• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron Raymone James needs 416 points to become the all-time Playoff scoring leader.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but that would be a completely different goal post.

Not really. If you're going to claim that more playoff games in a shorter period of time is more impressive, than you have to take into consideration the competition.

Lebron has played in more games in a shorter period of time, which is impressive on any level. But it's also not as if he had to go through Bird's Celtics or the Bad Boy Pistons like MJ did.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. If you're going to claim that more playoff games in a shorter period of time is more impressive, than you have to take into consideration the competition.

Lebron has played in more games in a shorter period of time, which is impressive on any level. But it's also not as if he had to go through Bird's Celtics or the Bad Boy Pistons like MJ did.

Lebron still played against great championship teams.

MJ faced the Celtics in 85-86, again in 86-87, lost in both seasons.
Detroit in 87-88, 88-89, 89-90, lost in both seasons. He beat them the next year.

Pippen joined him in 87-88, so even with Pippen for 3 years he still kept losing to the Pistons until they began their decline. The Celtics by 89-90, most or all of the best players on that teams were around their mid-30's, after 87-88 the C's starting losing in the 1st round almost every year. If MJ played in 4 years earlier he might have half the rings if that.

Lebron played the championship Pistons and Celtics by himself on the Cavs then when he went to Miami he still had to play the championship Celtics--KG, Pierce and Allen.

I really don't see a huge difference especially the fact the Celtics were starting to fall off the map after beating MJ and the bad boy Pistons starting to be the team to beat in the East. I mean after the 1 or 2 best teams in the East both decades weren't exactly strong.

I mean if you compare the first season MJ got to the Finals and the first year Lebron got to the Finals with Miami...

90-91 season (MJ's first season making it to the ship with the Bulls)

Bulls 61 wins

Celtics 56 wins
Pistons 50 wins

10-11 season (LBJ's first season making it to the ship with the Heat)

Bulls 62 wins
Miami 58 wins
Boston 56 wins
Orlando 52 wins

MJ NEVER went through the Celtics. He lost to them every year he played them in the playoffs. 0-2

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but this record isn't about average. It's total playoff points, which requires not only scoring high in individual games, but getting to the playoffs a lot and winning in the playoffs so that you get more games.

Having more games in less playoff years is part of what makes this impressive
exactly.

Its funny though- the @lebron23james posts how LeBron is set to break the all time points record in the playoffs---- and people feel compelled to jump on "well- it took him more games"

the guy never said it didnt, lol---- he just said whenever anyone looks up who has scored the most points in the postseason in NBA history- very shortly- it will be one LeBron Raymone James- THE KING

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron still played against great championship teams.

MJ faced the Celtics in 85-86, again in 86-87, lost in both seasons.
Detroit in 87-88, 88-89, 89-90, lost in both seasons. He beat them the next year.

Pippen joined him in 87-88, so even with Pippen for 3 years he still kept losing to the Pistons until they began their decline. The Celtics by 89-90, most or all of the best players on that teams were around their mid-30's, after 87-88 the C's starting losing in the 1st round almost every year. If MJ played in 4 years earlier he might have half the rings if that.

Lebron played the championship Pistons and Celtics by himself on the Cavs then when he went to Miami he still had to play the championship Celtics--KG, Pierce and Allen.

I really don't see a huge difference especially the fact the Celtics were starting to fall off the map after beating MJ and the bad boy Pistons starting to be the team to beat in the East. I mean after the 1 or 2 best teams in the East both decades weren't exactly strong.

I mean if you compare the first season MJ got to the Finals and the first year Lebron got to the Finals with Miami...

90-91 season (MJ's first season making it to the ship with the Bulls)

Bulls 61 wins

Celtics 56 wins
Pistons 50 wins

10-11 season (LBJ's first season making it to the ship with the Heat)

Bulls 62 wins
Miami 58 wins
Boston 56 wins
Orlando 52 wins

MJ NEVER went through the Celtics. He lost to them every year he played them in the playoffs. 0-2
LeBron has DEFINITELY had better competition in the Finals too betwee the Spurs and the Warriors.

The closest thing to a "great team" Jordan faced in the Finals was the Jazz-----and these Spurs and Warriors teams are def. better than the Jazz-- most of the other teams were either at the end of their runs and running on empty- or one and done teams like the Suns or Blazers.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan of course has been to 6 Finals

the teams he beat in those 6-

the '91 Lakers who were at the end of their run where the Bulls handled them in 5
The Trailblazers
the Suns
The Sonics
and 2 jazz teams

The Lakers were done after '91 and didnt make another Finals till Shaq and Kobe. That was their last gasp. The Blazers never threatened again. The Suns never got their again. the Sonics never got there again.

The Jazz got to those 2 and lost both.

LeBron-

Spurs in 07----
Mavs in 11---- the one where Lebron choked his balls off- def. the biggest black mark on his finals resume
Then OKC with Durant and RW
then San Antonio again
then San Antonio again
then Golden State twice

that is definitely a harder road i nthe Finals then the Bulls had- not even close.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be 100+ closer if he wouldnt have play like shit vs Mavs.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still impressive. Doesn't have to mean he suddenly out-classes Jordan - he never will in most people's minds.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the '91 Lakers who were at the end of their run where the Bulls handled them in 5
The Trailblazers
the Suns
The Sonics
and 2 jazz teams

The Lakers were done after '91 and didnt make another Finals till Shaq and Kobe. That was their last gasp. The Blazers never threatened again. The Suns never got their again. the Sonics never got there again.

LeBron-

Spurs in 07----
Mavs in 11---- the one where Lebron choked his balls off- def. the biggest black mark on his finals resume
then San Antonio again
then San Antonio again
then Golden State twice

that is definitely a harder road i nthe Finals then the Bulls had- not even close.

Absolutely, that is because in Lebrons heyday the West is by far the better conference, so the teams Lebron played in the finals are bound to be better. In Jordans heyday the East was by far the better conference, so Jordan already played the better teams in the ECF.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious, people are bringing up the the more playoff games at an earlier age. If Jordan had jumped ship after year 3 to join the Pistons, then once the Pistons aged he jumped back to the Bulls who would have reloaded would we be praising all those extra playoff games Jordan played in?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely, that is because in Lebrons heyday the West is by far the better conference, so the teams Lebron played in the finals are bound to be better. In Jordans heyday the East was by far the better conference, so Jordan already played the better teams in the ECF.

I wonder how @WiggyRuss and @lebron23james explain that one

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought this was kinda interesting. Since LeBron's rookie year ('03-'04) the WC has a 7-6 lead in the Finals. And I think the WC has been better than the EC during his career but how much better? If the WC is that much better shouldn't they have more than a 7-6 lead in the Finals vs. the E?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was kinda interesting. Since LeBron's rookie year ('03-'04) the WC has a 7-6 lead in the Finals. And I think the WC has been better than the EC during his career but how much better? If the WC is that much better shouldn't they have more than a 7-6 lead in the Finals vs. the E?

Eastern Conference has one super team(KG Pierce Celtics. Or Lebron Wade Heat). That props up a weak 2-7. West is strong 1-7.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Trailblazers
the Suns
The Sonics
and 2 jazz teams

LeBron-

Spurs in 07----
then San Antonio again
then San Antonio again
then Golden State twice

Congratulations on winning yet another Wiggyruss Stupidest Post of the Day award. :clap:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:pound: :pound:

Hilarious that you think that the Pistons and Celtics teams that Lebron played were anything close to Bird's Celtics or the Bad Boy Pistons.

I mean, this has to be a joke, right?