• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Leagues "random" drug testing is a joke

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think dragging yourself out of your hotel room during SB week to go down to some facility and have a guy watch you piss would be a little distracting?

Ona Thursday night? Gmab, if ET wants to blame anyone blame the teammates who ruined his Thurs night for him.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely but we'll never know because I don't expect any Pats player to vent on twitter about their "random drug" test.

I think it is safe to assume Thomas is not the only player that they tested this week.

Fair enough... I would just hope they do it randomly for both sides if there gonna start testing like that... Also do it 5-6 day's before games... Not 3 day's before...

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough... I would just hope they do it randomly for both sides if there gonna start testing like that... Also do it 5-6 day's before games... Not 3 day's before...

Dafuq? Its a piss test noones asking for a kidney transplant

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think dragging yourself out of your hotel room during SB week to go down to some facility and have a guy watch you piss would be a little distracting?

Its a blood test, not a piss test. If I was a finely tuned athlete, I wouldnt want blood drawn so close to performing. The olympics deals with a lot of blowback from athletes because of this. And the tests for hgh are ineffective anyways.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf: plantation owners?

Yeah where do I sign up for $25 million dollar slave work

:L

Sign me up. Slavery was never described in such a glowing light. Goddamn history class and their lies!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a blood test, not a piss test. If I was a finely tuned athlete, I wouldnt want blood drawn so close to performing. The olympics deals with a lot of blowback from athletes because of this. And the tests for hgh are ineffective anyways.

Pay me 25 mil and you can take all of it!!!!!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, who are you rooting for?????

Don't get me wrong southie, I do hope this is all a bunch of bs and the pats come out of it cleared.

I was only pointing out that if indeed it could be proven that brady was involved in such a thing that he should face at least the same penalty as a PED offender. Just out of principle.

I still expect neither the Pats nor the haters will end up satisfied after the league puts out its conclusions. Just don't trust them to get it right.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong southie, I do hope this is all a bunch of bs and the pats come out of it cleared.

I was only pointing out that if indeed it could be proven that brady was involved in such a thing that he should face at least the same penalty as a PED offender. Just out of principle.

I still expect neither the Pats nor the haters will end up satisfied after the league puts out its conclusions. Just don't trust them to get it right.

Pretty sad but correct. The league has tried really hard to do the right thing here. They are paying good money for this investigation. Then they can hang it on the investigators and say "we did what we could"
I'd like to get paid for a $200,000 investigation that finds nothing.....

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article on ESPN states:

"The NFL's HGH random testing program selects six players each out of eight randomly selected teams per week in the offseason. Random testing for HGH isn't as frequent once training camp begins through the end of postseason."

So according to this, random does mean random when it comes to the teams selected. It does not say if the 6 players from that team are randomly or specifically selected though.

In addition it states that the frequency is less during this time of year, so to test a player of a team in the SB during SB week is apparently not standard procedure.

I briefly checked out the CBA, but I didn't find anything related to the RDT itself, only the punishment for said testing on page 182. See here to check it out: https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows....eral/2011_Final_CBA_Searchable_Bookmarked.pdf

So all I could find was the ESPN report which, according to the wording, states that random does mean random. In which case, the Seahawks getting chosen this week would be statisically unlikely but not impossible.

My wife is of middle-eastern heritage. She gets "randomly" stopped at airports at a far higher percentage than I do, so I get that.

Now from the other side: I did find this statement in a NY Times article:

"Under the drug policy, there is no limit to how often players can be tested for steroids and H.G.H. during the season, and they can be tested up to six times in the off-season" and

"Birch, the N.F.L. executive in charge of the testing program, said that there would be annual H.G.H. testing, meaning that “you know when it’s going to be, but you still have to do it,” and random testing throughout the rest of the season, for which players would be chosen based on a computer draw. There will also be blood testing during combines and during the season based on reasonable cause, but he said he could not yet give the details of that testing because they had not been determined."

"At least half of the drug tests administered during the season — the league said it conducted 14,000 tests on 2,500 players each year — would be blood tests, he said"

So based on this, it is definately "random" as it is based on a computer draw, but there are a high number of tests performed so statisically speaking it is not so out of the relm of possibilities that Thomas would be tested.

First off, I am not so concerned that Thomas will test positive for HGH and get busted, but even if he did, he would appeal it and still play in the SB.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They usually test you when you say something that open their eyes. I remember brees said he got "randomly drug tested" during training camp after saying he can play until he's 45 so yeah it's not all that random

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Piss in the cup and stop bitching.

You signed the contract, you know the rules, it is part of the process of being a highly paid NFL athlete.

I think the bigger question should be why the fuck do you guys feel entitled and that the rules should not apply to you?

It's the same as telling the officer do you know who I am.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only a big deal because earl thomas decided to bitch about it on Twitter.

I find it highly unlikely that he's the only player on either team that got tested this week

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You signed the contract, you know the rules, it is part of the process of being a highly paid NFL athlete.

I think the bigger question should be why the fuck do you guys feel entitled and that the rules should not apply to you?

Thinking like this is what turned this country into the gutless corrupt shit pile it is. People that follow rules blindly make me want to puke as I step on them. We were meant to be free people in this country but we sold our soul for an iphone and soft toilet paper.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For someone who has spent a lot of energy refuting every possible scenario in which the Patriots would be exonerated of any wrong doing. One could be forgiven for coming to the conclusion that your not being totally honest with that last statement.

In fact, it stinks to high heaven.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could not agree more. All this is made crystal clear when these guys sign pro contracts.
Besides....these guys know this random checking from their college days.
College testing...NOW there is the real joke of random drug testing period.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking like this is what turned this country into the gutless corrupt shit pile it is. People that follow rules blindly make me want to puke as I step on them. We were meant to be free people in this country but we sold our soul for an iphone and soft toilet paper.

This doesn't make sense. These pros signed a contract to play in a league that has rules governed in part by a collective bargaining agreement signed by both the owners and the players. The players are FREE to quit rather than submit.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then don't sign the contract or refuse to drop easy solution! You can make whatever statement you want but have the guts to deal with the ramifications don't bitch after you get all the perks!

The only gutless thing is to take the rewards/cash and then try to be on the moral high ground and say it's unfair as you get into your 6 figure car and drive off to your 7 figure home.

Really just refuse to drop!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf: plantation owners?

Yeah where do I sign up for $25 million dollar slave work

:L

Plantation Owners certainly didn't have Billion dollar plantations either. It's just keeping pace, Tyrone.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also interested in being a slave based on this description

No one said anything about being a slave. Just that the owners lay claim to the blood of those they have bought.