• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lane Kiffin vs. Mack Brown: Who Is the Worse Coach?

Who is the worse coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you put the "g" as a lower case it might limit your time in purgatory a little.

Slip of the finger, I was typing fast. I already know I am going to pay a penance for some of my past transgressions and i am sure I am not done as of yet. I plan to slide in on my last day kicking and screaming where i will flip a Quarter to whoever is standing at whatever gate i am sent to and thank them for the ride. I have a good heart, but i live life to its fullest and slow down rarely to repent.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would address Mack Brown as, "sir."

Would have a tough time doing that with Lane.

Gatorlick

But why is the rum gone?!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would address Mack Brown as, "sir."

Would have a tough time doing that with Lane.
Hell, I'd have a tough time looking at him and not busting out laughing at what a tool he is.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BusSport:

You have just embarrassed yourself. The question you posed is ignorant. If you didn't notice, not even 1 single Sooner fan has chimed in and taken up for you.

Mack's time at Texas is coming to an end and he is not the same coach he used to be - we know that. But he is one of the most successful coaches of all-time. BCS titles; National Championship; Records for consecutive 10+ win seasons; Great recruiter; Incredible bowl record; Etc... You're seriously trying to pair that with :lame:kitten?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe how you consistently defend that piece of shit. He CANNOT coach. He recruits well. If not for that he would have us in even worse shape. He is a lying scumbag and I can't wait until the day he gets terminated.

Didn't think I defended him. I even said that I think Mack is a better coach!! I just posted some facts re: his record that no one has been able to refute (including you)!!

And my faith is not in Kiffin and never has been. It's in Pat Haden and my belief that he will do the right thing at the right time.

People talk about firing a coach as if that will somehow "fix everything"!! We can fire Kiffin tomorrow for all I care, but we better have someone better to replace him with. After all, even if he were fired tomorrow, it's not like the sanctions are going away and there's no guarantee that an elite coach will want to come in and deal with them!!

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't think I defended him. I even said that I think Mack is a better coach!! I just posted some facts re: his record that no one has been able to refute (including you)!!

And my faith is not in Kiffin and never has been. It's in Pat Haden and my belief that he will do the right thing at the right time.

People talk about firing a coach as if that will somehow "fix everything"!! We can fire Kiffin tomorrow for all I care, but we better have someone better to replace him with. After all, even if he were fired tomorrow, it's not like the sanctions are going away and there's no guarantee that an elite coach will want to come in and deal with them!!

I hear Saban is fielding offers:laugh3:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear Saban is fielding offers:laugh3:

:lol: If I thought we could get Saban, I'd be headed to USC right now to personally help Kiffin move out of his office!!

Then I'd drive to 'Bama and help Coach Saban move to USC!!

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad you're so satisfied and happy with your head coach. :laugh3:

Dude, you realize you're the only dumb fuck who is picking Mack Brown being worse than Kiffin in your own poll that you created. Even your Sooner pals think you're a dumb fuck.....It's bad when your own brethren look at you and do this :L

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its Kiffin by a landslide.

When he was younger, Mack wasn't a bad coach. He had an absurd string of 10 win seasons.

I think he has just gotten too old and he hasn't been able to replace the good assistants that he lost over the years.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's without a doubt Lane Kiffin. What has he done to justify himself being a head coach? The Raiders were a train wreck. Tennessee was a wreck. At USC he succeeded with no pressure, but when the lights are bright his teams shrink.

Mack Brown is at least solid, I legitimately think a change of scenery would do him some good.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell I mean just look at the W/L stats:
Mack Brown: 151-45
Lane Kiffin: 27-14

This alone makes it a dumb comparison!! Regardless of what one's opinion of Lane Kiffin is, it's comparing a coach who has been a head coach for many, many years to a coach who has been a head coach for 4 years!!

Taking the names out of the equation, you are comparing a coach who is close to the end of his career to a coach who is just starting his.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that over the last five years, Mack Brown has recruited SEVENTY SEVEN four star or higher recruits to Texas. 77. 77!!!!!

Of the two, Lane Kiffin is the worst head coach.

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This alone makes it a dumb comparison!! Regardless of what one's opinion of Lane Kiffin is, it's comparing a coach who has been a head coach for many, many years to a coach who has been a head coach for 4 years!!

Taking the names out of the equation, you are comparing a coach who is close to the end of his career to a coach who is just starting his.
You're also comparing a long-standing, well established coach at Texas with NO sanctions vs a contraversial coach with 4 yrs of being a HC. 1 yr at Tenn and 3 yrs at USC. All 3 yrs at USC being under sanctions from the prev HC and not from anything Kiffen has done. He was brought in to be the scapegoat and wasn't expected to win much, but keep the team afloat until sanctions have finished. He's been winning with a lot fewer players and some of the best recruits were allowed to leave w/o penalty at the start of the sanctions. Mack did not start his coaching career in that kind of situation and probably wouldn't have done any better than Kiffen has.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that over the last five years, Mack Brown has recruited SEVENTY SEVEN four star or higher recruits to Texas. 77. 77!!!!!

Of the two, Lane Kiffin is the worst head coach.

The stars at night...
Are big and bright...
pee_wee_herman.jpg

Deep in the heart of Texas!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're also comparing a long-standing, well established coach at Texas with NO sanctions vs a contraversial coach with 4 yrs of being a HC. 1 yr at Tenn and 3 yrs at USC. All 3 yrs at USC being under sanctions from the prev HC and not from anything Kiffen has done. He was brought in to be the scapegoat and wasn't expected to win much, but keep the team afloat until sanctions have finished. He's been winning with a lot fewer players and some of the best recruits were allowed to leave w/o penalty at the start of the sanctions. Mack did not start his coaching career in that kind of situation and probably wouldn't have done any better than Kiffen has.

True!! The fact is with Kiffin though, he has done and said some pretty stupid things, so he has brought most of the criticism on himself!!

His first 2 seasons at USC, he kept his mouth shut, there were no "shenanigans" (underinflated footballs, jersey switches, etc.) and he just coached his team. No one was saying anything about him. Last year happens and suddenly he's running around the country "turning programs to shit"!!

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True!! The fact is with Kiffin though, he has done and said some pretty stupid things, so he has brought most of the criticism on himself!!

His first 2 seasons at USC, he kept his mouth shut, there were no "shenanigans" (underinflated footballs, jersey switches, etc.) and he just coached his team. No one was saying anything about him. Last year happens and suddenly he's running around the country "turning programs to shit"!!

Glad you're starting to see it our way:laugh3:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you're starting to see it our way:laugh3:

:lol: I've never disagreed that he needs to keep his idiot mouth shut and just coach. I just disagree that one bad season means he can't coach and should be fired!! Bottom line though, if he can't get out of his own damn way, it ultimately won't matter whether or not he can coach because no one is going to want to deal with the added crap that comes with that. USC supporters (including me) aren't going to tolerate him embarrassing the program with more stupidity!!

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: I've never disagreed that he needs to keep his idiot mouth shut and just coach. I just disagree that one bad season means he can't coach and should be fired!! Bottom line though, if he can't get out of his own damn way, it ultimately won't matter whether or not he can coach because no one is going to want to deal with the added crap that comes with that. USC supporters (including me) aren't going to tolerate him embarrassing the program with more stupidity!!

I was just kidding man, but I agree its frustrating having to listen to it and having to wait on his next fiasco where he opens his mouth and shows the real Lane. Good luck with that.