• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LBJ Will Forgo Money for Rings

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I suggested Jordan. It's better than nothing , and if Lbj wants to help out both teams, and get next to Paul and Blake, it's a better outcome for Miami than getting nothing

Once again, if they send back players there is not reason for LBJ to go there.

and once again, never mind, you guys are really dense.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The leverage is dependent on the other team involved. Lebron doesn't have the leverage with regards to the Clippers. He can't just sign there because they don't have the cap space. No decent GM is trading Lebron without getting something of real significance back. That's my point. Riley isn't trading Lebron to the Clippers unless Jordan, Blake, or CP3 are part of that trade.

How many players did CLE get for LBJ? How many did TOR get for Bosh? LAC have a 1st in both '14 ad '15.

This source is basically saying that LBJ will sign anywhere he feels like if he leaves which would mean if it means signing for the league min he would do it, that is why he has the leverage.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Botslayer i respectfully disagree. If Pats option is to let him walk, or instead, agree with Clippers so they can fit him under the cap, giving up a piece that is talent but not fitting the dream of Blake/LBJ/Paul, then why would not Riley acquire Jordan and some picks? Its better than letting him just walk away. I am confident when I say they will attract aging vets to then take the minimum to be around CP3/LBJ and Blake........and Doc.

Clippers give up Jordan's contract and 3/4 picks for LBJ? yikes

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many players did CLE get for LBJ? How many did TOR get for Bosh? LAC have a 1st in both '14 ad '15.

This source is basically saying that LBJ will sign anywhere he feels like if he leaves which would mean if it means signing for the league min he would do it, that is why he has the leverage.

Lebron to Miami was a different situation than Lebron to the Clippers. Remember now that Miami had the cap space to sign Lebron, the Clippers don't. Don't be so delusional to think that Lebron would take a minimum contract and Riley isn't trading Lebron for Dudley, Barnes, and a draft pick or two. He'll want to get a player of significance back.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I suggested Jordan. It's better than nothing , and if Lbj wants to help out both teams, and get next to Paul and Blake, it's a better outcome for Miami than getting nothing

Which was the point I was making. No way Riley trades Lebron without getting a player of significance back as one dense poster here believes.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to clarify, its a sign and trade, not a trade. In those cases, usually the team scorned is seeking any compensation from the damage. That was in fact what Cleveland did.

Its clear Riley would never just trade LBJ. So as a sign and trade Riley will just try to get the most for a guy walking out the door already.

GM's are paid to gain assets, not lose them