• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LBJ Will Forgo Money for Rings

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These people are pathetic. But other guys are accused of r*pe and are adored, yet a guy made one bad "decision" and he is hated or maybe it's bc he is the best. :laugh3: Makes so much sense.

lol, you guys act like this is the ONLY thing he did wrong. the guy's arrogance is flat-out sickening. and you wonder why i'd hate the day he ever donned Lakers colors(IF that ever happened, and i'm hoping it DOESN'T)...

let the Heat keep the self-serving s.o.b. we don't need him. or wherever he lands THEY can deal with it...

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rule, Kold,

yeah, I guess I did not explain myself. Riley will take the sign and trade deal in a second over just watching LBJ go. Looks like some other posters understood my point.

Lebron has the leverage......but in some ways Riley has some too, and he would prefer to get back picks and lets say Deandre Jordan vs watch LBJ walk away. There are not many GM's that just let a free agent of that caliber get away w/o assets.

Shoveyjoe

El Flaco
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, you guys act like this is the ONLY thing he did wrong. the guy's arrogance is flat-out sickening. and you wonder why i'd hate the day he ever donned Lakers colors(IF that ever happened, and i'm hoping it DOESN'T)...

let the Heat keep the self-serving s.o.b. we don't need him. or wherever he lands THEY can deal with it...

Yea because Kobe is the model of humility. Lol

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon guys, get some perspective here. LBJ is self centered, but on the good vs bad scale of what other nba stars have in their closet he might actually be on the good side.

Logic and perspective. Quit the name calling. Talk strategy

Shoveyjoe

El Flaco
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon guys, get some perspective here. LBJ is self centered, but on the good vs bad scale of what other nba stars have in their closet he might actually be on the good side.

Logic and perspective. Quit the name calling. Talk strategy

Logic and perspective are not welcome here.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rule, Kold,

yeah, I guess I did not explain myself. Riley will take the sign and trade deal in a second over just watching LBJ go. Looks like some other posters understood my point.

Lebron has the leverage......but in some ways Riley has some too, and he would prefer to get back picks and lets say Deandre Jordan vs watch LBJ walk away. There are not many GM's that just let a free agent of that caliber get away w/o assets.

And you completely misunderstand mine. I agree that Riley would likely rather sign and trade Lebron for Jordan/picks than lose him for nothing. However, Bot seems to think that Riley would actually trade Lebron to the Clippers for nothing. His scenario has Lebron running with a "young solid center, explosive PF and sick PG". That's crazy talk. What else do the Clippers have that Riley would trade for?

In addition, this would be a different scenario than what happened with Miami. Miami had the cap room to sign Lebron straight up. There was no need to sign and trade. The Clippers aren't in that same position. The only way the Clippers can get Lebron is through a sign and trade unless he signed a very cheap contract.

This get backs to Riley not going to trade Lebron for nothing. Riley would have the leverage when dealing with the Clippers. Lebron can't say to Riley "trade me to the Clippers or I'll opt out and sign straight up with them." The Clippers don't have the cap space to be able to afford him unless he took a major pay cut.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you completely misunderstand mine. I agree that Riley would likely rather sign and trade Lebron for Jordan/picks than lose him for nothing. However, Bot seems to think that Riley would actually trade Lebron to the Clippers for nothing. His scenario has Lebron running with a "young solid center, explosive PF and sick PG". That's crazy talk. What else do the Clippers have that Riley would trade for?

In addition, this would be a different scenario than what happened with Miami. Miami had the cap room to sign Lebron straight up. There was no need to sign and trade. The Clippers aren't in that same position. The only way the Clippers can get Lebron is through a sign and trade unless he signed a very cheap contract.

This get backs to Riley not going to trade Lebron for nothing. Riley would have the leverage when dealing with the Clippers. Lebron can't say to Riley "trade me to the Clippers or I'll opt out and sign straight up with them." The Clippers don't have the cap space to be able to afford him unless he took a major pay cut.

By definition, you cannot sign and trade for "nothing", so obviously the scenario presented here is not signing and trading for nothing.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By definition, you cannot sign and trade for "nothing", so obviously the scenario presented here is not signing and trading for nothing.

By nothing I mean shitty players. Not hard to figure that out. You really think Riley would trade Lebron to the Clippers for Jared Dudley and Matt Barnes?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is fun to speculate on trades and such, but do it with some level of rationality.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find it hard to believe that everything that Riley's done, LeBron would straight up opt out and leave Miami high and dry. I just don't see it happening.

His legit reasons for leaving Cleveland far outnumber the ones he could give if he left Miami.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is fun to speculate on trades and such, but do it with some level of rationality.

But the level of rationality is inversely proportional to the level of fun :-)

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find it hard to believe that everything that Riley's done, LeBron would straight up opt out and leave Miami high and dry. I just don't see it happening.

I agree. I also find it hard to believe that Riley would trade Lebron to another team without getting something back of real significance.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Riley will do what is necessary . If Lebron wants to move on, Riley will want something out of it. No decent GM (including Danny) should let a star move on and end up with nothing.

There are many options ahead. Each entity has some leverage. Not new news

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Riley will do what is necessary . If Lebron wants to move on, Riley will want something out of it. No decent GM (including Danny) should let a star move on and end up with nothing.

There are many options ahead. Each entity has some leverage. Not new news

The leverage is dependent on the other team involved. Lebron doesn't have the leverage with regards to the Clippers. He can't just sign there because they don't have the cap space. No decent GM is trading Lebron without getting something of real significance back. That's my point. Riley isn't trading Lebron to the Clippers unless Jordan, Blake, or CP3 are part of that trade.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I suggested Jordan. It's better than nothing , and if Lbj wants to help out both teams, and get next to Paul and Blake, it's a better outcome for Miami than getting nothing