• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeGarrette Blount... Any thoughts?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think LeGarrette Blount could emerge as the lone starter on NE. I say yes he does! I think Blount is a better back than anything ME has now. I am not calling him the next AP or anything just that I feel he far out classes the other backs there. Plus he was productive once before with TB. Anyone think he could be the guy soon and possibly a top 15 RB in fantasy?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. He is very plodding and is not even a slight weapon in the passing game. I think Ridlay is better for sure, and once Vereen comes back, Blount will be back to just being the most inexplicable kick returner in the league.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing he has in his favor is that everyone has looked very pedestrian in the NWE running game since Vereen went down.

I'd say top 30 if he gets the lead back role, but I wouldnt put him in the top 20. Seeing how little NWE has scored this year, I think it is safe to say that we will see more RZ passing from Brady once Gronk comes back. Not sure what other value Blountman has if he doesnt get RZ love

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been saying from the start that he would take significant touches from Ridley, but he doesn't end up with more than a third of the carries on more than a game to game basis. The patriots are set into spreading the ball around to wear on the D.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case we've forgotten.... it's Belichick.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that thinks Blount can be top 20, let alone top 10, obviously didn't watch that game. One busted play that just happened to catch all the secondary up close to the line and the oppos8te side of the field doesn't make a good RB. Without that one lucky play he had 8 carries for 27 yards. . pretty pedestrian. And every carry he's had this year, save that one, has been the same. 1 yard, negative 2 yards, 4 yards. .rinse and repeat.
Not to mention, the ONLY reason he was even in the game to get that lucky carry was that Ridley was injured. His injury isn't expected to be long term. Vereen is coming back relatively soon, Gronk and Amendola too...the ROS is bleak at best for Blount.
Now MAYBE this week.. since Ridley MIGHT miss the game, MAYBE he's worth a start. But as far as getting more than a handful of touches and doing virtually nothing with them. .the only way that changes is if he is the last healthy man standing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount can be a useful bye week replacement with the hope Belichek uses him to pound the ball when they have the lead, but he is not a top 20 back. I am using Blount this week but I have bye week and injury issues. Wish he was not in my starting lineup.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh, I seem to remember some crazy guy starting a thread kinda like this right after he was signed..........anyway, I see Blount hurting the rest of the RB's on that squad way more than his own fantasy worth............if that makes sense.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam I was wondering if anyone remembered that statement about Blount. Very glad you were listening.

We shall see what happens the rest of the year!

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam I was wondering if anyone remembered that statement about Blount. Very glad you were listening.

We shall see what happens the rest of the year!

No dude, I was talking about a thread I started in either April or May..................lol. If I was talking about you I would have said batshit crazy..........:suds:

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said some very positive things about Blount saying he would be the best back in NE by this years end right when he got traded and no one agreed. I didn't want to toot my own horn about it and sorry but I didn't catch what you said about him and thought since I seemed to be all alone on my comments for Blount that you were talking about me so stick that batshit stuff you know where, dude!

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just to set the record strait I am not saying Blount is the best back yet or has arrived yet but I do think he will when its all said and done. Of cource I could be wrong as I have been in the past many times before.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say Blount is a lot more relevant than I thought he would be, but I'm pretty sure we already saw his big game for the season.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just to set the record strait I am not saying Blount is the best back yet or has arrived yet but I do think he will when its all said and done. Of cource I could be wrong as I have been in the past many times before.

I tell ya.. this may just be the year of personal growth for our Foot..I damn near like this guy...wtf did you do to the real Foot???

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two years in a row of having my butt handed to me has certainly humbled The Foot for the better and I am thankful for it. I appreciate your words treff!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Ridley is out, so blounts getting the go.............worth a flyer

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that thinks Blount can be top 20, let alone top 10, obviously didn't watch that game. One busted play that just happened to catch all the secondary up close to the line and the oppos8te side of the field doesn't make a good RB. Without that one lucky play he had 8 carries for 27 yards. . pretty pedestrian. And every carry he's had this year, save that one, has been the same. 1 yard, negative 2 yards, 4 yards. .rinse and repeat.
Not to mention, the ONLY reason he was even in the game to get that lucky carry was that Ridley was injured. His injury isn't expected to be long term. Vereen is coming back relatively soon, Gronk and Amendola too...the ROS is bleak at best for Blount.
Now MAYBE this week.. since Ridley MIGHT miss the game, MAYBE he's worth a start. But as far as getting more than a handful of touches and doing virtually nothing with them. .the only way that changes is if he is the last healthy man standing.

I think you're the one that missed a few plays, sir.

Blount had a few very impressive runs for shorter gains, in which he showed great vision and field awareness. Bouncing that long run to the outside was a pretty good run too. Nothing spectacular, but he took advantage of the front that was presented to him.

8 carries for 27 yards, and busting a long gain for a 40 plus yard TD is hardly a pedestrian showing. Blount's a grinder. Two here, two there, rush for three, rush for no gain, rush for four yards, rush for five yards, a gain of seven... a rush for no gain... then BANG, hits it for a big one. I don't see anything wrong with that at all. Especially against a good rush defense like ATL has.

Blount may have his short comings in the passing game, but he's a good runner. He was in Tampa, and he will be in NE. I made the investment with an add a couple of weeks ago when I saw a spike in his total snaps.

I'm not going to jump the gun and play him over DeAngelo Williams on Sunday in my RB2 spot. D-Will has looked good so far, and has averaged 22 carries in his first three games. However, I do expect him to have a pretty good day versus Cincinnatti.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading all your other posts this morning. . I'm just gonna say. .whatever. . and go about my business. Have a nice day Rich.