• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Larry sanders signed with the cavs

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of got ahead of myself with my comment there.

He helps against any team with quality big men. I tend to view the Cavs/Warriors arms race only in how new additions will help in that specific matchup. The irony is that in light of injuries, the possibility that somebody other than Cleveland or GS make the finals is greater now than ever before. I still think that is the matchup we will see, but the door is open a little now.

Agree. If the Spurs can get healthy, they are always a threat. But I think the team most likely to benefit may be the Rockets.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason they are signing these players late is because they didn't have any money to do it earlier. Not to mention birdman their backup center got injured so they were looking for a backup for thompson. Not sure what is so funny about that lol

It may have been a blessing because sanders may actually be the better fit and player if we end up playing gs, should be interesting

That's exactly the point I've been making. They are signing these guys because they believe there is potential value in the playoffs, not as some "afterthought."

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly the point I've been making. They are signing these guys because they believe there is potential value in the playoffs, not as some "afterthought."

I would ask who said that, but i already have a pretty good idea lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because there is no guarantee we play GS. Bogut would have been very useful against a team like the spurs(and possibly some east teams), but pretty much useless like mozgov was when we played gs

Again, that's exactly the point I've been making.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason they are signing these players late is because they didn't have any money to do it earlier. Not to mention birdman their backup center got injured so they were looking for a backup for thompson. Not sure what is so funny about that lol

It may have been a blessing because sanders may actually be the better fit and player if we end up playing gs, should be interesting
i know- thats the funny thing- if Birdman was healthy- Sanders wouldnt even be here.

if anyone actually thinks Sanders will fill the role that Bogut would have- they are smoking some major crack.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know- thats the funny thing- if Birdman was healthy- Sanders wouldnt even be here.

if anyone actually thinks Sanders will fill the role that Bogut would have- they are smoking some major crack.

We get theres a reason he hasnt played in 4 years, but there also is a reason they felt the need to sign.

In reality, Bogut didnt offer much, but if you're banking on Bird, Andy, or Sanders , you're pretty much fucked.

Bogut was awesome in his stint with the Cavs.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You realize the person you responded to doesn't agree with you either, right?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get theres a reason he hasnt played in 4 years, but there also is a reason they felt the need to sign.

In reality, Bogut didnt offer much, but if you're banking on Bird, Andy, or Sanders , you're pretty much fucked.

Bogut was awesome in his stint with the Cavs.
of course there is a reason they meant to sign him- the guy was has some big time upside and his contract will be cheap as hell.

I woudlnt sign him to a 1 year deal- no point--- but if its a 2 year deal where he gets the min. next year and you have control- i would definitely do it - especially at this point in the season- who else are you gonna get that would take minutes from the guys the Cavs currently have?

"bogut was awesome in his stint with the Cavs huh"----- classy. dont worry- the Heat will be getting theirs- hopefully against the Cavs.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow ... 100 posts about Larry Sanders in 2 days. I'm rooting for the guy to make a comeback someplace -- but this is a surprising amount of interest.

I think Wiggy should get kickbacks from Sportshoopla -- the Lakers/Heat fans are much more involved just because of him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow ... 100 posts about Larry Sanders in 2 days. I'm rooting for the guy to make a comeback someplace -- but this is a surprising amount of interest.

I think Wiggy should get kickbacks from Sportshoopla -- the Lakers/Heat fans are much more involved just because of him.
you can be my go between for my check! lol.

I just tell the truth- its not my fault the Cavs are fucking awesome- the defending champs- have LeBron, Kyrie etc. the owner shelling out the most dough in the league. I mean- it truly is incredible when you step back to think about it

arguably the most popular athlete in the western hemisphere, and easily the best basketball palyer alive is a hometown kid that grows up brings a championship to the city- COMBINED with an owner that will spend more than any owner in history.

Its just crazy when you think about. Its freaking amazing.

pelenmi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1, Sanders has been out of the league for two years, last time he played he only averaged 4.3 PPG and 3 RPG in 14 Min. a game. #2, The only thing that the Cavs can use Larry with is defense. Hes averaged 1.8 Blocks through his career. I dont see Sanders getting to many minutes,I mean Bogut would have been able to contribute more, averaging 8 Rebounds a Game. At this point, David Griffin is signing whoever is available. At least bring back Varejao, Larry Sanders is prone to having problems off the court. In 2013-14 he was suspended 5 games for violating the NBA drug Policy. The Cavs were better off if they signed somebody else.

pelenmi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1, Sanders has been out of the league for two years, last time he played he only averaged 4.3 PPG and 3 RPG in 14 Min. a game. #2, The only thing that the Cavs can use Larry with is defense. Hes averaged 1.8 Blocks through his career. I dont see Sanders getting to many minutes,I mean Bogut would have been able to contribute more, averaging 8 Rebounds a Game. At this point, David Griffin is signing whoever is available. At least bring back Varejao, Larry Sanders is prone to having problems off the court. In 2013-14 he was suspended 5 games for violating the NBA drug Policy. The Cavs were better off if they signed somebody else.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs: You can always get what you want.

Reply: But if you try real hard, you get but a dream.............

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs: You can always get what you want.

Reply: But if you try real hard, you get but a dream.............
ill tell ya- ill be delighted if Sanders can provide them with some defensive rebounding- but it just doesnt seem realistic- and as the team is announcing- it seems like its something geared towards- A. insurance in case of injry, b. a warm body for blowouts, and c. develop him/get him up to speed for next year.

if anyone thinks Larry Sanders will be playing playoff minutes when the games matter- they need to check themselves into rehab

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do agree with Wiggy that there is more upside with Sanders than with Bogut because Sanders is a better athlete. In that respect, he's absolutely right. However, the Cavs need defensive help, which is why they signed Bogut in the first place and why they signed Sanders when Bogut got hurt.

If Sanders can provide some situational defense (the 1.8 bpg you mentioned) for about 8-10 minutes per game, it'll be a good pickup, especially if he's able to stay with the team beyond the rest of this season and contribute.

The question, of course, is can he avoid off court issues? Talent was never a problem with him. It was emotional issues and wanting to smoke weed whenever he wants.

It's really a low risk/high reward deal for the Cavs. If he pans out, it's a good move. If not, they cut him loose having only lost whatever money they paid him for a short stay.