• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LBJ is better than kobe

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, that 29 win Suns team was missing more than Steve Nash!! They fired Head Coach Frank Johnson 21 games into the season and replaced him with D'Antoni who was an assistant at the time. Amare Stoudemeir missed 30 games due to injury, Penny Hardaway and Tom Gugliotta missed 50 games each due to injury and starting point guard Stephon Marbury was traded to the Knicks halfway through the season leaving rookie Leandro Barbosa to play point.

As important as Nash was, it's not like he was solely responsible for the turnaround!!

Penny was also traded to the Knicks....not injured. Gugliotta played 30 games and barely avg. 10mins per game. He wasn't a factor.

If no moves were made then there's only speculation what their record would have been with Penny playing 76 games that year and Marbury's 81 games. (the combined amount between the 2 teams)

Last edited by a moderator:

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta disagree only because it shows dominance if you win it as many times as he has. MJ won a bunch and that is frequently used as proof of how dominant he was. That should not be the only thing considered but it is much more than a popularity contest when you can win it multiple times. If MVPs were truly lame no one would list them as accomplishments for any player.

Montsho, I dont view you as a hater like most but can you honestly say that, Nash was more dominant than kobe? If kobe was not accused of raping a girl, adultery, and being an a** hole, he wins the MVP award hands down. Your reason supports my claim. Nash couldnt dominant on defense if he was playing high school ballers. A one dimensional player does not scream out dominance. Thats why I hold the opinion its a popularity contest. If any of you really think Nash is dominant and deserved the award over Kobe, then I dont think any of you really know what dominance is.

All his peers thought he should of won and they called him the best in the game at that time.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference that anyone can be accused of r*pe. All that is required is sex with the wrong woman. I'm sure Kobe didn't have sex with that woman expecting that he would be accused of r*pe and that it would cause a distraction for his team. Lebron, on the other hand, was the one who ultimately decided to go along with "The Decision" and to say "Not 1, not 2, not 3....." and he also decided on his own to make fun of Dirk being sick, which also caused distractions for his team!! Lebron chose his behavior, Kobe did not choose be accused of r*pe.

The point of my post was that Lebron doesn't have the "high basketball i.q. off the court" that he was being credited with in the post I was responding too!! You can LMAO about people getting worked up over that stuff all that you want, but it doesn't change the fact that they do and that it affects his overall popularity.

If his off the court basketball i.q. was really that high, then those things don't happen and he doesn't get criticized for them!!

This is al very true by tbh I was not even talking another PR moves when I said off court IQ. I meant the knowledge of Hmong which no waykobe understands.

And Kobe def. Chose his behavior.

And in the end allt hat PR crap people get worked up about will not really be remembered.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penny was also traded to the Knicks....not injured. Gugliotta played 30 games and barely avg. 10mins per game. He wasn't a factor.

If no moves were made then there's only speculation what their record would have been with Penny playing 76 games that year and Marbury's 81 games. (the combined amount between the 2 teams)

Based on what I read, Penny may have been traded but he also missed games due to injury!! Point is, that 29 win team was missing more than just Steve Nash. There was a lot that happened that led to them winning only 29 games!!

I'm a huge Nash fan and he definitely made a big difference, but not 33 games worth of difference!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is al very true by tbh I was not even talking another PR moves when I said off court IQ. I meant the knowledge of Hmong which no waykobe understands.

And Kobe def. Chose his behavior.

And in the end allt hat PR crap people get worked up about will not really be remembered.

Kobe definitely chose to cheat on his wife, but he did not choose to get accused of r*pe!! That is the difference!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe definitely chose to cheat on his wife, but he did not choose to get accused of r*pe!! That is the difference!!

It was unfortunate that Kobe chose to cheat on his wife with a cheap whore intending to take him to the cleaners - Valuable lesson here for Kobe - DON'T MESS AROUND WITH THE LOCALS IN SMALL TOWNS

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was unfortunate that Kobe chose to cheat on his wife with a cheap whore intending to take him to the cleaners - Valuable lesson here for Kobe - DON'T MESS AROUND WITH THE LOCALS IN SMALL TOWNS

Should be a valuable lesson for ALL professional athletes, but for most of them, it won't be!!

