• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LEBRON TO THE LAKERS

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear the Lakers are signing this guy next. He's hungry for a championship, but can't put a team on his back anymore.

2017-04-1119-49-27.jpg

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only player the Lakers are missing is Derek Rose.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers, Celtics, Lakers, Rockets......................most all the legendary franchises are back in the hunt ....................to knock off the dynasty. NBA ratings are going to skyrocket this year.

I don't think I'd say the Lakers are in the hunt just yet. But they have taken a big step towards getting there.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are all 1 year deals, if it doesnt work, they all walk next offseason anyway. No way they can be a Deng type drag on the roster.

I keep seeing this sentiment brought up excusing the Lakers moves post-Lebron signing. That's not a valid reason. Y'all realize shooters can sign 1 year deals too, right?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get they are all on 1 year deals. But they surrounded him with nobody that can shoot. Also, Lebron will be in his age 35 season in 2019-2020, a year of developing is another year of his decline(albeit it appears it will be a slow decline)

They have however added defenders around him, and playing with Lebron ought to allow more open attempts for his teammates. It has been a hodge-podge, but at least the 2 rookies looked pretty good tonight. Wagner had 23 pts and 7 boards (clearly needs to get more forceful to play inside, getting a few shots turned back by Bagley) and Mykhaiiliuk had 15 pts including 3/6 from 3, 6/10 overall.

With Randle gone, there is definitely work to be done to complete this roster. Do they try to sign Capela to an offer sheet? They would have to move Deng's contract to do so. Maybe bring in Kyle O'Quinn, or bring back Slopez on a 1 year deal?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep seeing this sentiment brought up excusing the Lakers moves post-Lebron signing. That's not a valid reason. Y'all realize shooters can sign 1 year deals too, right?

Ya you can, but in general they cant defend as well, Lebron and 5 steve kerrs aint goint anywhere either.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have however added defenders around him, and playing with Lebron ought to allow more open attempts for his teammates. It has been a hodge-podge, but at least the 2 rookies looked pretty good tonight. Wagner had 23 pts and 7 boards (clearly needs to get more forceful to play inside, getting a few shots turned back by Bagley) and Mykhaiiliuk had 15 pts including 3/6 from 3, 6/10 overall.

With Randle gone, there is definitely work to be done to complete this roster. Do they try to sign Capela to an offer sheet? They would have to move Deng's contract to do so. Maybe bring in Kyle O'Quinn, or bring back Slopez on a 1 year deal?

:ninja:with better logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's been less than three days. The Lakers aren't done yet.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After much thought, I'd actually like to see us bring back Lopez. Starting lineup would be Zo, Ingram, Lebron, Kuzma, Lopez. Only questionable jump shooter would be Lonzo, albeit he finally looked respectable last year, when he changed his entire shooting motion to a normal looking jump shot. Also for the other signings, I get it...however kcp was a decent(albeit streaky) spot up shooter last year. Obviously Rondo/Stephenson aren't shooters...but what is the 2nd string lineup is the question? How does Hart/Wagner fit into this? When Lebron comes in, who comes in with him? I think we have to wait and see what Walton does, before we determine what shooting is around Lebron.
Now obviously, none of it matters as the Warriors are Thanos, and we're just playing for the summer which I have no problems with whatsoever

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After much thought, I'd actually like to see us bring back Lopez. Starting lineup would be Zo, Ingram, Lebron, Kuzma, Lopez. Only questionable jump shooter would be Lonzo, albeit he finally looked respectable last year, when he changed his entire shooting motion to a normal looking jump shot. Also for the other signings, I get it...however kcp was a decent(albeit streaky) spot up shooter last year. Obviously Rondo/Stephenson aren't shooters...but what is the 2nd string lineup is the question? How does Hart/Wagner fit into this? When Lebron comes in, who comes in with him? I think we have to wait and see what Walton does, before we determine what shooting is around Lebron.
Now obviously, none of it matters as the Warriors are Thanos, and we're just playing for the summer which I have no problems with whatsoever

2 reasons I wouldn't he can't run the floor, and he's almost a nonfactor rebounding...

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers shooters warming up lol
tenor.gif

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letting Randle go was a stupid move but what the Lakers are doing with signings like Rondo is renting a player for a year and then having the cap space next summer when nthey jettison players like Rondo for the next round of max guys like Leonard.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letting Randle go was a stupid move

I disagree and I'm a Randle fanboy. The Lakers were always going to be renouncing Randle. Keeping him was always a pipe dream.

He was always going to be renounced, not because he's not a good player, but because the Lakers need the cap space to get a better player. No point in keeping him around for 1 more year, when he wasn't part of the future anyway.

but what the Lakers are doing with signings like Rondo is renting a player for a year and then having the cap space next summer when nthey jettison players like Rondo for the next round of max guys like Leonard.

This is why they renounced Randle. No need to treat him like a 1 year "make good" guy like Rondo and Stephenson. He deserved better than that and got better than that.