• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LBJ Will be the GOAT

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

CL says so loyal to the Lakers that he wanted Golden State to beat Miami late last regular season when LA was in a heated battle with Golden State for the last playoff spot.

And we're suppose to take him serious about loyalty?

Hahahahahahahahaha...

THIS from the nut hugging Knicks fan. HILARIOUS. DO keep trying, Door prize...

I don't like the heat for their arrogant shenanigans. And I knew it wasn't like the Lakers were gonna win a 'ship. Lol did I REALLY need to explain that? Someone took an extra dose of idiot pills this morning...

It's a shame the Heat didn't lose in the finals. It would've been fun watching all you nut sack licking bandwagoners jump off it head first...

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What that did was even up the playing field, nobody was allowed to touch MJ since 1990. Pretty common knowledge that MJ got preferential treatment that nobody else in the history of the game got.

The rules that gave MJ a huge edge over the Pistons was flagrants were added in 1990...the same year MJ finally made it by the Pistons.

Just be sure to have someone teach LBJ some acting skills so he isn't so obviously flopping and he might have a chance at kissing the grit off of MJ's bowling shoes.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see pretty good. Dont be butt hurt because your life sucks son. You lie about where you are from. You worship one team that doesnt know you exist but you are loyal to them? whats wrong with you? I bet you think the owner of your team would pay for your funeral if you got hit by a truck tomorrow dont you? :laugh3:

You need to lay off the meth little guy. And man, if you cannot be loyal to your team, who can you be loyal too? And that speaks volumes about you as a man. And you are not much of one. More like a little **** that gets her jimmies rustled very easily. Why don't you go wipe the sand out of your vagina, apply a little vagisil and then come back when you are man enough to pick a team and stick by them.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also let's not forget the rule changes to help MJ win titles and the unwritten rule that looking at MJ was a foul.

LBJ tried to use the system to his advantage (flopping) and they made it illegal...not so that LBJ was the only one who could get away with it.

Actually, the NBA's "changing rules for MJ" didn't have near as much to do with MJ as they did what the NBA was becoming.

In the 80's teams were becoming more and more physical (particularly in the Eastern Conference). Western Conference teams began responding. You saw the Bruise Brothers in San Antonio, Utah was very physical back then as were the Mavs. Heck, even the Lakers brought in Maurice Lucas.

We had the clotheslining of Rambis, the Lakers "No rebound, no rings" response the following season. Then along came Detroit's "Bad Boys" and close friends Magic and Isaiah nearly coming to blows when Magic knocked Isaiah to the floor on a drive to the hoop.

The mantra back then was that if a guy went in to the lane, he got put on his ass. Things started getting out of hand when teams started instituting the "Jordan rules" in which the physicality was taken to some fairly absurd levels, particularly in series involving any combination of the Bulls, Pistons, Knicks or Heat.

The NBA started changing rules because the other option was give them pads and merge with the NFL. Not to make things easier for MJ. Even with the rules changes, it was still a much more physical league than it is now. Some of those Eastern Conference playoff series were bloodbaths.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rules changes did what they were supposed to do -- open up the game. Scoring average has increased from an average 95.6 points per game in the 1997-98 season to this year's 100 per game. Overall field goal percentage has increased from 45.0 percent in '97-'98 to 45.9 percent this season. Three-point percentage has gone up, from .346 11 years ago to .367 this season. And fouls have gone down, from a league average of 1,837 fouls in 1997 to 1,726 this season. The statistical-based Basketball Prospectus wrote at the beginning of this season that the game's pace -- defined as possessions per game -- had increased from its nadir during the lockout season of 1999 (around 88 possessions per game) to around 91 per game in the 2007-08 season.

FG% goes up 1.6% over 14 years and you consider this significant?

Please look at the stats a little closer. The 98-99 season was an anomaly as far as FG% is concerned. Almost every year before that year the league average shooting % was higher. The same goes for your 3b%. Nice try.

What that should tell you is that when MJ played nobody played Defense even with hand checking.

