• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LBJ Will Forgo Money for Rings

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shovey Joe, LBJ behavior was not very good in how he left Cleveland. That is still in many people's minds.

JDM, I do believe LBJ is maturing. He is nearly 30, has the pressure of rings off him, and can now think about his legacy at a different level.

Maybe you could like a 30-35 year old guy vs a 25-30 year old brat. You cannot deny he has done good things for charity and he took a paycut to build a team.

How many other stars have done that?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shovey Joe, LBJ behavior was not very good in how he left Cleveland. That is still in many people's minds.

Clearly only yours and other butt hurt fans. :rollseyes:

Shoveyjoe

El Flaco
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I would not be willing to accept a huge overrated douche on my team?

No because the guy is a great player and teammate. You put personal feelings over winning. If he is a douche then pretty much EVERY super star is one ( except Magic, Durant, Duncan, etc)

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything about Lebron screams "piece of shit". Nothing about KG or Rondo does.

And yes, I would refuse to root for the celtics for as long as Lebron was on their roster. The celtics are better than that.

what?

KG and Rondo have both widely been considered some of the dirtiest players in the league - even in player polls.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami isn't going to sign and trade Lebron unless they get something significant back. Crazy to think Miami would trade Lebron to the Clippers without getting Blake back. Seriously, what else would Miami take? Any team Miami trades with is going to have to lose significant talent to get Lebron. I'm not sure how good Lebron and CP3 would fit together anyway. Both love to pound away on the ball most possessions.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I would not be a celtics fan as long as lebron was on their roster. I want no part of his bullshit.

Bullshit. He is a saint off the court and really on the court, also the best player in the league. C's don't deserve him that attitude.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami isn't going to sign and trade Lebron unless they get something significant back. Crazy to think Miami would trade Lebron to the Clippers without getting Blake back. Seriously, what else would Miami take? Any team Miami trades with is going to have to lose significant talent to get Lebron. I'm not sure how good Lebron and CP3 would fit together anyway. Both love to pound away on the ball most possessions.

1st, read the article in the 1st post, due to a multi thread snafu that was merged 2 different links to pretty much the same article, pick whichever you want.

The general principle is that it is a sign and trade, meaning if they don't they get nothing vs something. Even CLE did a sign and trade and IIRC received draft picks...which have been proven to be useless if LBJ is on your team anyways. I do not see the Heat holding a grudge enough to get 0 compensation...do you?

LBJ and CP3 might not work together like Wade and LBJ didn't..at first there would be an overlap but they would work together after some work. Imagine LBJ running plays with Griffin and CP3, it is endless amazement in my head. It is unlikely he goes there but the LAC are just an example that any team is possible.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. He is a saint off the court and really on the court, also the best player in the league. C's don't deserve him that attitude.

Allegedly, just because we have not seen him smoking out of a hookah, posing in pictures looking fucked up, knocking up strippers while in a relationship with a high profile coaches daughter, accused of r*pe, a degenerate gambler who hangs out with drug dealers or getting into bitchy tifs with his teammates through the media does NOT mean that his cookie cutter family video's and sporadic commercials (while inferior players' commercials run constantly) and huge donations to his local community all while taking less money in order to win championships clear him of being the world's biggest douche.

Just remember that he held a public announcement to raise money for charity*, oh and he had a pep rally stating aspirations to win multiple rings. WHAT A DOUCHE!!!!

NEVER FORGET!!!! NEVER FORGIVE!!!!! BECAUSE WE ARE ALL PERFECT AND NEVER HAVE MADE A MISTAKE OR EVEN HAD BAD RESULTS FROM A WELL INTENTIONED ACTION!!!!!!

*on a network that led mob mentality against him

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st, read the article in the 1st post, due to a multi thread snafu that was merged 2 different links to pretty much the same article, pick whichever you want.

The general principle is that it is a sign and trade, meaning if they don't they get nothing vs something. Even CLE did a sign and trade and IIRC received draft picks...which have been proven to be useless if LBJ is on your team anyways. I do not see the Heat holding a grudge enough to get 0 compensation...do you?

