• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron: "I was ready to hand Kyrie the keys to the Cavs"

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem with it, but Celtic fans shouldnt call out Cavs fans for calling out Kyrie, and throwing him under the bus........The only reason he is getting defended is because he now wears Celtic green, not because of all the reasons that are being given
I disagree. The reason Cavs fans burned James' jerseys & hated him was because of the way he left. Every other star that has asked for a trade wasn't met with nearly fury as when LBJ decided to dis Cleveland on national tv. That was pretty bad.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The reason Cavs fans burned James' jerseys & hated him was because of the way he left. Every other star that has asked for a trade wasn't met with nearly fury as when LBJ decided to dis Cleveland on national tv. That was pretty bad.

I dont dis-agree with that, has nothing to do with what I was saying

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Kyrie seems to have quite a following with his Uncle Drew schtick . When you get guys like Russell and Shaq to love your gig and the humor, I think its a good indication of a persons demeanor

I fully admit I love the Uncle Drew thing.

My 4 year old son still talks about Uncle Drew being his 2nd favorite player.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont dis-agree with that, has nothing to do with what I was saying
I think it directly relates - because is points out there is no reason for Celtics fans to feel about Kyrie the way Cavs fans felt about LBJ leaving.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it directly relates - because is points out there is no reason for Celtics fans to feel about Kyrie the way Cavs fans felt about LBJ leaving.

All im saying is that Celtics fans are defending Kyrie because he plays for the Celtics now

They didnt have the same opinion about him prior to the trade

As usual, feelings in sports fandom are created by the laundry a player wears

Reactions: LAD

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't Celtic fans embrace their new player? It's not like he dissed them on national TV during a party with his new teammates promising not 1, not 2, not 3, etc. with his new team.

damn...........................truth !!!!!!!!!!

some never get it with LeFraud

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All im saying is that Celtics fans are defending Kyrie because he plays for the Celtics now

They didnt have the same opinion about him prior to the trade

As usual, feelings in sports fandom are created by the laundry a player wears
Are you referring to anyone specifically here... ?

Who are these people? Because, honestly, I don't follow you.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is part of it.

The other part is that Cleveland fans knew LeBron was a transcendent talent who is impossible to replace. Kyrie is good, but nowhere near as valuable as LeBron. Also, the Cavs got a pretty damn sweet return package which really numbs the pain (and could actually make them significantly better). LeBron left them with nothing but memories.

Reactions: LAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One can only be a mentor to someone that is willing to be taught.

Judging by his view on the shape of the earth...Kyrie has never been willing to be taught.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you referring to anyone specifically here... ?

Who are these people? Because, honestly, I don't follow you.

Are you implying that the general sense from this and other threads from Boston fans is NOT "Lebron is a douche and Kyrie is the victim here?" I think everyone kinda sees that

And there's nothing wrong with it, we all back the players on our teams

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you implying that the general sense from this and other threads from Boston fans is NOT "Lebron is a douche and Kyrie is the victim here?" I think everyone kinda sees that

And there's nothing wrong with it, we all back the players on our teams
Dude, it's not just Boston fans in this thread... the general consensus is that LeBron is being a douche bag in this situation.

On this one, Kyrie handled things like a man... basically told the media to F off, that any words exchanged between him and LeBron would stay between him and LeBron. Which is the stand up thing to do.

LeBron, OTOH?... a litany of "kid" swipes... :L. Total b!tch move.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, it's not just Boston fans in this thread... the general consensus is that LeBron is being a douche bag in this situation.

On this one, Kyrie handled things like a man... basically told the media to F off, that any words exchanged between him and LeBron would stay between him and LeBron. Which is the stand up thing to do.

Definitely the consensus on this thread/forum.

Definitely NOT the consensus in general.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely the consensus on this thread/forum.

Definitely NOT the consensus in general.
To be clear, I'm just talking about the current yammering to the media.

I don't claim to be an expert on their entire history together and who is more or less to blame overall.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear, I'm just talking about the current yammering to the media.

I don't claim to be an expert on their entire history together and who is more or less to blame overall.

Ahh my bad.

Yeah, I agree, Kyrie has handled everything perfectly from that sense. He hasn't been as candid and accessible on the topic as LeBron has... but that's probably the best approach.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You think it was a bitch move for Kyrie to act like a child on camera mocking Lebron at a wedding?

You think it was a bitch move for Kyrie to give his teammates the silent treatment in a damn NBA Finals?

Considering those things, you dont think Lebron could have said a lot worse than 'Kid" a few times in a press conference?

Jordan would have torn this kid to shreds to the media

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This gonna be hilarious when the Celtics get bounced in the first round to the Bucks or Wizards.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think it was a bitch move for Kyrie to act like a child on camera mocking Lebron at a wedding?

You think it was a bitch move for Kyrie to give his teammates the silent treatment in a damn NBA Finals?

Considering those things, you dont think Lebron could have said a lot worse than 'Kid" a few times in a press conference?

Reread what I wrote.

This thread is about a particular topic, I was referring only to that particular topic. As I said.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, LeBron did imply that Kyrie's aim wasn't to be the best player he could possibly be. He said that Kyrie stole everything he learned from LeBron and took it to Boston. He basically put a huge LBJ stamp on top of Kyrie's future. If Kyrie's successful then LeBron will say that he taught him well, if Kyrie fails then he'll be able to say that Kyrie couldn't do it without him.

I'd say that's pretty good.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, LeBron did imply that Kyrie's aim wasn't to be the best player he could possibly be. He said that Kyrie stole everything he learned from LeBron and took it to Boston. He basically put a huge LBJ stamp on top of Kyrie's future. If Kyrie's successful then LeBron will say that he taught him well, if Kyrie fails then he'll be able to say that Kyrie couldn't do it without him.

I'd say that's pretty good.

He's crazy like a fox, he knows what hes saying and doing

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont get the obsession people have with not accepting that LBJ is a narcisist. That does not mean he is not one of the greatest to ever play. Strange .....................