• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's do this. Dak or Wentz as your QB moving forward

Dak or Wentz?

• Total voters

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does have a chance to set up nicely but speed doesn't mean much if DJax and Goodwin are hurt and these guys drafted can't catch. Those other players will be blanketed and the offense becomes stale again.

Well that's an absolute worst case scenario. I don't see it as likely though.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) You continue to base this on a washed up, injury prone D Jax and a bunch of rookies that have never played a snap in the NFL?

DeSean isn't washed. When he played last season he was extremely productive. They traded or Goodwin and Reagor as a rookie will play a lot. The other rookie WRs they drafted I doubt see the field much at all and who knows how many of them even make the team. However there is now a number of guys on the roster with legit speed that teams will either need to pay attention to or take the chance of hoping they can't catch at all because Wentz will give the opportunities down the field if they are open.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's an absolute worst case scenario. I don't see it as likely though.

Not trying to be a downer but Howie's ability to draft isn't very good and his FA/trade for speed in DJax and Goodwin are injury prone. Already wasted 1 season of money on DJax.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of college guys had bad qb situations. Crazy reagor gets such a pass

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talent on the offense is Ertz, Sanders and Goedert and that's about it. The 3WRs drafted are still question marks so I can't say this is a very talented offense until they prove it.

That’s what I was thinking. I’m all for hyping up Wentz but we don’t know if all the speedy receivers are great or major garbage.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to be a downer but Howie's ability to draft isn't very good and his FA/trade for speed in DJax and Goodwin are injury prone. Already wasted 1 season of money on DJax.

Howie can draft but has struggled when drafting WRs and DBs. Reagor was one of my favorite WRs heading into the draft though so I think he made the right pick with that selection.

The trade for DeSean was the right one to make. Goodwin is only going to be seeing the field if needed due to injury. The fact is the Eagles went from having no speed at WR to having DeSean and no depth behind him of WRs to speed to now having a tremendous amount of depth at WR in regards to speed.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s what I was thinking. I’m all for hyping up Wentz but we don’t know if all the speedy receivers are great or major garbage.

If they hit, sure Wentz can be in the convo of MVP. If it's another miss than it's another year of struggling offense and lack of scoring. Overall, it's a big year from QB to GM.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie can draft but has struggled when drafting WRs and DBs. Reagor was one of my favorite WRs heading into the draft though so I think he made the right pick with that selection.

The trade for DeSean was the right one to make. Goodwin is only going to be seeing the field if needed due to injury. The fact is the Eagles went from having no speed at WR to having DeSean and no depth behind him of WRs to speed to now having a tremendous amount of depth at WR in regards to speed.

Depth they do have, now has to prove it on the field.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RTK talks a big game but won’t accept a bet? :L

#nocredibility

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depth they do have, now has to prove it on the field.

I guess but Reagor could run with elite speed in college I imagine he will be able to present that same field stretching ability in the NFL. As long as that threat is there defenses will have to respect it and account for it or open themselves up the possibility of being burned by it if not.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess but Reagor could run with elite speed in college I imagine he will be able to present that same field stretching ability in the NFL. As long as that threat is there defenses will have to respect it and account for it or open themselves up the possibility of being burned by it if not.

Yes but burning college CBs doesn't always translate into burning NFL CBs.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of college guys had bad qb situations. Crazy reagor gets such a pass

For the scheme they run, it was alarmingly bad QB play last year. Only 2 guys that got drafted had worse QB situations. KJ Osborn and Bryan Edwards.

When was the last time someone ran that type of offense to have QB play that was that bad? Maybe it happened in a year 1 situation, but this has been the scheme for the past 6 years.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the scheme they run, it was alarmingly bad QB play last year. Only 2 guys that got drafted had worse QB situations. KJ Osborn and Bryan Edwards.

When was the last time someone ran that type of offense to have QB play that was that bad? Maybe it happened in a year 1 situation, but this has been the scheme for the past 6 years.
So if a six year trend...... why would reagor even go there?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but burning college CBs doesn't always translate into burning NFL CBs.

Speed is speed. He doesn't need to have some monster year in order to have his speed impact how defenses approach the Eagles. He just needs to connect with Wentz on a few big passing plays.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pasta Salad is beating Potato Salad. Perhaps we need to make a replacement for all future polls?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speed is speed. He doesn't need to have some monster year in order to have his speed impact how defenses approach the Eagles. He just needs to connect with Wentz on a few big passing plays.

It's still different from college to the NFL. It's easy to pass some SMU CB on a go route but an experienced NFL CB will jam you at the line or hand check you all the way slowing down the speed. Plus most starting CBs can run with the WR nowadays.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still different from college to the NFL. It's easy to pass some SMU CB on a go route but an experienced NFL CB will jam you at the line or hand check you all the way slowing down the speed. Plus most starting CBs can run with the WR nowadays.

Well we can go in circles about this but I disagree with you on Reagor. You watch him in games and he has a top level speed that once he hits it he maintains it and that's someone few people can match and keep up with. I think just like DeSean teams are going to have to pay extra attention and think about sending safety help deep on his side of the field due to that speed.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't understand the scheme. It's not like he chose a school that was running Triple Option.
Oh ok. Makes sense. He chose a
School running a system that didn't fit him with talent that didn't work in the system......

I Mean your saying his woes were due to the qb play and the system, for 6 years.....So it was an issue even before he got there......

but then the reply is that "you just don't understand the system"........