• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do Real Lakers fans respect Lebron James ?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t need to look at the stats. They don’t always tell the truth.

Prime LeBron could carry mediocre teams on his back through the playoffs. He has dragged significantly weaker supporting casts to the finals.

Part of his impact was that opponents knew he was the best player on the court and they feared him.

Not the case anymore.

Well, duh. 39 year old Lebron is not prime Lebron, but the difference is not what anyone would've expected. Plus, he's not in the East anymore.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, duh. 39 year old Lebron is not prime Lebron, but the difference is not what anyone would've expected. Plus, he's not in the East anymore.

Of course he isn’t.

You get that I was replying to someone saying that he is closer to peak LeBron than most people think, right?

You are basically proving my point.

And by the way, the West isn’t stronger than the East anymore.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he isn’t.

You get that I was replying to someone saying that he is closer to peak LeBron than most people think, right?

You are basically proving my point.

And by the way, the West isn’t stronger than the East anymore.

I'm speaking in terms of obstacles, not overall.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don’t.

Not without signing a legit superstar in free agency.

It was for the most part, a really good roster. But as good as those guys have become, none of them is superstar level (although Kuz thinks he is lol). That's a team that would be a perennial 3-5 seed with a lot of 2nd round exits.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was for the most part, a really good roster. But as good as those guys have become, none of them is superstar level (although Kuz thinks he is lol). That's a team that would be a perennial 3-5 seed with a lot of 2nd round exits.

Ingram is probably closest.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. I canceled my NBA package that I had had since the early 2000s when I had to set a time on my VCR to record. I did not miss watching more than a game or 2 a season in that time. He came in and totally destroyed a young team. They won a championship, but in that process have made the Lakers mediocre for years to come. He says and does the stupidest shit both on and off the court. But it is the whole NBA now. It sucks. They are all a bunch of cry baby pussies.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. I canceled my NBA package that I had had since the early 2000s when I had to set a time on my VCR to record. I did not miss watching more than a game or 2 a season in that time. He came in and totally destroyed a young team. They won a championship, but in that process have made the Lakers mediocre for years to come. He says and does the stupidest shit both on and off the court. But it is the whole NBA now. It sucks. They are all a bunch of cry baby pussies.
Shut up, stupid

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real Laker fan chiming in.

They didn't care about replacing all the real fans with lebronfags so that's exactly what they did. Not a real fan left.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL. Who among those young players has won anything of note to date? Just the ones that were still on the Lakers championship roster in 2020. I guess you can include KCP if you consider him young.

The team that gets the best player in the trade typically wins the trade. Pels have redirected most of those pieces and the one player that was moved to facilitate cap space (to dump Mozgov's contract in favor of Brook Lopez) is back with the Lakers (DLo), at least temporarily.

Not that facts will change your biased opinion...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The level of stupid in your post is breathtaking.

Congrats

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The level of stupid in your post is breathtaking.

Congrats
screen-shot-2021-04-23-at-4.07.28-pm.png

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The "young players" at the time were Lonzo Ball, Ingram and Josh Hart. They all got traded for AD who is far superior to any one of those guys.

Ball is irrelevant as he's out for god-knows how long but I do miss Ingram and Hart but they wouldn't have led the Lakers to a title.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you like watching cars drive in circles?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "young players" at the time were Lonzo Ball, Ingram and Josh Hart. They all got traded for AD who is far superior to any one of those guys.

Ball is irrelevant as he's out for god-knows how long but I do miss Ingram and Hart but they wouldn't have led the Lakers to a title.

Exactly. The Lakers had a nice young team, but they had no superstar level players. They had a couple of guys who could maaaaybe be a #2 on a title contender, a couple of guys who could be a #3 on a contender. The rest were good to solid rotational players.

It was a fun team to watch, but their ceiling was 4-6 seeds and lots of 1st and 2nd round playoff exits. There would have been no 17th title or even WCF runs.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. The Lakers had a nice young team, but they had no superstar level players. They had a couple of guys who could maaaaybe be a #2 on a title contender, a couple of guys who could be a #3 on a contender. The rest were good to solid rotational players.

It was a fun team to watch, but their ceiling was 4-6 seeds and lots of 1st and 2nd round playoff exits. There would have been no 17th title or even WCF runs.

I would rather lose without James than win with him. Then trading so many picks for an oft injured player also made it so that there is no real future talent coming from college or overseas. Yay they won a championship. They destroyed the team for a decade in doing so. Now they are mired in mediocrity and will be for a long damn time. I will not watch a game until James is gone off the team.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather lose without James than win with him. Then trading so many picks for an oft injured player also made it so that there is no real future talent coming from college or overseas. Yay they won a championship. They destroyed the team for a decade in doing so. Now they are mired in mediocrity and will be for a long damn time. I will not watch a game until James is gone off the team.
lol

Your post screams casual, fair weather fan. Thanks for letting the real Lakers fans here know to just ignore you.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Your post screams casual, fair weather fan. Thanks for letting the real Lakers fans here know to just ignore you.
I have been way less that casual since James joined the team. My fan level has been non-existent. But for over 40 years I was die a hard fan. I may be again in the future. Who knows.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are a LeBron hater. Simple as that.

He brought a title. Team would be in about the same spot as they are now if they kept the current core, minus the title and the WCF appearance last year.

Yeah, they might have a mediocre team this year and for the next couple.

But the group you pine for would have been perpetually mediocre.

And that is the one place you don’t want to be as an NBA franchise.