• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do Real Lakers fans respect Lebron James ?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather lose without James than win with him. Then trading so many picks for an oft injured player also made it so that there is no real future talent coming from college or overseas. Yay they won a championship. They destroyed the team for a decade in doing so. Now they are mired in mediocrity and will be for a long damn time. I will not watch a game until James is gone off the team.
Not all heroes wear capes

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a Lakers fan since 83

LeBron is a top 3 player all time

But he's not a top 5 Laker all time. May not even be top 10

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a LeBron hater. Simple as that.

He brought a title. Team would be in about the same spot as they are now if they kept the current core, minus the title and the WCF appearance last year.

Yeah, they might have a mediocre team this year and for the next couple.

But the group you pine for would have been perpetually mediocre.

And that is the one place you don’t want to be as an NBA franchise.
He’s probably a Trumpelstiltskin that thinks LeBron should shut up and dribble.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a Lakers fan since 83

LeBron is a top 3 player all time

But he's not a top 5 Laker all time. May not even be top 10

Been a Lakers fan since 1970...that's when I became a fan of all the teams I follow except the Seahawks.

Couldn't agree more. Although, I'd probably have to put him top 10, even if it was at #10.

I have to give Lebron credit for knowing what's up...he was quoted as saying "Lakers fans don't care who you are or what you've done on other teams. You have to win a title as a Laker".

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a Lakers fan since 1970...that's when I became a fan of all the teams I follow except the Seahawks.

Couldn't agree more. Although, I'd probably have to put him top 10, even if it was at #10.

I have to give Lebron credit for knowing what's up...he was quoted as saying "Lakers fans don't care who you are or what you've done on other teams. You have to win a title as a Laker".
Can he move up at all? Shaq played there 8 years, what is this LeBron's 6th? What if he plays there longer, he did get them a title.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can he move up at all? Shaq played there 8 years, what is this LeBron's 6th? What if he plays there longer, he did get them a title.

He can. Gonna need another title or 2, imo. Shaq was a Laker for 8 years, won 3 titles.

To be fair, when you consider the number of former Lakers in the Hall of Fame, it's a tough list to make.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather lose without James than win with him. Then trading so many picks for an oft injured player also made it so that there is no real future talent coming from college or overseas. Yay they won a championship. They destroyed the team for a decade in doing so. Now they are mired in mediocrity and will be for a long damn time. I will not watch a game until James is gone off the team.

The only reason they don't have a steady stream of young talent coming in is because they don't draft in the lottery consistently.

If you think this team is "destroyed" because they have a championship and a WCF berth in 2 of the past 3 years, you need your head checked.

Mediocrity lol. WCF last season.

James is a top 5 player all time at minimum. If you don't want players like that on your team, become a Hornets fan or something. Steady stream of lottery picks ensured.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can. Gonna need another title or 2, imo. Shaq was a Laker for 8 years, won 3 titles.

To be fair, when you consider the number of former Lakers in the Hall of Fame, it's a tough list to make.

Across many generations to boot. How many fans today saw George Mikan play? Or even Elgin Baylor?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Across many generations to boot. How many fans today saw George Mikan play? Or even Elgin Baylor?
We're at the point now that if you're under age 35 or so you won't remember or never watched Jordan on the Bulls

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a LeBron hater. Simple as that.

He brought a title. Team would be in about the same spot as they are now if they kept the current core, minus the title and the WCF appearance last year.

Yeah, they might have a mediocre team this year and for the next couple.

But the group you pine for would have been perpetually mediocre.

And that is the one place you don’t want to be as an NBA franchise.
You forgot the In Season Tournament Title. :lol:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot the In Season Tournament Title. :lol:
I jest however this Lakers team, when healthy, does have that switch. As a few Lakers teams of the past, we've seen flashes of what could be, should they make the post season. What are they 3 games out? Hachimura reminds me of this every time he's back on the court healthy.

What were they last year, the 7th Seed?

And they reached the WCF and were in all games to the eventual Champs in the sweep.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I jest however this Lakers team, when healthy, does have that switch. As a few Lakers teams of the past, we've seen flashes of what could be, should they make the post season. What are they 3 games out? Hachimura reminds me of this every time he's back on the court healthy.

And they reached the WCF and were in all games to the eventual Champs in the sweep.

Rui has just recently ditched the mask and Vando appears to be fully healthy. Both have made a difference. Plus, Ham finally returned to the starting lineup to enhance the 1st quarter scoring. Working so far, just hope that success doesn't cloud their judgement as to improving the roster at the deadline.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rui has just recently ditched the mask and Vando appears to be fully healthy. Both have made a difference. Plus, Ham finally returned to the starting lineup to enhance the 1st quarter scoring. Working so far, just hope that success doesn't cloud their judgement as to improving the roster at the deadline.
Yes, this healthy version is a reload of last year's squad and as competitive as they were in the WCF, they still were swept none the less. So you're absolutely right shops, Rob still has some work to do.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, this healthy version is a reload of last year's squad and as competitive as they were in the WCF, they still were swept none the less. So you're absolutely right shops, Rob still has some work to do.

Still have that already rostered boost coming from Vincent finally getting healthy (hopefully). Still a few weeks away.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They still need a consistent 3 point threat, imo. They are one of the top, if not the top team scoring in the paint, but one of the worst in shooting 3's. They should improve some now that Rui is healthy, Reaves seems to be coming back around and hopefully Vincent can help too. But, imo, they still need a guy who can hit the 3 consistently.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m not ruling them out. They have talent and the league in general is pretty wide open this year.

But I would be pretty surprised if they made ano TJ er deep run without a coaching change and/or some significant roster tweaks.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not ruling them out. They have talent and the league in general is pretty wide open this year.

But I would be pretty surprised if they made ano TJ er deep run without a coaching change and/or some significant roster tweaks.

They don't need a coaching change, imo. But they do need a roster tweak. In many ways, this roster has the same issue that last years had...they're very inconsistent scoring outside the paint.