• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LBJ is better than kobe

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truthfully though considering the difference in age, shouldn't Lebron be better then Kobe?

Lebron is young, healthy and talented. Kobe is considerably older, he has his championships and is not as healthy. His body is falling apart as he heads to the final years of his career whereas Lebron still has more championships to win(I am hoping that doesn't happen though). What remains to be seen, however is if Lebron has a better career then Kobe and unless Lebron wins 5 championships before he retires, then he will not have had a better career then Kobe.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe had the popularity......... while LeBron actually passed prime player Kobe in league ranks back in the 06-07 season.

Better player > more popular.

Its not rocket science, I get this. I just dont see why it took him so long to surpass a guy in popularity, who has no personality and nobody even likes but his kids and pau gasol?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time I checked the 6 rings by MJ and the 5 rings by KB are a lot better than the 2 rings by LJ.

Last I checked Robert Horry's 7 rings is better than MJ's 6!!! Let's not get started with Bill Russell. I've just never understood this train of thought. Sometimes great individuals are part of great teams and great franchises. Sometimes a great player carries a franchise pretty much on his own for his entire career. Does that automatically mean the guy who was part of the great franchise and won more titles is better?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbass!

tumblr_ljvjwkXcx51qhxr17o1_500.gif

there-is-the-door-get-the-fuck-out.jpg

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is the "black hole" of the Lakers...the ball goes to him and never comes out. If Mello goes to the Lakers, they will need another ball. Meanwhile LJ actually has passing and rebounding skills....and uses them. MJ is another matter; that guy is the best ever...IMO. LJ will need at least 2 more league MVP's, 2 championships along with 2 championship MVP's. Then we start talking LJ/MJ comparisons.

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a trap thread so Bots can show over and over again his man crush on the flopping king cry :baby: LeBum James with the rest of the bandwagon fans that are only LeBum James fans and will follow him everywhere because ESPN gives him a platform on his greatness.

Crazy talk Bots :)

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not rocket science, I get this. I just dont see why it took him so long to surpass a guy in popularity, who has no personality and nobody even likes but his kids and pau gasol?

I already stated the decision, if you read the article he did surpass Kobe in his final year in cleveland. By quite a bit.

You're going to condemn MJ based on a stupid rumor? Whatever. I'll bet all the conspiracy trolls just love you.

There are rumors and there are ridiculously mysterious circumstances. Regardless, MJ did not retire. Even if he did, saying he was bored is ridiculous as well as saying "if". No matter what the reasons he didn't win the titles he didn't. In another thread people are blasting LBJ for not playing in his 4th Olympics. Meanwhile giving a pass if not adding greatness to MJ for "retiring" early.

Let's assume MJ retired completely voluntarily and we pretend he had no off court issues with being around shady characters or was not a degenerate gambler. I would much rather my players not "retire" in the middle of their career or give up on the team. That would be pretty high on my list of character attributes I would prefer they do not have.

Does that automatically mean the guy who was part of the great franchise and won more titles is better?

Emmitt would be carrying Barry's gym bags if they were on the same team...and emmitt was pretty good.

This is a trap thread so Bots can show over and over again his man crush on the flopping king cry :baby: LeBum James with the rest of the bandwagon fans that are only LeBum James fans and will follow him everywhere because ESPN gives him a platform on his greatness.

Crazy talk Bots :)

haha it was really about the popularity and a jokish troll (because I think popularity is worthless :D) but in hindsight I realize I ordered it wrong. The picture should have been the first response, not the thesis.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truthfully though considering the difference in age, shouldn't Lebron be better then Kobe?

Lebron is young, healthy and talented. Kobe is considerably older, he has his championships and is not as healthy. His body is falling apart as he heads to the final years of his career whereas Lebron still has more championships to win(I am hoping that doesn't happen though). What remains to be seen, however is if Lebron has a better career then Kobe and unless Lebron wins 5 championships before he retires, then he will not have had a better career then Kobe.
Everyone already knows Lebron is better than Kobe now. Thats a no brainer. However, Lebron is better now than Kobe was at the same age. Kobe has been for the most part 1-dimensional. Lebron has always been multi-dimensional and had to assume responsibility at a way younger age than Kobe.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone already knows Lebron is better than Kobe now. Thats a no brainer. However, Lebron is better now than Kobe was at the same age. Kobe has been for the most part 1-dimensional. Lebron has always been multi-dimensional and had to assume responsibility at a way younger age than Kobe.

I think Lebron is a stronger and healthier athlete then Kobe was at his(Lebron's) age, but better - NO because by the time Kobe was Lebron's age, Kobe had already won 3 championship titles and been to the finals 5 times and was about to embark on two more championship titles. Lebron may look better on paper and on the court, but he still has to prove it with more titles. And I don't want to hear the shit where Robert Horry has more titles then Michael Jordan - Robert Horry was a role player that learned how to jump on the right train at the right time for easy rides. We are in this case comparing leader and all star player vs leader and all star player

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lebron is a stronger and healthier athlete then Kobe was at his(Lebron's) age, but better - NO because by the time Kobe was Lebron's age, Kobe had already won 3 championship titles and been to the finals 5 times and was about to embark on two more championship titles. Lebron may look better on paper and on the court, but he still has to prove it with more titles. And I don't want to hear the shit where Robert Horry has more titles then Michael Jordan - Robert Horry was a role player that learned how to jump on the right train at the right time for easy rides. We are in this case comparing leader and all star player vs leader and all star player

So was Bill Russell greater than Jordan? Come on now. Kobe's 3 rings at Lebron's age were because of Shaq. How many finals MVPs did Kobe have at lebron's age? How about MVPs?