NBA League Averages | Basketball-Reference.com

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree::agree::10:

Amazing how the NBA is these days...

Note how even the most avid Heat fans won't argue with me about LBJ's flopping skills. They need a lot of work. Less working of the mouth, more working on acting skills.

GOAT? Yeah, he's a goat alright, tobad he can't even produce any milk, though. :lol:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the NBA's "changing rules for MJ" didn't have near as much to do with MJ as they did what the NBA was becoming.

In the 80's teams were becoming more and more physical (particularly in the Eastern Conference). Western Conference teams began responding. You saw the Bruise Brothers in San Antonio, Utah was very physical back then as were the Mavs. Heck, even the Lakers brought in Maurice Lucas.

We had the clotheslining of Rambis, the Lakers "No rebound, no rings" response the following season. Then along came Detroit's "Bad Boys" and close friends Magic and Isaiah nearly coming to blows when Magic knocked Isaiah to the floor on a drive to the hoop.

The mantra back then was that if a guy went in to the lane, he got put on his ass. Things started getting out of hand when teams started instituting the "Jordan rules" in which the physicality was taken to some fairly absurd levels, particularly in series involving any combination of the Bulls, Pistons, Knicks or Heat.

The NBA started changing rules because the other option was give them pads and merge with the NFL. Not to make things easier for MJ. Even with the rules changes, it was still a much more physical league than it is now. Some of those Eastern Conference playoff series were bloodbaths.

I agree with this, but nobody benefited more than MJ just from the added flagrants. Then of course the nobody can look at MJ rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What that did was even up the playing field, nobody was allowed to touch MJ since 1990. Pretty common knowledge that MJ got preferential treatment that nobody else in the history of the game got.

The rules that gave MJ a huge edge over the Pistons was flagrants were added in 1990...the same year MJ finally made it by the Pistons.

Since 1990, the NBA has instituted a series of rules changes to increase the offensive player's flow and make physical play costly. First came increased penalties for flagrant fouls (1990) and fighting (1993), the implementation of the "five points" rule that called for automatic suspensions of players who amassed a certain number of flagrants (1993). Hand checking was eliminated in 1994. Using the forearm to defend players facing the basket went away in 1997.

So what you are saying is that MJ just needed that one rule change to get over? OK. Lebron wasn't able to get over with all of that and more. leflop is 2 for 4. :sadbron:

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
higher rebounding and assists per game and higher Defensive rating (with out the ability to hand check). the first are pretty common knowledge and the last has all been discussed in the first posts I doubt you had the balls to read.

You see when you just ask for prior statements, stats, and facts to be repeated it is quite clear you have lost the debate.

*Hand checking would have been such a huge advantage for LBJ both on offense and defense. On Offense it would not have affected him nearly as much because of his size, on defense it is quite clear his strength would be quite an advantage while hand checking.

Don't see any numbers. LINK? Something for credibility.

And no opinions. Just facts and stats...

Oh and go take a look at who has more APG in Finals appearances. But I doubt you have the balls...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note how even the most avid Heat fans won't argue with me about LBJ's flopping skills. They need a lot of work. Less working of the mouth, more working on acting skills.

GOAT? Yeah, he's a goat alright, tobad he can't even produce any milk, though. :lol:

Here's what I take from all this. LeClown fans HATE it when other fans don't see things the same way THEY do. Like we're supposed to be as ate up by this arrogant barf bag like they are...

I think it's rather funny...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this, but nobody benefited more than MJ just from the added flagrants. Then of course the nobody can look at MJ rules.

MJ benefitted the most because he was the best player in the league. Just like Lebron benefits now because he is the best player in the league.

Just a few years ago, Kobe benefitted the most because he was the best player in the league. Heck, even today he probably benefits the most of any player not named Lebron.

There were no "you can't look at MJ rules". When Magic made his comment, it was more about 80's vs. 90's than preferential treatment for MJ. Yes, MJ got the benefit of "star treatment". Just like every star player.

