• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Leagues "random" drug testing is a joke

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random, in this case I think, means that the test can be requested at any time from the league and not on specific pre-set dates. I think it more refers to the date than the person.

I don't think Random means, a random person's name is drawn out of a hat and they test that person.

At any rate...I don't care. Test 'em all every week if you want. If you don't cheat, you shouldn't have an issue with any test at any time.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said anything about being a slave. Just that the owners lay claim to the blood of those they have bought.

Tried to edit this to clarify, but missed the time limit.

"Just that the owners lay claim to the blood of those that participate in their business schemes as the production guys."

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At any rate...I don't care. Test 'em all every week if you want. If you don't cheat, you shouldn't have an issue with any test at any time.

Should your insurance company test you for your sugar consumption and then raise your rate when you consume more than they deem is healthy for you?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should your insurance company test you for your sugar consumption and then raise your rate when you consume more than they deem is healthy for you?

If it's in the contract I sign, then yes they can. And I would be aware that I could be tested at any time. And if I'm over the limit, then it's my fault. Not theirs.

I get the the rule(s) in general may be flaky, but how hard is it to follow a rule? I mean, even if it's dumb, you still have to follow it. Just like any silly rule that might be required of you in your day-to-day job. You do things you don't want to, or you think is silly, simply because you have to. If you don't, you get into trouble, and the excuse that the rule is silly/stupid doesn't fly.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried to edit this to clarify, but missed the time limit.

"Just that the owners lay claim to the blood of those that participate in their business schemes as the production guys."

"Lay claim to the blood" ? Hyperbole much ? There are plenty of jobs that require random drug screening as a condition of employment. If you don't like it don't sign up for the gig. Pretty simple.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Piss in the cup and stop bitching.

You signed the contract, you know the rules, it is part of the process of being a highly paid NFL athlete.

I think the bigger question should be why the fuck do you guys feel entitled and that the rules should not apply to you?

It's the same as telling the officer do you know who I am.

First of all, I didn't hear him say he shouldn't ever be drug tested. They could have tested him after the game just as easily. I mean they never move fast enough that a test during this week would have resulted in him not playing in this game anyway, so why do it NOW?

Second of all, it seems a huge percentage of people on this site just want football players to give plain vanilla canned answers to everything they are asked. We hear STFU about everything players say outside of the box, and buck up and meet your contract obligations and talk when they snub their nose at the process. Well of course it's that way until it's someone from YOUR team doing the talking/non talking right? :rollseyes:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Lay claim to the blood" ? Hyperbole much ? There are plenty of jobs that require random drug screening as a condition of employment. If you don't like it don't sign up for the gig. Pretty simple.

That's not hyperbole. They can take it whenever they want it, randomly, without warning.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this tweet from Earl Thomas. Great timing by the leagues "random" drug testing, just happened to pick ET's name out of the hat after he's recovered from a pretty rough injury........

Now dont take this wrong, if he's taking hgh he should get in trouble. But don't blow smoke up all our asses telling us its random.

I think HGH testing in general is bogus, and I agree 100% with your point in bold. At the same time he did draw attention to himself with his "announced" miraculous recovery...should've kept a lower profile...just said I plan on playing.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think HGH testing in general is bogus, and I agree 100% with your point in bold. At the same time he did draw attention to himself with his "announced" miraculous recovery...should've kept a lower profile...just said I plan on playing.

Again, I don't think Random means a random player, but rather any random time for the actual test.

Could be wrong, but that's how I see it.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, I didn't hear him say he shouldn't ever be drug tested. They could have tested him after the game just as easily. I mean they never move fast enough that a test during this week would have resulted in him not playing in this game anyway, so why do it NOW?

Second of all, it seems a huge percentage of people on this site just want football players to give plain vanilla canned answers to everything they are asked. We hear STFU about everything players say outside of the box, and buck up and meet your contract obligations and talk when they snub their nose at the process. Well of course it's that way until it's someone from YOUR team doing the talking/non talking right? :rollseyes:

Stop with the Seahawks get so much hate! I don't give a shit if it is a Seahawk, 49er or Lion. You signed the damn contract that's the deal, not only did you sign but your union agreed to it as well. Let me repeat, your collective bargaining unit accepted that in their contract deal!

And I repeat if he wants to make a statement then don't take the test! Simple enough. It's easy to be an activist if your not going to loose anything or put yourself at some risk.

And with the canned vanilla answer I think your mixing up your Seahawk defenses here. The guy was protesting having to give a urine sample not another player just going through the media questioning process. If he doesn't want to answer or talk fine. Pay a fine and move on. But don't say how unfair something is and bitch when you agreed to it and your union did as well.

As for the insurance blood drawn comment that's an over reach of a comparison. They make cops give drug test, pilots, and others. They are not buying a service and trying to get a better deal. And again if they did buy from someone else everyone has a choice you just may not like the choice offered.