• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Leagues "random" drug testing is a joke

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HGH should be approved in every single sport. That shit is amazing. Guys play into their 40s, they reduce their recovery rate from 1 year to 6 months, they're bigger, faster, stronger. Who the hell doesn't want this?

What about the fact that the players using it the way they want to is illegal?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HGH should be approved in every single sport. That shit is amazing. Guys play into their 40s, they reduce their recovery rate from 1 year to 6 months, they're bigger, faster, stronger. Who the hell doesn't want this?

The players.

If you approve HGH, you essentially make it mandatory that everyone takes it because without it you are at a significant disadvantage. You don't have to look any further than baseball to see how just not testing turns PED use into a league wide epidemic to remain competitive. If you make it legal, you make it mandatory.

There aren't a lot of long term studies of HGH but everyone knows there are going to be some really negative side effects. Football is already dangerous enough that you don't need to add something else that endangers the long term health of players.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's no way anybody on here is naive enough to think that 90%+ of NFL players don't use PED nonstop, year in and year out.

the testing system is such a joke that only idiots manage to get themselves caught.

if you get mad at a player from your own team being stupid enough to be caught, then that's understandable.

but the fans who get all huffy with their moral indignation when somebody pops positive always look pretty dumb.

.....on a side question, how many football fans in here could truly say that they'd favor a congressional investigation into PED use in the NFL like there was with MLB?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players.

If you approve HGH, you essentially make it mandatory that everyone takes it...

come on now. most already do, and everybody knows it.

if the NFL or players union wanted it to stop, they'd require real testing, not the joke that is there right now.

and viewers are fine with it. the last thing pretty much any NFL fan wants deep down is a real testing system put in place. answer this honestly: what would happen to the game if 90%+ of players weren't juicing?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem with that, however I'd argue the same thing over deflate gate. Reducing the amount of air in the ball has as much impact on the game as people taking PED's. I want to know that neither team has used something illegal OR tampered with equipment to help get them there.

If you want to suspend players for 4 games on PED busts, then Brady should face the same if it is proven they tampered with balls.

As for timing by the league, I'm not bothered by it. But I'm also not bothered by Thomas bringing light to it either. He has that right.

Becoming clear here that Rob has an agenda though. Working hard to defend the pats on deflate gate and is outraged over the seahawks in this case. Easy to tell who he's rooting for this Sunday. :whistle:

I agree that the Patriots if found guilty should be punished. Honestly I think the league is dragging this investigation out because they know that if they are found guilty before the Super Bowl and the NFL still lets them play then all hell will break loose. Obviously they have found something otherwise they would have told us by now that the investigation found nothing to show the Patriots cheated. There is a reason they are bringing in scientist, statisticians, and so much more.

And you are right he has the right to bring attention to it. This is where I think the league just needs to go in and change the language of the rule. Everybody knows it is not random so why try to continue to make people think it is. Heck I remember the Colts punter getting tested after he laid a guy out on a punt return.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come on now. most already do, and everybody knows it.

if the NFL or players union wanted it to stop, they'd require real testing, not the joke that is there right now.

and viewers are fine with it. the last thing pretty much any NFL fan wants deep down is a real testing system put in place. answer this honestly: what would happen to the game if 90%+ of players weren't juicing?

It would be far less interesting. Just like baseball is far less interesting today than it was 15 years ago.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's no way anybody on here is naive enough to think that 90%+ of NFL players don't use PED nonstop, year in and year out.

the testing system is such a joke that only idiots manage to get themselves caught.

if you get mad at a player from your own team being stupid enough to be caught, then that's understandable.

but the fans who get all huffy with their moral indignation when somebody pops positive always look pretty dumb.

.....on a side question, how many football fans in here could truly say that they'd favor a congressional investigation into PED use in the NFL like there was with MLB?

To me that whole process was just a joke. Why in the world does the government feel they need to step in on such a thing as steroids in the sport? That is just a huge waste of our resources in my opinion as a country. I mean we have Vets living on the streets suffering from mental illnesses, a school system that just pretty much sucks, health insurance crises, a national debt that looks like eventually will destroy the country but yeah lets use millions of dollars to investigate if steroids are being used in an entertainment business.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be far less interesting. Just like baseball is far less interesting today than it was 15 years ago.

yep

i think it would be magnified with the NFL. recovery time from injuries would probably double or more, and there's no way they'd be able to recover from even regular game play with only 6 days of rest between games, and play with the crazy intensity we currently get to see every week.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Enter the blind side block rule, the don't hit a defenseless receiver rule... and various other "don't hit em too hard" rules. When they finally decide to just put flags on them, you might rethink your position.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you sign up for the NFL your blood now belongs to the high and mighty plantation owners.

When you drive your car your blood now belongs to the high and mighty state.

At least it's equal. Everybody loses.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense to test injuried players who really really want to get healthy. Did Sherman get tested also? You would think he would be . Some how I feel like the Seahawks players learned their lesson. Want to test them? Bring it!

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random is just an easy word to get away with profiling.

In my four years in the service I was popped for "random" drug screens every single time I returned from vacation that was longer than a week.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you sign up for the NFL your blood now belongs to the high and mighty plantation owners.

When you drive your car your blood now belongs to the high and mighty state.

At least it's equal. Everybody loses.

:wtf: plantation owners?

Yeah where do I sign up for $25 million dollar slave work

:L

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume this random testing includes the pats as well ?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume this random testing includes the pats as well ?

Most likely but we'll never know because I don't expect any Pats player to vent on twitter about their "random drug" test.

I think it is safe to assume Thomas is not the only player that they tested this week.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's questioning the rules. He's questioning whether its really random or not.

If the Seahawk players aren't all roided up there is no problem with taking 5 minutes out of their day to piss in a cup.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random is just an easy word to get away with profiling.

In my four years in the service I was popped for "random" drug screens every single time I returned from vacation that was longer than a week.

In my 4 years in the USAF I never had to submit to a "random" piss test even though I got an Article 15 for smoking weed while in tech school (about 6 weeks in).

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem with that, however I'd argue the same thing over deflate gate. Reducing the amount of air in the ball has as much impact on the game as people taking PED's. I want to know that neither team has used something illegal OR tampered with equipment to help get them there.

If you want to suspend players for 4 games on PED busts, then Brady should face the same if it is proven they tampered with balls.

As for timing by the league, I'm not bothered by it. But I'm also not bothered by Thomas bringing light to it either. He has that right.

Becoming clear here that Rob has an agenda though. Working hard to defend the pats on deflate gate and is outraged over the seahawks in this case. Easy to tell who he's rooting for this Sunday. :whistle:

So, who are you rooting for?????