and a few 5-7th round licks is over drafting?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not on pace with 6 games played. On pace with what would have been 3 games left in the season and bad defenses in those 3 remaining games.

Point being. 42 TDs is not an outlandish prediction.
For Wentz, in 2020, it is completely outlandish. Possible? Well...I guess it is technically possible...but as a prediction it's deserving of a "Wow"...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It does have a chance to set up nicely but speed doesn't mean much if DJax and Goodwin are hurt and these guys drafted can't catch. Those other players will be blanketed and the offense becomes stale again.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes because I think entering his prime in his 5th season with the speed he has on offense to go with the rest of the talent he has on offense that he is set for a MVP type season. I don't think he is going to be passing all that much more than he already has been, I just think the tools are going to be in place for him to be much more efficient and productive with the better receiving talent to play with. His decision making ability and ball placement is not going to go away and he will throw more touchdowns as a result for WRs being able to catch the same passes he has been throwing down the field or guys like Ertz and Goedert potentially getting even more open with defenses having to respect the deep ball.
1) You continue to base this on a washed up, injury prone D Jax and a bunch of rookies that have never played a snap in the NFL?