• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron: "I was ready to hand Kyrie the keys to the Cavs"

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone said earlier, I don't think Kyrie ever wanted to play with Lebron. Remember he signed that deal before Lebron returned probably thinking it would be his team

Yeah, that's why, while I don't agree with what Kyrie did, I understand why. He was supposed to be the "face of the Cavs" and the team was going to be built around him. He and Blatt were supposed to lead a young team, all learning together.

Then Lebron decides he wants to go back and fucks it all up. That is, if you can call 3 straight finals trips and a title "fucking things up." lol

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kyrie already thought of himself as a star that didn't need any help or mentoring when LeBron arrived. Which is fine, that confidence and boldness is part of what makes Kyrie a great player.

LeBron, who grew up with no father, has always put a lot of stock and value into having mentor figures. Just listen to him talk about Dru Joyce, Keith Dambrot, Ilgauskus, and others. LeBron saw himself as a mentor for Kyrie, someone who could take him under his wing, impart his new-found "championship DNA blueprint" he'd learned in Miami, and help set him up to become a bonafide star in the league.

Is that a little pretentious and arrogant? Yeah, probably. But considering Kyrie was a 20 year old kid who hadn't accomplished anything since HS, and LeBron was alread a top-10 player of all time... I think LeBron's perception of the situation is closer to reality than Kyrie's was.

Kyrie may perceive it as disrespect, and have good reason to do so... but I just don't think that was ever the intent from LeBron, who from what we know has always been well-liked by his peers.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If we ever have that conversation -- I don't think it's for anybody else but me and him," Irving said Monday.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So LBJ is basically doing damage control. I am happy to see Kyrie did not take the bait and retort. Its a decision Kyrie made. We all see the many reasons. Lebron could have just called him a man and wished him the best.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine the conversation went something like this...

LeBron / Gilbert / Koby: "Hey Kyrie, why do you want to be traded?"

Kyrie: "Well, to put it succinctly for you, it all just comes down to the fact that eventually, one way or another, you reach a crossroads on the horizon and you have no choice but to just dig deep down in yourself and listen to the spirit warrior crying out from within your soul and you just gotta sieze the moment and let it fly. Honestly, for me, it literally stems from me just looking in the mirror and understanding what it means to be a responsible part of society and no matter what the social norms or fads of the day are telling me, I have a right and an accountability to myself and to the society at large to honor that."

LeBron / Gilbert / Kobe: "..."

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine the conversation went something like this...

LeBron / Gilbert / Koby: "Hey Kyrie, why do you want to be traded?"

Kyrie: "Well, to put it succinctly for you, it all just comes down to the fact that eventually, one way or another, you reach a crossroads on the horizon and you have no choice but to just dig deep down in yourself and listen to the spirit warrior crying out from within your soul and you just gotta sieze the moment and let it fly. Honestly, for me, it literally stems from me just looking in the mirror and understanding what it means to be a responsible part of society and no matter what the social norms or fads of the day are telling me, I have a right and an accountability to myself and to the society at large to honor that."

LeBron / Gilbert / Kobe: "..."
nice interview with kyrie yesterday on local radio.

i like everything i hear.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kyrie already thought of himself as a star that didn't need any help or mentoring when LeBron arrived. Which is fine, that confidence and boldness is part of what makes Kyrie a great player.

LeBron, who grew up with no father, has always put a lot of stock and value into having mentor figures. Just listen to him talk about Dru Joyce, Keith Dambrot, Ilgauskus, and others. LeBron saw himself as a mentor for Kyrie, someone who could take him under his wing, impart his new-found "championship DNA blueprint" he'd learned in Miami, and help set him up to become a bonafide star in the league.

Is that a little pretentious and arrogant? Yeah, probably. But considering Kyrie was a 20 year old kid who hadn't accomplished anything since HS, and LeBron was alread a top-10 player of all time... I think LeBron's perception of the situation is closer to reality than Kyrie's was.

Kyrie may perceive it as disrespect, and have good reason to do so... but I just don't think that was ever the intent from LeBron, who from what we know has always been well-liked by his peers.
One can only be a mentor to someone that is willing to be taught. Kyrie didn't come across as wanting that type of relationship with LBJ.

Furthermore, I am thinking it has something to do with LBJ in general, because Kyrie doesn't have any problems being mentored by Kobe.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People have a short memory...Jordan was as arrogant and impossible to deal with as any star in any league...Jordan would have emasculated Kyrie to death if he showed the dis-respect he has shown to Lebron......You think him saying 'Kid" is bad? GTFO, Jordan would have destroyed this kid

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One can only be a mentor to someone that is willing to be taught. Kyrie didn't come across as wanting that type of relationship with LBJ.