LBJ and CP3 might not work together like Wade and LBJ didn't..at first there would be an overlap but they would work together after some work. Imagine LBJ running plays with Griffin and CP3, it is endless amazement in my head. It is unlikely he goes there but the LAC are just an example that any team is possible.

I did read the article....

Unlike the Los Angeles Lakers and the Cavs -- two teams that have been mentioned as suitors for James this summer -- the Clippers will not have open cap space. They will not have the cap space to sign James as a maximum-level free agent. It would require a sign-and-trade if James ever got serious about the option. In short, it would take the Heat's cooperation.

You are delusional if you think Riley would trade Lebron for scrubs/draft picks. I don't think the Clippers are in a position of strength in this situation. Lebron can't simply sign with the Clippers. They don't have the cap space. The only way for Lebron to get there is through a sign and trade. Miami had the cap room to sign Lebron straight up. That's a big difference.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rule, LBJ will force Riley's hand if he really wants to go....it will be LBJ's choice.

Clippers could move Deandre Jordan and a piece, and picks, and make this work.

Its just a matter of where LBJ wants to go, and with who he wants to play with to get another ring

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rule, LBJ will force Riley's hand if he really wants to go....it will be LBJ's choice.

Clippers could move Deandre Jordan and a piece, and picks, and make this work.

Its just a matter of where LBJ wants to go, and with who he wants to play with to get another ring

It's not Lebron's choice because the Clippers don't have the cap room to sign him straight up. Riley isn't going to take shit back which is what Bot thinks. If you read what Bot was saying, Lebron gets traded to the Clippers to play with a "young solid center, explosive PF and sick PG". Sorry, if Riley is going to trade Lebron to the Clippers, he's getting something legitimate back. The Clippers can't sign Lebron straight up like Miami could. Big difference. It's a little more complicated than you guys seem to think.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are nuts if you think Riley is trading Lebron.
1.) Lebron has to agree to go to a team that's about lose a key piece
2.) They're not trading Lebron unless somebody like Durant is coming back in the trade, not some high draft picks.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are nuts if you think Riley is trading Lebron.
1.) Lebron has to agree to go to a team that's about lose a key piece
2.) They're not trading Lebron unless somebody like Durant is coming back in the trade, not some high draft picks.

The discussion here is talking about a sign-and-trade at the end of the season. If LeBron says he's gonna leave, the Heat could potentially be willing to trade for a pick or something if the alternative is getting nothing.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The discussion here is talking about a sign-and-trade at the end of the season. If LeBron says he's gonna leave, the Heat could potentially be willing to trade for a pick or something if the alternative is getting nothing.
It's all about leverage, and the only options at THIS moment are the Lakers and the Cavs. Those are the only teams in which Lebron can say he's bolting to. If I'm Riley, I call his bluff

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are really dense if.you Riley wouldnt cooperate. Even Gilbert and toronto sign and traded.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are really dense if.you Riley wouldnt cooperate. Even Gilbert and toronto sign and traded.

Big difference though. Miami had the cap space to sign Lebron straight up. The Clippers don't. They can't lose Lebron to the Clippers for nothing unless Lebron is willing to sign with the Clippers for virtually nothing.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allegedly, just because we have not seen him smoking out of a hookah, posing in pictures looking fucked up, knocking up strippers while in a relationship with a high profile coaches daughter, accused of r*pe, a degenerate gambler who hangs out with drug dealers or getting into bitchy tifs with his teammates through the media does NOT mean that his cookie cutter family video's and sporadic commercials (while inferior players' commercials run constantly) and huge donations to his local community all while taking less money in order to win championships clear him of being the world's biggest douche.

Just remember that he held a public announcement to raise money for charity*, oh and he had a pep rally stating aspirations to win multiple rings. WHAT A DOUCHE!!!!

NEVER FORGET!!!! NEVER FORGIVE!!!!! BECAUSE WE ARE ALL PERFECT AND NEVER HAVE MADE A MISTAKE OR EVEN HAD BAD RESULTS FROM A WELL INTENTIONED ACTION!!!!!!

*on a network that led mob mentality against him

These people are pathetic. But other guys are accused of r*pe and are adored, yet a guy made one bad "decision" and he is hated or maybe it's bc he is the best. :laugh3: Makes so much sense.