• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron: "I was ready to hand Kyrie the keys to the Cavs"

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably not 24. And it really just depends on who it is. For me, if its someone significantly older than me that I view as a mentor, it wouldn't bother me one bit.

Kyrie just went to Harrison Barnes wedding and him and Steph Curry mocked and laughed at Lebron

So Lebron calls Kyrie a "Kid" and goes to bat for Steph Curry in the Trump pissing match

Yeah Lebron is the douche

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I supposed to be seeing something?
you said "before i got here"

i got here in 2013.

you kinda didnt...

unless you were referring to being born, which is really silly.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because 2 guys are great at what they do doesn't mean they're going to get along. They made it work in Cleveland for as long as possible but who really wants to play with a guy who takes all the credit when the team succeeds and none of the blame when the team fails?

I don't think it's about Kyrie wanting to be the "guy", I just think he wants to play somewhere where he won't be constantly spoken down to and treated as a "lil bro" or "kid". I don't think James had as much of a problem playing on a veteran team like Miami and alongside someone he viewed as an all-time great and equal in D-Wade. Kyrie has obviously wanted to leave for a while and might not ever have enjoyed being teammates with James.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure... but where did LeBron say I was ready to hand over the keys this season?

People are viewing this in the prism of "LeBron is leaving the Cavs soon"... but yesterday LeBron said nothing has changed in terms of wanting to be a Cav till he retires. That's the context this was all said under.

Listen to the rest of what LeBron was saying. He was talking long-term. He talked about trying to be a good mentor to Kyrie, tried to teach him what he learned, saw him grow a lot, was prepared to hand over they keys. I don't think its disingenuous at all... especially when you look at the way that LeBron values the mentors he's had in his life and his career.
In all fairness, no one saw his move from & back to Cleveland coming either. Do we really expect him to tip his hat this early & drop hints if he's planning to leave? Especially given the backlash he experienced the first & second time, my thought is he leaves in the middle of the night while all are asleep. :D

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because 2 guys are great at what they do doesn't mean they're going to get along. They made it work in Cleveland for as long as possible but who really wants to play with a guy who takes all the credit when the team succeeds and none of the blame when the team fails?

I don't think it's about Kyrie wanting to be the "guy", I just think he wants to play somewhere where he won't be constantly spoken down to and treated as a "lil bro" or "kid". I don't think James had as much of a problem playing on a veteran team like Miami and alongside someone he viewed as an all-time great and equal in D-Wade. Kyrie has obviously wanted to leave for a while and might not ever have enjoyed being teammates with James.
And to your point - LBJ returned just 11 days after Kyrie signed his first extension. I'm thinking if LBJ had shared his plans prior to that Kyrie maybe doesn't sign w/ Cleveland.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to your point - LBJ returned just 11 days after Kyrie signed his first extension. I'm thinking if LBJ had shared his plans prior to that Kyrie maybe doesn't sign w/ Cleveland.

Because he wants to be the "Guy", which speaks against his point

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he wants to be the "Guy", which speaks against his point
I was referring to this sentence: Kyrie has obviously wanted to leave for a while and might not ever have enjoyed being teammates with James.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring to this sentence: Kyrie has obviously wanted to leave for a while and might not ever have enjoyed being teammates with James.

I dont dis-agree, I just think his not wanting to be teammates with Lebron is because he needs to be the Alpha, and winning takes a back seat.....Again, the Celtics thing will be interesting, cause Hayward is gonna be a fan favorite, and Irving will again be taking a backseat in terms of public perception there

Reminds me a little of when Kobe needed to be the alpha, and kicked Shaq to the curb, but Kyrie isnt Kobe by a long shot

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont dis-agree, I just think his not wanting to be teammates with Lebron is because he needs to be the Alpha, and winning takes a back seat.....Again, the Celtics thing will be interesting, cause Hayward is gonna be a fan favorite, and Irving will again be taking a backseat in terms of public perception there

Reminds me a little of when Kobe needed to be the alpha, and kicked Shaq to the curb, but Kyrie isnt Kobe by a long shot
I think Kyrie is like Kobe in terms of how Kobe wanted to prove he could win without Shaq. But, Kobe didn't kick Shaq to the curb. Shaq made his own bed by way of calling out Buss on national tv regarding getting paid. Shaq demanding a trade I'm sure didn't help either.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for nothing but just an observation on my end. LBJ seems like a more likable person to those he play with than Kyrie.

Lebron is a guaranteed deep playoff run. Kobe used to seem likable when he was a guaranteed deep playoff run too. lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is a guaranteed deep playoff run. Kobe used to seem likable when he was a guaranteed deep playoff run too. lol

Just off the court I mean. A lot of guys remain friends with Lebron even after leaving his team or vice versa. Kyrie seems like a loner IMO.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just off the court I mean. A lot of guys remain friends with Lebron even after leaving his team or vice versa. Kyrie seems like a loner IMO.

I'm not sure I've seen Lebron be as condescending to those other guys as he was to Kyrie. Kyrie is also the first guy that I know of who has actually actively wanted to leave a team that he was on with Lebron.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I've seen Lebron be as condescending to those other guys as he was to Kyrie. Kyrie is also the first guy that I know of who has actually actively wanted to leave a team that he was on with Lebron.

As someone said earlier, I don't think Kyrie ever wanted to play with Lebron. Remember he signed that deal before Lebron returned probably thinking it would be his team