• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LEBRON TO THE LAKERS

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, A couple big problems there.

1) cano plays baseball, and fewer people care about baseball
2) LA isn't Seattle
3) cano isn't the best player in the league, or even all that good anymore
4) Cano is suspended for half the season for PED use

In other words, there are many reasons to forget Cano. I will go out on a limb and say that ain't happening to LeBron.

Oh yeah, well besides all of that, people will forget about him like Cano. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This LAL move does speak a few things...notably, with his signing coming after Paul George decided to stay in OKC, maybe they get Leonard, maybe they don't, LAL as built might be the 3rd or 4th best team in the west...it appears he's ready to wind it down and his family wants to be in SoCal on a full-time basis.

I wouldn't say that he is ready to wind down his desire for championships. Lebron can be accused of a lot of things, but being stupid isn't one of them.

I think he was smart enough to realize that with what Philly and the Celtics have going on, he probably wasn't going to the finals again. Unless the Lakers pull off a trade for Kawhi, he's not going to the finals with them either.

So, it's likely the difference between not making the finals with a team with little opportunity to improve their roster and team that has the flexibility to improve the roster.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a life to lead. I can stay glued to the computer or TV like you can. I was up watching the Giants take their brooms out.

You don't have a phone that can easily send you news updates?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From all the reports I'm seeing....it seems like once LeBron signed with the Lakers, all leverage the Spurs had vanished. Now no team wants Kawhi and if they do, there's no way the Spurs are getting equal value back for him.

We might be stuck with this fucker.

It's not what the Spurs were demanding. But I'd bet you guys could get some combination of at least 2 of Ingram, Kuzma, Ball and Hart and some picks. They might be able to get Mo Wagner too who seems like a Spurs type player to me. Might even be able to work a sign and trade type deal for Randle in there, but it would probably remove Ingram from the trade.

Seem like that would be better than losing him for nothing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say that he is ready to wind down his desire for championships. Lebron can be accused of a lot of things, but being stupid isn't one of them.

I think he was smart enough to realize that with what Philly and the Celtics have going on, he probably wasn't going to the finals again. Unless the Lakers pull off a trade for Kawhi, he's not going to the finals with them either.

So, it's likely the difference between not making the finals with a team with little opportunity to improve their roster and team that has the flexibility to improve the roster.

I thought the finals were near a lock with PHI.

I'm sure Magic made a strong pitch that included more than just him. So we shall see, then there may be opt out clauses we don't know about yet, but to go the west conf. with GS, HOU, and OKC is a taller climb imo.

We shall see..

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, shit.

I just heard this news about a half hour ago, and immediately thought of all the Laker fan Lee Brown haters on tHoop who now have to acknowledge the fact that the best Laker of all time is the guy they’ve spent the last four years bashing.

L O fucking L.

Lakers fans have been bashing Magic for the past 4 years?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not what the Spurs were demanding. But I'd bet you guys could get some combination of at least 2 of Ingram, Kuzma, Ball and Hart and some picks. They might be able to get Mo Wagner too who seems like a Spurs type player to me. Might even be able to work a sign and trade type deal for Randle in there, but it would probably remove Ingram from the trade.

Seem like that would be better than losing him for nothing.

I hope that the Lakers hold out now. See how the kids play alongside Lebron.

Leave the Spurs with nothing.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that the Lakers hold out now. See how the kids play alongside Lebron.

Leave the Spurs with nothing.

meh, i'd like us to TRY to get Kawhi, but yeah it's interesting that the offers for the guy seem to be dwindling a bit. and you know they aren't gonna want to be left holding the proverbial bag on this...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the finals were near a lock with PHI.

I'm sure Magic made a strong pitch that included more than just him. So we shall see, then there may be opt out clauses we don't know about yet, but to go the west conf. with GS, HOU, and OKC is a taller climb imo.

We shall see..

The problem with Philly (and really anyplace) is that there was no perfect fit/landing spot.

Put him on the Sixers and he and Simmons are kind of redundant. Plus, there's still the Celtics to deal with. He likely would have a better shot at the finals with Philly, but there was certainly no guarantee like the last 4 years.

He's also at the point in his career where it's as much about life after basketball as it is basketball. He has homes, businesses, etc. out here and wants to be in the entertainment industry. Plus, it's where his family apparently wants to be.

GS is going to have to make some tough financial decisions beginning next off-season, the Rockets didn't get better and CP3 is injury prone. OKC couldn't get past the 1st round this year and didn't really improve their team.

Meanwhile, the Lakers have the ability to continue to improve their roster over the next couple of seasons.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, i'd like us to TRY to get Kawhi, but yeah it's interesting that the offers for the guy seem to be dwindling a bit. and you know they aren't gonna want to be left holding the proverbial bag on this...

It all depends how much he's going to cost the Lakers.

The fact that Lebron came to the Lakers by himself, without any other star player joining him immediately means that he's willing to be patient and see what the young kids can do. Then make the necessary adjustments next season to try to compete.

If the Spurs want Ingram, Kuzma, Hart and picks, Magic would laugh in their faces.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And all will be right in the universe...especially if the Lakers win.

Sixers, Celtics, Lakers, Rockets......................most all the legendary franchises are back in the hunt ....................to knock off the dynasty. NBA ratings are going to skyrocket this year.