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

Everything on that list is scoring, scoring, scoring. There is more than scoring to get the MVP, it is an all-around game and that is why he hasn't won as many MVP's. Lebron is perfect for the awards, contributes in every aspect, does a lot of everything.

And didn't Nash shoot like 55% and like 45% from 3's and had like 15 assists/game. He was ridiculous!

are you trying to argue that Nash does a lot of everything? why dont you tell us about his defense and how many turnovers he avg. with those assists?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montsho, I dont view you as a hater like most but can you honestly say that, Nash was more dominant than kobe? If kobe was not accused of raping a girl, adultery, and being an a** hole, he wins the MVP award hands down. Your reason supports my claim. Nash couldnt dominant on defense if he was playing high school ballers. A one dimensional player does not scream out dominance. Thats why I hold the opinion its a popularity contest. If any of you really think Nash is dominant and deserved the award over Kobe, then I dont think any of you really know what dominance is.

All his peers thought he should of won and they called him the best in the game at that time.
Kobe got robbed somewhat but to me it was not as blatant as some make it sound. If it was me voting Kobe would have won it the first time Nash got it. (I just threw up in my mouth a little) The people voting obviously valued Nash's ability to involve his teammates and score more than Kobe's just scoring. Also remember that best in the game doesnt equal MVP. Jordan was the best in the game after his second year.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what I read, Penny may have been traded but he also missed games due to injury!! Point is, that 29 win team was missing more than just Steve Nash. There was a lot that happened that led to them winning only 29 games!!

I'm a huge Nash fan and he definitely made a big difference, but not 33 games worth of difference!!
With Phoenix that year, Penny did not miss any games due to injury!! Both he and Marbury appeared in 34 games and then were traded together on Jan.5th. Their last game with Phoenix was the 34th game on the schedule. The Suns went 12-22 in those first 34 games.

I never said Nash was solely the direct reason for a 33 game difference, but he sure as hell made the biggest difference. Especially in a pick-and-roll / run and gun system that Mike D ran.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe got robbed somewhat but to me it was not as blatant as some make it sound. If it was me voting Kobe would have won it the first time Nash got it. (I just threw up in my mouth a little) The people voting obviously valued Nash's ability to involve his teammates and score more than Kobe's just scoring. Also remember that best in the game doesnt equal MVP. Jordan was the best in the game after his second year.
Think you got the wrong year. Kobe missed 16 games and LA missed the playoffs in the 05 season.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, it wasnt blatant. I just dont think a person who is a liability on defense should be a league MVP. He was definitely the MVP of the Suns for sure. Like it was mentioned about Lebron, he deserves his MVPs because he does a little bit of everything. If you appreciate Lebrons 27 7 7, how do you not appreciate Kobes 27 6 6? Averaging 6 assists in the season by a ball hog, has to be impressive?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, it wasnt blatant. I just dont think a person who is a liability on defense should be a league MVP. He was definitely the MVP of the Suns for sure. Like it was mentioned about Lebron, he deserves his MVPs because he does a little bit of everything. If you appreciate Lebrons 27 7 7, how do you not appreciate Kobes 27 6 6? Averaging 6 assists in the season by a ball hog, has to be impressive?
Some people like the lone superstar hero thing. Some people like the team player superstar. If it wasn't apparent that Kobe passes the ball only when absolutely forced I think it would have been a no brainer. The manner in which the stats are compiled do make a difference.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people like the lone superstar hero thing. Some people like the team player superstar. If it wasn't apparent that Kobe passes the ball only when absolutely forced I think it would have been a no brainer. The manner in which the stats are compiled do make a difference.

I definitely here you, and thats why he will never be greater than Magic Johnson in my eyes, as the greatest Lakers player. He has built the reputation so he has to live with it. When Kobe has trust in his teammates or their offensive game is on point, he is a willing passer. I think he realized the importance to involve his teammates rather than being forced that year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Phoenix that year, Penny did not miss any games due to injury!! Both he and Marbury appeared in 34 games and then were traded together on Jan.5th. Their last game with Phoenix was the 34th game on the schedule. The Suns went 12-22 in those first 34 games.

