• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scott Frost on the hot seat?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would welcome Texas and ou in the B16?

I think any conference would welcome Texas and OU. Two national programs. My guess is if Texas and OU leave, it will be the PAC. Just makes more sense logistically.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think any conference would welcome Texas and OU. Two national programs. My guess is if Texas and OU leave, it will be the PAC. Just makes more sense logistically.
I was pro PAC/Big12 merger but I'm much more stay at 10 Big 12 guy now. We'll see what happens in a couple years

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't an excuse when it is true. Tried telling Nebraska fans before -- changing to the B1G was a huge mistake.
Nebraska has nothing to sell recruits on. They don't have national rivals like they had in the Big 8 (XII), when they had games with Texas and Oklahoma.
They recruited well in the West and Southwest in the past, but now their away games are played in the Midwest, so that isn't helping with recruits in Texas and Cali.
They don't have the academics to sell recruits on, they have the lowest ranked academics in the B1G.
They don't have in state talent or talent in the surrounding states.

They may win a division title here or there in the B1G West, but being a national power isn't happening in today's CFB.
I must have missed your lobby before I, as a fan, voted on the move.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk farentz or however the hell you spell it is on more of a hot seat than Scott Frost

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk farentz or however the hell you spell it is on more of a hot seat than Scott Frost

tenor.gif

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"I think"

And that's where you fucked up.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Neither is on the hot seat. And their situations shouldn't be compared. Frost is still cleaning up the mess left behind by the former HC. I don't think a true turnaround for Nebraska will happen until more upper classmen are gone.

I've seen multiple Huskers fans the former HC was lacking in work ethic. And it made some players lazy.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must have missed your lobby before I, as a fan, voted on the move.

On a monetary level -- it was a good move by Nebraska, as they are getting more money from the B1G.

Recruiting wise -- it was a terrible decision, as their away games are in the Midwest, they don't have any national rivalry games and one of the big pulls of the B1G is academics and Nebraska ranks lowest in the B1G.

The good news is -- they aren't in the East, where OSU is building a monster program, so they could battle to win a division title in the West occasionally.

The bad news is -- they would have to face OSU (most likely) in the title game.

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a monetary level -- it was a good move by Nebraska, as they are getting more money from the B1G.

Recruiting wise -- it was a terrible decision, as their away games are in the Midwest, they don't have any national rivalry games and one of the big pulls of the B1G is academics and Nebraska ranks lowest in the B1G.

The good news is -- they aren't in the East, where OSU is building a monster program, so they could battle to win a division title in the West occasionally.

The bad news is -- they would have to face OSU (most likely) in the title game.
Frost will catch the Fuckeyes, just like Tom did the Sooners.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frost will catch the Fuckeyes, just like Tom did the Sooners.

I like the confidence, but Nebraska needs to catch about 6 other teams in the B1G before worrying about OSU. OSU is up there with Bama, Clemson, LSU, etc.

Just don't see how Nebraska can sell top recruits. What is the marquee games Nebraska has? Wisconsin and Iowa are quality programs, but those aren't marquee games like Oklahoma or Texas.
The areas they recruited well in the past (Texas/Cali) -- you could sell it that they would play away games near them. Now Nebraska's away games are in the Midwest.

It is just a tough sell for Nebraska now. Everyone recruits nationally and with internet, recruiting sites, nations football camps and massive recruiting budgets teams have -- it is tough for Nebraska to compete with other top schools.