• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron Raymone James needs 416 points to become the all-time Playoff scoring leader.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I was busy, just bought a new car...cavs are looking good tho

th

:dhd:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound: :pound:

Hilarious that you think that the Pistons and Celtics teams that Lebron played were anything close to Bird's Celtics or the Bad Boy Pistons.

I mean, this has to be a joke, right?
I mean- your post is a joke right?

Has your memory gotten a little fuzzy with the years?

The Bulls during that run faced Birds Celtics TWICE---- in Jordan's 2nd and 3rd years---- and in Jordan's second year he only played 18 games because he broke his leg. He did play agaisnt the Celts in the playoffs- but it was his 2nd year and he only started 7 games that entire year because of his broken leg.

So really- Jordan played and lost to Bird Celtics ONE TIME- in his 3rd year in the league. Whoop-D-Doo. He never once beat "Bird's Celtics".

Now- as to the Pistons--- he lost to them THREE STRAIGHT TIMES-

He finally beat them in the '90-'91 season when Jordan was 28 years old- Isiah was 31 years by then old- and a Pistons team that had sunk to 2nd in the Central Division that year with 50 wins (the previous 3 years the Pistons were #1 with 59 wins, #1 with 63 wins, #1 with 54 wins).

So-

Whoop d- doo

to summarize

Jordan lost to the Celtics twice--- one time in his 2nd year when he only played 18 games because he broke his leg. One time in his 3rd year. He NEVER beat them.

he lost to the Pistons 3 times in a row---- beat them the 4th time he played them AFTER the Pistons had peaked.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- your post is a joke right?

Has your memory gotten a little fuzzy with the years?

The Bulls during that run faced Birds Celtics TWICE---- in Jordan's 2nd and 3rd years---- and in Jordan's second year he only played 18 games because he broke his leg. He did play agaisnt the Celts in the playoffs- but it was his 2nd year and he only started 7 games that entire year because of his broken leg.

So really- Jordan played and lost to Bird Celtics ONE TIME- in his 3rd year in the league. Whoop-D-Doo. He never once beat "Bird's Celtics".

Now- as to the Pistons--- he lost to them THREE STRAIGHT TIMES-

He finally beat them in the '90-'91 season when Jordan was 28 years old- Isiah was 31 years by then old- and a Pistons team that had sunk to 2nd in the Central Division that year with 50 wins (the previous 3 years the Pistons were #1 with 59 wins, #1 with 63 wins, #1 with 54 wins).

So-

Whoop d- doo

to summarize

Jordan lost to the Celtics twice--- one time in his 2nd year when he only played 18 games because he broke his leg. One time in his 3rd year. He NEVER beat them.

he lost to the Pistons 3 times in a row---- beat them the 4th time he played them AFTER the Pistons had peaked.

So, in other words, Lebron never played anything like Bird's Celtics or the Bad Boy Pistons. Just like I said.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN Stats and Information

After dropping 39 points in Game 2, LeBron James surpassed Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in most career points in playoff history and now only stands behind Michael Jordan.'

@lebron23james hwere you at dude? I need my updates!!! You are making me do it by your absence! lol...

unbelievable.

Passes up Kareem in all time points in the post season tonight---- only 1 guy to go.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, in other words, Lebron never played anything like Bird's Celtics or the Bad Boy Pistons. Just like I said.

It is definitely fair to say that LeBron never faced anything like the Pistons or Bird Celtics in the Eastern conference.

However, that was before the run started. It is also very fair to say that the top teams LeBron has faced in the Finals were better than anything Jordan had to overcome during the championship years.

The 2016 Warriors, and the Duncan Spurs were better than any team Jordan faced in the 90s. The Bird Celtics were long gone and the Pistons' run officially ended when they were swept by the Bulls. The West was a hodgepodge of good, not great teams and there was no legitimate competition anywhere to be found. That wasn't Jordan's fault, but let's not act like he was beating elite teams throughout his championship runs.

The Bulls were as much a favorite then as the Warriors now. The only thing that can stop GS is a superhuman performance from the game's best player, and/or injury.

Yet, people are going to pile on LeBron and call him a loser if he fails. There are only a small handful of teams in the history of the NBA that would even have a chance to beat a healthy Warrior squad in a 7 game series. Time will tell is Cleveland is one of them.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think it is fair to conpare the KG Celtics to the Bad Boy Pistons. Those two would have been a pretty interesting matchup. They also marked the biggest obstacle preventing both MJ's and LeBRon's runs from starting.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James, now second all-time in playoff scoring, is mighty close to catching Michael Jordan

After Cleveland’s 125-103 Game 2 win over the Raptors, in which James scored 39 points on an efficient 71 percent shooting from the field, The King sits at 5,777 career playoff points, 210 behind Jordan’s career mark of 5,987. If James keeps up the prolific pace at which he’s scoring this postseason (34.2 points a game), he’ll pass Jordan in the next seven games. If not by then, he’ll most certainly achieve the milestone before the end of the 2017 postseason. (That’s assuming nothing crazy happens and the Raptors don’t win the next four games to upset the Cavs.)

Going after Jordan’s numbers and his title as the GOAT (greatest of all time) is nothing new for James. He’s been doing so since he was deemed “The Chosen One” while still in high school. In fact, striving to be the best has become a part of James’ livelihood in the NBA.

My motivation is this ghost I’m chasing,” James told Sports Illustrated in August 2016. “The ghost played in Chicago.”

James will soon blow Jordan’s career playoff points out of the water. But the magic number he’s really chasing is six — the number of NBA championship rings Jordan has to his name. James, with three rings, might get there, but he might not. However, that doesn’t mean he won’t one day be considered the greatest.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy, it's really weird seeing a grown man (which for some reason beyond belief I still assume you are) so obsessed about a player.

I mean sure, I loved Kareem, Magic, Shaq and then Kobe but not once did was I so smitten about them the way you are.

Whats up with that? The fact you keep referencing him as "the King" is just disturbing.