As for the flagrant's, those were added for the same reason that the rules were changed. The game was becoming far too physical.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FG% goes up 1.6% over 14 years and you consider this significant?

Please look at the stats a little closer. The 98-99 season was an anomaly as far as FG% is concerned. Almost every year before that year the league average shooting % was higher. The same goes for your 3b%. Nice try.

What that should tell you is that when MJ played nobody played Defense even with hand checking.

NBA League Averages | Basketball-Reference.com

The thing you are failing to realize is, leflop benefits from all of the rules played with and further adjustments to encourage offense. Do you really not get that?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to lay off the meth little guy. And man, if you cannot be loyal to your team, who can you be loyal too? And that speaks volumes about you as a man. And you are not much of one. More like a little **** that gets her jimmies rustled very easily. Why don't you go wipe the sand out of your vagina, apply a little vagisil and then come back when you are man enough to pick a team and stick by them.

No meth. Never done drugs. You got butt hurt and started calling names but now you cant handle it huh? :laugh3:
Only a fool like you would equate loyalty to a team to anything else that matters. Dont you know life is more than a team that wont pay you or take care of you in time of need? Who taught you give all your money and allegiance to a pro sports owner? Youre a little dick whipped girl getting pimped by your team. Damn you are too stupid for words. :laugh3:

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No meth. Never done drugs. You got butt hurt and started calling names but now you cant handle it huh? :laugh3:
Only a fool like you would equate loyalty to a team to anything else that matters. Dont you know life is more than a team that wont pay you or take care of you in time of need? Who taught you give all your money and allegiance to a pro sports owner? Youre a little dick whipped girl getting pimped by your team. Damn you are too stupid for words. :laugh3:

Loyalty is loyalty and either you are or you are not. It is part of a man's character and you are not much of a man. And you sure make a bunch of assumptions there little guy. But "all of my money to a team"? You must be poor if you think it is a lot of money. And pro sports owner? Have you seen my avi or are you just the dumbest fuck on the planet? Never mind. I know that answer. Now go take care of your sandy vagina. You are whining like a fat girl on your period and frankly you are embarrassing yourself. Two "favorite" teams... You are such a fucking pussy...

You know, never mind. I don't want to get me banned, because that is the bitch kind of move a **** like you would pull, so forget I said anything.

Peace...

Last edited by a moderator:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loyalty is loyalty and either you are or you are not. It is part of a man's character and you are not much of a man. And you sure make a bunch of assumptions there little guy. But "all of my money to a team"? You must be poor if you think it is a lot of money. And pro sports owner? Have you seen my avi or are you just the dumbest fuck on the planet? Never mind. I know that answer. Now go take care of your sandy vagina. You are whining like a fat girl on your period and frankly you are embarrassing yourself. Two "favorite" teams... You are such a fucking pussy...

You know, never mind. I don't want to get me banned, because that is the bitch kind of move a **** like you would pull, so forget I said anything.

Peace...

Sorry son. Some loyalty is pointless and misplaced. The time and energy you put in being loyal is taking away from something more important. You cant get around that. Nothing is black and white. If you had a grain of sense in your head you would understand that. You cant compare being loyal to a team with being loyal to your God, family, and finance. I know you are emotional because your whussy hurts but you should really change your attitude. I honestly dont care if you get banned or not. Thats one thing you wont have to worry about with me. Only pussies try to get people banned for words. You dont effect me at all. You are on the internet stupid.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Botslayer trolling the board with all of this drivel and shit?

Doesn't he have anything better to do in his basement?

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the goat of what? joining all star team? ill say hes set a precedent...that's why all the Carmelo, and whoever else rumors of joining lakers in offseason....its only thing to really beat the heat is for your own all star team.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think Karl Malone, Robinson and Stocton were considerably better than what Lebron could ever dream of being. Then I again, I think Bill Russell, Larry Bird, Isaiah Thomas, Kareem Abdul Jaabar, Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan were also considerably better then what Lebron would ever be.