• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Leagues "random" drug testing is a joke

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this tweet from Earl Thomas. Great timing by the leagues "random" drug testing, just happened to pick ET's name out of the hat after he's recovered from a pretty rough injury........

Now dont take this wrong, if he's taking hgh he should get in trouble. But don't blow smoke up all our asses telling us its random.

Yesterday I said my shoulder was a 10 ... Wake up the next morning and I have a blood test for HGH .. League office distraction

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's like any other business, the testing in a combination of random testing and targeted testing if there is suspicion.

I have no problem with this. In fact, I prefer it.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about ET.

I'm surprised the NFL would still be doing these tests so late in the season though. I wonder if players on teams that are eliminated still get called in for tests too? Interesting.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should want your players abiding by the rules. Just like you want the Pats to be. Don't be a hypocrite.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should want your players abiding by the rules. Just like you want the Pats to be. Don't be a hypocrite.

I don't think he's questioning the rules. He's questioning whether its really random or not.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, did Thomas actually call his test a "league distraction."? Am I reading that right?

Has there ever been a more paranoid team than this years Hawks??

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's questioning the rules. He's questioning whether its really random or not.

Ok makes sense. Was testing the Pats footballs at halftime random? Hawks have a history of using banned substances, maybe it wasn't random.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, did Thomas actually call his test a "league distraction."? Am I reading that right?

Has there ever been a more paranoid team than this years Hawks??

You don't think dragging yourself out of your hotel room during SB week to go down to some facility and have a guy watch you piss would be a little distracting?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HGH should be approved in every single sport. That shit is amazing. Guys play into their 40s, they reduce their recovery rate from 1 year to 6 months, they're bigger, faster, stronger. Who the hell doesn't want this?

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HGH should be approved in every single sport. That shit is amazing. Guys play into their 40s, they reduce their recovery rate from 1 year to 6 months, they're bigger, faster, stronger. Who the hell doesn't want this?

I could use some. Too bad it costs like $800/month.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why is there an assumption that it's random all the time though?

Just because every player is subject to random drug testing, does not mean that all drug testing is random.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think dragging yourself out of your hotel room during SB week to go down to some facility and have a guy watch you piss would be a little distracting?

Pretty sure it was a blood test. I guess you could view it as a distraction but you would think by this point in their careers players should be used to these kind of things. I agree it is probably not random and honestly it shouldn't be. I think if there is any kind of suspicion of drugs being used by a player they should test. And Super Bowl week makes the most sense as these are the two best teams in the league at this moment and you want to know that neither team has used something illegal to help get them there. I mean us as fans want things to be on an equal playing field for all teams. Obviously this is not a perfect world but it is what you strive for so testing even during Super Bowl week makes sense to me.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya maybe it wasn't random. That was the point.

No, I think his point was summed up by "....don't blow smoke up all our asses telling us its random."

Wazzu is assuming that all testing is random....I don't know why he's making that assumption.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No I don't. Why would it be?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya maybe it wasn't random. That was the point.

Probably isn't. The NFL has been caught lying so many times it's more surprising when it appears they might actually be telling the truth.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised the NFL would still be doing these tests so late in the season though. I wonder if players on teams that are eliminated still get called in for tests too? Interesting.

By my understanding, there is lull right after the end of the season but they do test year round especially if you have tested positive before. Prater and Welker were popped in the summer last year. Von Miller was another spring/summer hit.

NFL official shows up at your door and asks for a test. You have window of time to comply. They are more random in the sense of not knowing when but every player will take a test or two (or several) during their career.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I think his point was summed up by "....don't blow smoke up all our asses telling us its random."

Wazzu is assuming that all testing is random....I don't know why he's making that assumption.

RDT's are rarely done by random selection. That's something that everyone should understand. It's that whole "random" word in the title that throws everyone.

Remove that word from RDT and boom... Problem solved

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure it was a blood test. I guess you could view it as a distraction but you would think by this point in their careers players should be used to these kind of things. I agree it is probably not random and honestly it shouldn't be. I think if there is any kind of suspicion of drugs being used by a player they should test. And Super Bowl week makes the most sense as these are the two best teams in the league at this moment and you want to know that neither team has used something illegal to help get them there. I mean us as fans want things to be on an equal playing field for all teams. Obviously this is not a perfect world but it is what you strive for so testing even during Super Bowl week makes sense to me.

No problem with that, however I'd argue the same thing over deflate gate. Reducing the amount of air in the ball has as much impact on the game as people taking PED's. I want to know that neither team has used something illegal OR tampered with equipment to help get them there.

If you want to suspend players for 4 games on PED busts, then Brady should face the same if it is proven they tampered with balls.

As for timing by the league, I'm not bothered by it. But I'm also not bothered by Thomas bringing light to it either. He has that right.

Becoming clear here that Rob has an agenda though. Working hard to defend the pats on deflate gate and is outraged over the seahawks in this case. Easy to tell who he's rooting for this Sunday. :whistle:

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mehh maybe i was naive to take a RDT at its face as random, thats my bad.