• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LBJ is better than kobe

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Botslayer, So, I went back and read the article as advised. I see this is an ESPN poll, voted on by americans only, ages 12 and up. The last report I seen, Kobe was leading in oversees jersey sells up until last year. He sold more jerseys in China than Yao Ming, and other countries who have stars on NBA rosters. Being that the NBA wants to be considered a GLOBAL brand, I wonder what the % would be with a global poll?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron won't be complete until he has five championshp titles like Kobe

:suds:

Titles don't make you a complete player. Were Horry and Fisher complete players. I am not comparing Kobe to them. But when I say complete player I mean can do everything, I don't mean accomplishments. But you know ehat I mean, you are just being a smart ass.

Lebro is more of a complete player on the floor now then Kobe ever was.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXACTLY!! LEADERSHIP vs ROLE PLAYER!!!

I am not saying Kobe was ever a role player, but he was NEVER the LEADER for those 1st 3. LBJ has never been anything but THE Leader except that 1st year in Miami. We all know how that ended.

Also saying that Kobe was about to embark on a 2 more championship run is the same as saying if MJ didn't "retire", in this case it didn't happen, we are comparing to the current age. Nothing else.

If you do want to include Kobe's projection I will take LBJs future over Kobe's from here on out.

Kobe gets 2 more rings and 4 trips to the dance and no MVPs. That seems like a low trajectory for LBJs next 5 years for 2 reasons. He is much more physically gifted and has a much higher basketball IQ both on court and off court. His ego seems to be exponentially less than Kobe's.

:bullshit: this right here is being a homer at its finest BOT. Everyone looks at Phil as the best coach of all time and Kobe has played for him almost his whole career. Please, tell me how you assume he did not soak up any of the wisdom that was being handed to him by the so called zen master?

Have you ever heard Kobe break down the strategies, strengths, weaknesses, game plans, play calling, of every single team in the west? Its pretty impressive. I dont know why i even asked you if you have heard him do this because if you did, you wouldnt have made such an asinine statement.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was Bill Russell greater than Jordan? Come on now. Kobe's 3 rings at Lebron's age were because of Shaq. How many finals MVPs did Kobe have at lebron's age? How about MVPs?

Jury is still out.. Lebron's career is only half over, Kobe is in the twilight of his career. Lebron may finish his career as the all time leading scorer and top 5 assist guy. the ceiling on Lebron is insanely high right now, much higher than where Kobe is at.. Time will tell if he gets there. these Kobe nut huggers are going to be really silent if Lebron get 5 rings, 7-8 MVPs and ends his career #1 in points and top 5 in assists.

And Shaq's 3 are because of Kobe!! And their 6 combined rings were because of Phil!! One doesn't get 3 rings without the other!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXACTLY!! LEADERSHIP vs ROLE PLAYER!!!

I am not saying Kobe was ever a role player, but he was NEVER the LEADER for those 1st 3. LBJ has never been anything but THE Leader except that 1st year in Miami. We all know how that ended.

Also saying that Kobe was about to embark on a 2 more championship run is the same as saying if MJ didn't "retire", in this case it didn't happen, we are comparing to the current age. Nothing else.

If you do want to include Kobe's projection I will take LBJs future over Kobe's from here on out.

Kobe gets 2 more rings and 4 trips to the dance and no MVPs. That seems like a low trajectory for LBJs next 5 years for 2 reasons. He is much more physically gifted and has a much higher basketball IQ both on court and off court. His ego seems to be exponentially less than Kobe's.

Yeah, because "The Decision" and "Not 1, not 2, not 3, etc., etc. were such brilliant moves!!

And getting caught making fun of Dirk Nowitzki being sick was a stroke of pure genius!!:L

Last edited by a moderator:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bron wins another Finals MVP we can start the comparison with Kobe.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I checked Robert Horry's 7 rings is better than MJ's 6!!! Let's not get started with Bill Russell. I've just never understood this train of thought. Sometimes great individuals are part of great teams and great franchises. Sometimes a great player carries a franchise pretty much on his own for his entire career. Does that automatically mean the guy who was part of the great franchise and won more titles is better?

I can't believe it took 25 posts for someone to state the obvious. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised. That sort of stupidity was the reason I stayed away from the hoops board at espn.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because "The Decision" and "Not 1, not 2, not 3, etc., etc. were such brilliant moves!!

And getting caught making fun of Dirk Nowitzki being sick was a stroke of pure genius!!:L

i loved all of those things. people getting upset over the dirk thing was funny. come on.. since when cant people poke fun at their peers. the media was stroking off dirk that whole series.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm waiting for Smans rant. Should be interesting, it always is.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But right now LeBrons is the best, will wait some years and see if he passes Kobe and MJ during his career.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But right now LeBrons is the best, will wait some years and see if he passes Kobe and MJ during his career.

:agree: People on both sides of this issue are way too early in their proclamations re: Lebron. MJ's book is finished, Kobe's is on the last couple of chapters and Lebron's is only a little over half done!! Let's let Kobe finish his book and then let Lebron finish his before we start deciding which is the best!!

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: People on both sides of this issue are way too early in their proclamations re: Lebron. MJ's book is finished, Kobe's is on the last couple of chapters and Lebron's is only a little over half done!! Let's let Kobe finish his book and then let Lebron finish his before we start deciding which is the best!!

You do have a point but I just don't see Lebron James ever dominating the league like MJ did. Just don't see that ever happening. Lebron has problems dominating a game, much less the whole league.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do have a point but I just don't see Lebron James ever dominating the league like MJ did. Just don't see that ever happening. Lebron has problems dominating a game, much less the whole league.

I mean LBJ already has 4 MVP's, he's going to shatter MJ's 5. Let's be honest.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna happen, he'll probably be tied after next season.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOT IMPRESSED, in case you missed that in my last post.

Haha bro no I missed that...but really though he's going to have 5 MVP's before 30. I don't like the guy, but you gotta respect him.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You just make too much sense.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is the thing about the Jordan vs Lebron - If Jordan had not taken those two years off and played, he would have easily won 8 championship titles and if Jordan had not retired when the Bulls idiot owner fired Phil Jackson - I think the Bulls would have easily won atleast one or two more titles. The only reason Jordan did not win 8 to 10 titles is because he quit the game on his own terms before he got old.

I just don't think Lebron is good enough to win that many even if he does get his six, no one will ever say Lebron could have won more. Jordan could have and was that good

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha bro no I missed that...but really though he's going to have 5 MVP's before 30. I don't like the guy, but you gotta respect him.

That's true, you should respect his game but not based on MVP trophies. Its the lamest award given in the sport.