• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lawrence Phillips, the lost man

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listened to that, then saw this thread.. thought real hard about changing the title

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is and was only one man on this Earth who could control Lawrence Phillips and discipline him in the correct manner.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To an extent you can argue that the way people are raised will lead to violence, but anyone with a brain can also look at the world as a whole and understand that their actions are different than the people around them and it's harmful to society.

Lawrence Phillips always understood right from wrong, but he is a psychopath. He shouldn't be in prison. He should be in a crazy house somewhere.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talked to my house mom about him. She used to tutor quite a few football players in the 80s and 90s (seriously, quite a few of the nebraska superstars from that era went to her for tutoring cause she used to work in the AD's academic office or whatever it is)

she said he was a "good kid at heart". I kinda doubt that statement but she stood by it.
said he never knew his real father, he was adopted apparently (or in foster care or something like that) and apparently whoever was supposed to be his guardian when he was at a young age was quite emotionally/mentally/verbally abusive and occasionally physically so.

She then damn near almost broke down in tears on this next part:

She said the night he was suspended during the season he was in her house, rocking in a rocking chair, crying and extremely remorseful for what he had done (whether that was cause he wanted to be remorseful to play or he was legitimately upset with himself for his actual actions i don't know). then when he left the team 1995 season (apparently under great pressure from osborne to move on from nebraska according to the house mom) he again went to her house and broke down in tears (again in her rocking chair if you care) apparently extremely upset because he thought he was being forced to leave.

just my two cents. the guy was an incredible talent, and whether he is a bad person at heart or a victim of circumstances we will probably never fully understand. That being said its probably a combination of both and its so unfortunate that such an incredible talent turned out so poorly in life. Sad sad story really…and this potential murder just muddys the water even more

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah def not skool. she's like 65 and has cancer, she's normally only here from about 5:00pm-10PM 3 or 4 nights a week. she has a day job.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we did. She was pretty cool. She had a german shepherd that was the devil incarnate though. I'm really good with dogs, but that was one dog that I couldn't get to be friendly with me.