I never said Nash was solely the direct reason for a 33 game difference, but he sure as hell made the biggest difference. Especially in a pick-and-roll / run and gun system that Mike D ran.

Okay, yeah what I read just showed him playing 34 games and alluded to him being "oft-injured", so I figured he had missed time with the Suns as well!!

No question that he made the biggest difference. But your original post left the impression that it was just the addition of Nash that made the difference!!

Either way, both Nash and Kobe had very strong arguments for MVP, but Nash got it because his team won a lot more games and that's usually the tiebreaker when 2 players have equally strong arguments!!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going to fix my typos...

This is all very true by tbh I was not even talking another PR moves when I said off court IQ. I meant the knowledge of GMing which no way kobe understands. To expand on this I meant the value of a team and that concept.

And Kobe definitely chose his behavior.

And in the end all that PR crap people get worked up about will not really be remembered.

MJ didn't choose for his father to die over his gambling debts yet he continued to gamble ridiculously high with very shady people.

I highly doubt this was the first fluzy Kobe slept with. If you keep putting yourself in those situations eventually you will get burned.

LBJ talks to the media a lot less now and does even less with ESPN. They showed how sleazy they can be and he distanced himself.

Either way, all 3 of them put them selves in those situations and of the 3 give me a pep rally and a public decision for charity all day.

People think they are unlucky when bad things happen to them. In most cases they should look in the mirror and ask how the fuck they really got there rather than saying it was bad luck.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going to fix my typos...

MJ didn't choose for his father to die over his gambling debts yet he continued to gamble ridiculously high with very shady people.

I highly doubt this was the first fluzy Kobe slept with. If you keep putting yourself in those situations eventually you will get burned.

LBJ talks to the media a lot less now and does even less with ESPN. They showed how sleazy they can be and he distanced himself.

Either way, all 3 of them put them selves in those situations and of the 3 give me a pep rally and a public decision for charity all day.

People think they are unlucky when bad things happen to them. In most cases they should look in the mirror and ask how the fuck they really got there rather than saying it was bad luck.

On this last part - I have to agree- Had the same argument with my sister when she was blaming Obamacare for all of her financial problems - when she is the one that too out extended loans on her house and spents tens of thousands of dollars that she didn't have

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, yeah what I read just showed him playing 34 games and alluded to him being "oft-injured", so I figured he had missed time with the Suns as well!!

No question that he made the biggest difference. But your original post left the impression that it was just the addition of Nash that made the difference!!

Either way, both Nash and Kobe had very strong arguments for MVP, but Nash got it because his team won a lot more games and that's usually the tiebreaker when 2 players have equally strong arguments!!

But Kobe was the better player, MVP is based more on your team's record and the individual's image.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going to fix my typos...

:agree: By putting themselves in those positions, they run the risk of having it blow up in their faces. If you run around sleeping with every woman willing drop her panties for you, sooner or later it's going to bite you in the ass!! Maybe not necessarily with a r*pe allegation, but with your wife or girlfriend finding out or one of them getting pregnant and claiming the baby is yours.

In Lebron's case, what amazes me is that no one was able to pull him aside and say: "Ya know, dumping a whole fanbase on national television might not be the best PR move"!! Kobe's thing was more likely a dumb decision that was made "in the moment"!! Lebron's was a dumb decision that had most likely been planned for weeks!!

I think that Lebron is smart for speaking less to the media and distancing himself from ESPN (now he just needs to stay off social media. LOL!!). The smartest thing Kobe did re: the r*pe allegation was that he had the "mea culpa" presser with his wife at his side and then didn't speak of it again. This allowed it to go away alot more quickly than it otherwise would have!!

I think that a big part of the reason that Lebron's faux pas hasn't died down that quickly is because he kept talking about it, kept trying to defend it and as a result, kept making himself look worse!! He still responds to the "haters" every once in a while which only serves the purpose of dragging it back up again!!