• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron and Phil Jackson

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, I dunno, peeps. i'm considering telling my wife when I get home from work "yo, listen up, whitey"...

whatta you guys think...?:lol:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, there is always a bit of truth to every stereotype, this one included.

But for reals, what kind of an asshole DOESN'T think fried chicken and watermelon are fucking delicious?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm saying that if you gave "thoughtful consideration" to an obviously non-racist comment and racism is what you came up with...you either need to take a look at just how "thoughtful" your "consideration" was. Or, you were trying to deflect away from something negative about yourself and/or, in this case, your "posse."

You Lebroniacs crack me up with your constant need to defend everything he does and says. Lebron is no smarter or more well informed than anyone else. He's a high school graduate who happens to be a great basketball player. I want him on my basketball team, not my debate team.

Why can't you guys just say, "he was right to defend his friends, but took it too far when he made it about race"? It really is that simple.

Gotcha, that makes more sense. I agree that this one doesn't add up... but not everyone is as smart as me:D and more importantly not everyone has the same experiences as me... so its ok if our thoughtful considerations don't bring us to the same conclusion.

Yes, yes, I know.... its impossible for me to say anything in defense of LeBron without coming back to the old "lebroniac" thing. No matter all the times that I criticize him... the fact that I just mentioned his habit of being whiny and entitlted... and the fact that I am disagreeing with him on this issue.

That IS basically what I'm saying. I don't agree that what Phil Jackson said was racially motivated. I think LeBron is wrong. I just don't think he fits into the "some people always have to find race in everything any white person says" at all - follow this exchange back and that's exactly where it all started.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, true story :

I DESPISE watermelon.

giphy.gif

Oh. My. Fuck.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey, I was just having a daredevil moment. there's a SLIGHT chance I won't be logging any couch hours tonight with that statement...:heh:

If people want to feel the full brunt of racism, walk a mile in a biracial persons shoes.

The shit is brutal cause you get it from both sides.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said and Thank You.

But, I actually appreciate the fact that he's being honest.

Sometimes the internet makes it easier for folks to admit the truths they are reluctant to say, for fear of being labeled.

As long as it remains respectful, I actually enjoy having these kinds of conversations. Nothing said will likely change anyone's opinion. But, racism thrives because of fear, Ignorance, Intolerance and miscommunication.

Talking about it minimizes that ever so slightly.

Plus, there is always a bit of truth to every stereotype, this one included.
Wow, that's a really smart and interesting thing to say.

I guess it does no good to shame people into silence. Progress comes from understanding each other and having conversations.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people want to feel the full brunt of racism, walk a mile in a biracial persons shoes.

The shit is brutal cause you get it from both sides.

Tell me about it. I'm half black, half Jew, half Puerto Rican-Chinese and half lesbian. AND, I have three testicles. Shit's B-R-U-T-A-L.