Jury is still out.. Lebron's career is only half over, Kobe is in the twilight of his career. Lebron may finish his career as the all time leading scorer and top 5 assist guy. the ceiling on Lebron is insanely high right now, much higher than where Kobe is at.. Time will tell if he gets there. these Kobe nut huggers are going to be really silent if Lebron get 5 rings, 7-8 MVPs and ends his career #1 in points and top 5 in assists.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Horry was a role player that learned how to jump on the right train at the right time for easy rides. We are in this case comparing leader and all star player vs leader and all star player

EXACTLY!! LEADERSHIP vs ROLE PLAYER!!!

I am not saying Kobe was ever a role player, but he was NEVER the LEADER for those 1st 3. LBJ has never been anything but THE Leader except that 1st year in Miami. We all know how that ended.

Also saying that Kobe was about to embark on a 2 more championship run is the same as saying if MJ didn't "retire", in this case it didn't happen, we are comparing to the current age. Nothing else.

If you do want to include Kobe's projection I will take LBJs future over Kobe's from here on out.

Kobe gets 2 more rings and 4 trips to the dance and no MVPs. That seems like a low trajectory for LBJs next 5 years for 2 reasons. He is much more physically gifted and has a much higher basketball IQ both on court and off court. His ego seems to be exponentially less than Kobe's.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is the "black hole" of the Lakers...the ball goes to him and never comes out. If Mello goes to the Lakers, they will need another ball. Meanwhile LJ actually has passing and rebounding skills....and uses them. MJ is another matter; that guy is the best ever...IMO. LJ will need at least 2 more league MVP's, 2 championships along with 2 championship MVP's. Then we start talking LJ/MJ comparisons.

:agree:

Kobe is a scorer.

Lebron is a complete basketball player.

MJ is still on another level of being a complete player while winning while at the highest level.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kobe is a scorer.

MJ is still on another level of being a complete player while winning while at the highest level.
Nuff said.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I checked Robert Horry's 7 rings is better than MJ's 6!!! Let's not get started with Bill Russell. I've just never understood this train of thought. Sometimes great individuals are part of great teams and great franchises. Sometimes a great player carries a franchise pretty much on his own for his entire career. Does that automatically mean the guy who was part of the great franchise and won more titles is better?

Horry was never "the man". As far as Bill, maybe he isn't considered the GOAT is because he wasn't a prolific scorer of maybe that era is not considered the "modern era". Not sure.

But I know you are not saying Lebron is better than MJ, right?

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are living off hope, hopinb Lebron have a better career than Kobe. So until Lebron finsh his career, stfu!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXACTLY!! LEADERSHIP vs ROLE PLAYER!!!

I am not saying Kobe was ever a role player, but he was NEVER the LEADER for those 1st 3. LBJ has never been anything but THE Leader except that 1st year in Miami. We all know how that ended.

Also saying that Kobe was about to embark on a 2 more championship run is the same as saying if MJ didn't "retire", in this case it didn't happen, we are comparing to the current age. Nothing else.

If you do want to include Kobe's projection I will take LBJs future over Kobe's from here on out.

Kobe gets 2 more rings and 4 trips to the dance and no MVPs. That seems like a low trajectory for LBJs next 5 years for 2 reasons. He is much more physically gifted and has a much higher basketball IQ both on court and off court. His ego seems to be exponentially less than Kobe's.

Well it's true that Kobe wasn't the leader or the team captain because Shaq Oneal was that for the most part, but you can't say that Kobe was role player either and you acknowledge that yourself. The reason that's important is because Robert Horry was only a role player never anything more. Kobe did lead that squad when Shaq was down with injuries and Kobe did carry the Lakers when the others weren't shooting. If you remember Adelman's statement to his own Kings was that the Lakers had two players could shoot and they had five and should win the game and Kobe himself called up Shaq at 2 am in the morning to discuss strategy and how to win that game, so Kobe was very much close to being an equal part of those three championship and Shaq himself said several times in those three runs that Kobe deserved the MVP award, but the MVP award has always been a worthless popularity contest and nothing more. So yes, Kobe has done what it takes to win five championships - not the two in the post Shaq era and Lebron would have to do the same to be consider just as great. Anything less would be a failure

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kobe is a scorer.

Lebron won't be complete until he has five championshp titles like Kobe

:suds:

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're going to condemn MJ based on a stupid rumor? Whatever. I'll bet all the conspiracy trolls just love you.

Condemn? Do you even know what that word means? I am not condemning ANYONE, that surely is not my place or anybody else who roams this planet. You threw out a rumor of him being bored so I threw out another rumor. You jumped to condemnation and conspiracy, calm down a bit.