• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron & Co. sitting out tonight 'cuz of Barkley?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lebron wants to play, then he wil play. No way in hell Kobe will sit out a game if he is healthy.

People have to realize this is a new time. Nobody cares what kobe would have done. Lebron never sat out games in Miami until April. It's something the cavs management believes in.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not rest home games?

Cavs were on the end of a road trip, 4th game in 6 nights.
OKC hadnt played since Monday.
These were the types of situations when the Spurs started saying F U to the league.
Players decided to play.
Thats fine, however if they hadn't, it would have been justified.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1st & only time, I can recall, that missing 28 shots was a good thing.

Games like that created a new stat -- the "Kobe Assist". (offensive rebound/putback)

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why shouldn't the players run the show? They are the show. They've been building some entertaining game play, these superteams are fun to watch. Did no one like the 90s Bulls except Bulls fans? How about 80s LA and Boston, no casual fan excitement, no interest outside their cities?

I can't understand how fans of NBA basketball don't like seeing the best vs the best, to see the game played at its highest level. You can always root AGAINST the superteams, but you'll watch. No friggin way are the superteams bad for the NBA.

Wait...how exactly were the bulls a super-team? Or the celtics or 80's lakers??

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These were the types of situations when the Spurs started saying F U to the league.
Players decided to play.

Yep exactly. I would expect to see one or two of their big 3 rest against Denver tomorrow.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't tell if serious....

BJ Armstrong? Stacey King? Will perdue? So I guess jordan lobbied bulls management reeeeal hard to draft scottie pippen? He was tripping over himself to get "his buddy" dennis rodman??

Those dynasties were largely built by the front office, not the star players crying for some help

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have to realize this is a new time.

Newsflash, just because it's a "new time" doesn't mean it's the right way to do things.

Nobody cares what kobe would have done.

Maybe they should. A big part of the reason Kobe tried to play every game (and played quite a few when he shouldn't have) is because he felt an obligation to be out there for the fans who paid good money to cheer for him, or boo him, whichever the case may be.

If today's players felt that same obligation, they wouldn't be getting criticized nearly as much. Don't get me wrong, as a Lakers fan, I wish that he would have sat out more than he did. Maybe if he had, his last 2-3 years would have been better. But I'm not going to fault a guy for showing up to work every day.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. This truly confirms today's "superstars" are truly the biggest bunch of hairless pussies in NBA history. It is true. The money making superstars control the game and do whatever the fuck they want to do. Join forces, establish super tears. COLLUDE their way to titles. And as a result this is the NBA you have today.

No talent distribution. No men. No competitiveness. Nothing

The NBA is going to be bleeding viewers sooner or later if this keeps up. Why even have a regular season? We already know the end result:

Stacked Warriors vs. Stacked Cavs (Possibly with Melo now).

Pussified League without question

Everything Chuck said was 100 PERCENT SPOT ON. LeBitch is bothered by it because he knows its the truth.
They played their game Monday on TNT, this has nothing to do with what Barkley said.

99% of the comments in here, including yours, are fucking retarded.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hilarious when people call players soft for resting. Management makes these calls 95% of the time. It is not the players.

In this instance, my guess would be that Cavs brass planned to rest them and the players talked them out of it.

Yes and no. It's management that makes the initial call, but if the player wants to play, he's going to play. Lebron, Kyrie and Love showed that last night and Kobe showed it many more times than he probably should have over his career.

Since it seems that players are more and more willing to allow themselves to be held out of games, there is some validity to the claims that they are soft, at least when compared to players in the past.

Having said that, I'm not sure in this case that the players being "soft" and allowing themselves to be held out more is necessarily a bad thing. I just wish they'd come up with a way to make it more fair for the fans.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BJ Armstrong? Stacey King? Will perdue? So I guess jordan lobbied bulls management reeeeal hard to draft scottie pippen? He was tripping over himself to get "his buddy" dennis rodman??

Those dynasties were largely built by the front office, not the star players crying for some help

The Warriors drafted Curry, Thompson, and Green. Try again.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How a super team is built doesn't change the fact that they are a super team.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How a super team is built doesn't change the fact that they are a super team.

but...i thought THAT was the very thing that people want to complain about nowadays, HOW a team was put together. If a front office puts together a dynastic team it isn't a problem and they're doing what they were paid to do, but if players conspire to end up together, then it's all a sham. Where have YOU been?? :dhd:

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm referring to the bulls, celtic and lakers from your previous post.

And I was referring to your comment about those dynasties being built by the front office. The Warriors front office built this super team too same as those teams did. In other words what are you complaining about? Super teams were good then and they are good now.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I was referring to your comment about those dynasties being built by the front office. The Warriors front office built this super team too same as those teams did. In other words what are you complaining about? Super teams were good then and they are good now.

Given a Superteam -- how could the FO not have built it in any situation ?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but...i thought THAT was the very thing that people want to complain about nowadays, HOW a team was put together. If a front office puts together a dynastic team it isn't a problem and they're doing what they were paid to do, but if players conspire to end up together, then it's all a sham. Where have YOU been?? :dhd:

That's true, people do complain about HOW a team was put together, but whether they are put together by the FO or by players wanting to team up, they're still super teams. Those Lakers, Celtics and Bulls teams were still super teams, they were just built differently.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players decided to play.

Once again, why don't he sit home games?