Furthermore, I am thinking it has something to do with LBJ in general, because Kyrie doesn't have any problems being mentored by Kobe.

Here's the way I look @ Kyrie. He's a very talented player but he sees himself as the franchise player. Problem is he couldn't even get the Cavs into the playoffs w/o help from LeBron. Mr. Flat Earth has many All Star games ahead of him probably but I don't see him leading the Celtics to a championship.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Kyrie seems to have quite a following with his Uncle Drew schtick . When you get guys like Russell and Shaq to love your gig and the humor, I think its a good indication of a persons demeanor

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the way I look @ Kyrie. He's a very talented player but he sees himself as the franchise player. Problem is he couldn't even get the Cavs into the playoffs w/o help from LeBron. Mr. Flat Earth has many All Star games ahead of him probably but I don't see him leading the Celtics to a championship.
True he wasn't able to get them anywhere, but to be fair I don't know of many guys who were able to lead their team anywhere as a rookie or even their second year.

Honestly, we don't know how he would've developed had LBJ not returned to Cleveland and I think Kyrie feels he was robbed of the chance to develop into a franchise player. I think we can agree that the potential is there. I can't wait to see how he does.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So funny to see Cavs trashing on him now. Shame on Kyrie at the age of 20 for not putting a decimated franchise on his shoulders all alone, ya know, the same franchise LeFraud left, where you all burned him for leaving, then quickly excusing him when Bosh got hurt, Wade got old and he scrambled back to the smoking cinders of his previous stint.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True he wasn't able to get them anywhere, but to be fair I don't know of many guys who were able to lead their team anywhere as a rookie or even their second year.

Honestly, we don't know how he would've developed had LBJ not returned to Cleveland and I think Kyrie feels he was robbed of the chance to develop into a franchise player. I think we can agree that the potential is there. I can't wait to see how he does.

I can think of a few rookies and/or 2nd year players that turned a franchise around, but they're all time greats. Bird (the year before they drafted him 29 W's, his rookie year 61 W's), Magic, Hakeem got the Rockets to the Finals his 2nd year, Duncan (20 W's before they drafted him, won it all in his 2nd year). I know what you mean though. It's not often a 1st or 2nd year player has great success.

Do you think Kyrie will average a career high in assists this year? His previous career high was 6.1.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So funny to see Cavs trashing on him now. Shame on Kyrie at the age of 20 for not putting a decimated franchise on his shoulders all alone, ya know, the same franchise LeFraud left, where you all burned him for leaving, then quickly excusing him when Bosh got hurt, Wade got old and he scrambled back to the smoking cinders of his previous stint.

"where you all burned him for leaving"

I hope you're not calling me a Cavs fan. I've been a Celtics fan since the days of Larry the Legend. I was just giving my honest opinion about Kyrie.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can think of a few rookies and/or 2nd year players that turned a franchise around, but they're all time greats. Bird (the year before they drafted him 29 W's, his rookie year 61 W's), Magic, Hakeem got the Rockets to the Finals his 2nd year, Duncan (20 W's before they drafted him, won it all in his 2nd year). I know what you mean though. It's not often a 1st or 2nd year player has great success.

Do you think Kyrie will average a career high in assists this year? His previous career high was 6.1.
No, I don't think his assists go up- I think they go down by one or two. I look for his assist average to be on par w/ Kobe's which is right around 5 or so.

By telling us he wants to be the man I am under the assumption that to him means he'll have the ball in hands the most.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't think his assists go up- I think they go down by one or two. I look for his assist average to be on par w/ Kobe's which is right around 5 or so.

By telling us he wants to be the man I am under the assumption that to him means he'll have the ball in hands the most.

I agree w/ that. It'll be interesting to see what kind of #'s he puts up this year.

Reactions: LAD

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is that any different than Celtics fans collectively running to Kyries' defense all of a sudden?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that any different than Celtics fans collectively running to Kyries' defense all of a sudden?
Why wouldn't Celtic fans embrace their new player? It's not like he dissed them on national TV during a party with his new teammates promising not 1, not 2, not 3, etc. with his new team.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't Celtic fans embrace their new player? It's not like he dissed them on national TV during a party with his new teammates promising not 1, not 2, not 3, etc. with his new team.

No problem with it, but Celtic fans shouldnt call out Cavs fans for calling out Kyrie, and throwing him under the bus........The only reason he is getting defended is because he now wears Celtic green, not because of all the reasons that are being given

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because he played @ dook.:heh: