• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron & Co. sitting out tonight 'cuz of Barkley?

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably doesn't like punishing his fans which makes sense.

That's dumb, his fans get to see him 41 times a year. Why punish fans that gets to see you only once or twice a year? Plus, there's Cavs fans in other cities he's punishing too.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's dumb, his fans get to see him 41 times a year. Why punish fans that gets to see you only once or twice a year? Plus, there's Cavs fans in other cities he's punishing too.

Why are you assuming people got money to go to multiple games? Some people only go to see their home team once or twice per season. Not every fan is a season ticket holder. You have fans who can really only afford to go to one game per year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you assuming people got money to go to multiple games? Some people only go to see their home team once or twice per season. Not every fan is a season ticket holder. You have fans who can really only afford to go to one game per year.

And also if you're a real Cavs fan then it shouldn't bother you too much if Lebron sits out while the other 2 members of your big 3 played. I wouldn't have gave a shit if the Heat sat out Lebron when I would go see them play the Brooklyn nets because I'm a team fan. I'm there to see the Miami Heat.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But they have 41 games to choose from. Fans in other cities have 1-3 chances.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never said go to multiple games. I said that they have 41 chances to see Lebron, while the other cities only have 1 or 2 chances.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And also if you're a real Cavs fan then it shouldn't bother you too much if Lebron sits out while the other 2 members of your big 3 played. I wouldn't have gave a shit if the Heat sat out Lebron when I would go see them play the Brooklyn nets because I'm a team fan. I'm there to see the Miami Heat.

That's you, but majority of fans want to see the star player play with the team

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they have 41 games to choose from. Fans in other cities have 1-3 chances.

I never said go to multiple games. I said that they have 41 chances to see Lebron, while the other cities only have 1 or 2 chances.

I understand that but fans should also be more aware of this. This resting thing has been going on for at least 3 years now. Stubhub is always selling tickets and so is NBA Tickets. You can easily just wait until the day of the game or the day before and purchase the tickets through one of those sites once you hear Lebron is playing.

Lebron missed 3 games this year due to rest. Is it really that big of a deal? And in 2 of those cities where he missed games, the cavs visit that city twice.

Pop is out here resting Leonard (top 5 all around player in the league) and LA the same amount of games as Lue been resting Lebron.

Where is the outrage about Pop resting 2 guys which much less mileage than Lebron? You don't think there are Spurs fans in other cities purchasing tickets to see those guys play?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that but fans should also be more aware of this. This resting thing has been going on for at least 3 years now. Stubhub is always selling tickets and so is NBA Tickets. You can easily just wait until the day of the game or the day before and purchase the tickets through one of those sites once you hear Lebron is playing.

It's not necessarily that easy. Depending on where one lives, work schedule, etc. there can be a lot involved in attending a game. If someone has a couple hours drive to the game, has to get the time off work to go to the game and has to save up their money to be able to purchase the tickets in advance, it's not as simple as deciding that they want to go to the game that day or even a couple of days sooner.

And what about situations like the recent Cavs/Thunder game when all indications were that the Big 3 weren't going to be playing and then they all played?

If rest is going to continue to be a thing (and I think it should) then I think teams should announce those game plenty in advance so that fans can plan around it (especially if they are going to rest during road games). It's pretty easy to look at the schedule and see the back to backs, long road trips and 4 games in 5 or 6 nights parts of the schedule and pick a few games.

If attendance is a concern, then offer discounted tickets on those nights.

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not necessarily that easy. Depending on where one lives, work schedule, etc. there can be a lot involved in attending a game. If someone has a couple hours drive to the game, has to get the time off work to go to the game and has to save up their money to be able to purchase the tickets in advance, it's not as simple as deciding that they want to go to the game that day or even a couple of days sooner.

And what about situations like the recent Cavs/Thunder game when all indications were that the Big 3 weren't going to be playing and then they all played?

If rest is going to continue to be a thing (and I think it should) then I think teams should announce those game plenty in advance so that fans can plan around it (especially if they are going to rest during road games). It's pretty easy to look at the schedule and see the back to backs, long road trips and 4 games in 5 or 6 nights parts of the schedule and pick a few games.

I agree with your last paragraph. I do think if there are multiple players missing that the fans should be entitled to a refund or discounted tickets for another game of their choice

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your last paragraph. I do think if there are multiple players missing that the fans should be entitled to a refund or discounted tickets for another game of their choice

Heck, I'd definitely go for some discounted tickets to a Lakers game if star player(s) for either the Lakers (when we have them again. lol) or the opponent weren't going to play. Lakers tickets are freakin' expensive and it's a 2 hour (minimum) trip to the game.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is, why in the hell is Lebron averaging the most minutes? Maybe he and Lue cut on his minutes, then he wouldn't need to rest.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is, why in the hell is Lebron averaging the most minutes? Maybe he and Lue cut on his minutes, then he wouldn't need to rest.

According to Lebron, the rest of the team stinks after their big 3 so that's why

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he wants to play this many minutes...Nobody is making him play this many minutes, at least i think

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Nba could fix this problem pretty easily, but they won't. They could knock off 10-15 games off the regular season. This will never happen although it would be fine with me.

Another solution could be for teams wanting to rest players that they must play a certain base amount minutes, that way the fans still get to see them at least for a quarter...

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA ticket prices are exorbitant.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, I'd definitely go for some discounted tickets to a Lakers game if star player(s) for either the Lakers (when we have them again. lol) or the opponent weren't going to play. Lakers tickets are freakin' expensive and it's a 2 hour (minimum) trip to the game.
All NBA tickets are expensive regardless if the team is good or not.