• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers sign Chris Stiffman errrr Kaman

Rolln300

"Let It Be"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the guy a break. He is willing to play for one year knowing that it probably won't go anywhere after that. He is a team player, coachable and always gives 100% effort which is more than we can say for Dwight. The Lakers are going to have to be a hustle team to get anywhere this season and Kaman will give you that night in and night out. Maybe Jordan Hill will have a breakout season and we will get to see some enjoyable basketball. Not championship Bball but a tough hard nosed team making the best of what they have.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the guy a break. He is willing to play for one year knowing that it probably won't go anywhere after that. He is a team player, coachable and always gives 100% effort which is more than we can say for Dwight. The Lakers are going to have to be a hustle team to get anywhere this season and Kaman will give you that night in and night out. Maybe Jordan Hill will have a breakout season and we will get to see some enjoyable basketball. Not championship Bball but a tough hard nosed team making the best of what they have.

Like I said above, I think he is a good add. He will do what he's told which means he'll fit right into Kobe's offense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Kaman, I don't have a problem with the signing at all. Kaman is servicable and it's only a 1 yr deal. Back to my other point, obviously no team with Kobe on it is going to tank......but let's be real, if we can sneak into the lottery(doesn't even have to be a top 6-8 pick), we can get a STUD AND head into 2014 free agency(if that doesn't work then we go to the loaded 2015 free agency) shopping for 2 superstars. If it goes bad enough, I can see Dantoni getting canned as well. I know some may you shouldn't root like that, but it's not rooting against your team, it's forward thinking.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Kaman, I don't have a problem with the signing at all. Kaman is servicable and it's only a 1 yr deal. Back to my other point, obviously no team with Kobe on it is going to tank......but let's be real, if we can sneak into the lottery(doesn't even have to be a top 6-8 pick), we can get a STUD AND head into 2014 free agency(if that doesn't work then we go to the loaded 2015 free agency) shopping for 2 superstars. If it goes bad enough, I can see Dantoni getting canned as well. I know some may you shouldn't root like that, but it's not rooting against your team, it's forward thinking.

Yeah, I agree. When Kobe hangs it up Dantoni will be gone also, if not before then.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's if Kobe comes back half of what he was.....we'll see what the final roster looks like then how they mesh on the court. The run and gun style will probably not be implemented with the age of the team unless they miraculously find a genie in a bottle.

If he stays healthy, as Rolln300 said, he's a very serviceable player who puts his head down, doesn't sulk, and plays hard. Love the idea of seeing a healthy Jordan Hill after what he showed us in limited minutes in the playoffs. I believe that he and Pau will do well as a tandem. Add Kaman and it's not a total disaster upfront. If they bring in Odom would prefer him over Metta. Who knows they may make some other moves to shore up the wing and guard play.

Plenty of time to between now and training camps.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Kaman is not that bad as a role player and if(really a big if) both Gasol and Kobe come back healthy then what they will need from Kaman is to facilitate, defend and body up. He can do all of that

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much what Hill said. If you can get info the top 10 of the draft, you'll be getting a solid player.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did the Lakers turn into the Clippers?

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are certainly go to miss the Doctor, Jerry Buss. Had to be one of the best, if not the best, owner of a professional sports franchise ever.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are now legit title contenders after this huge acquisition

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was waiting for Jim Buss to continue reuniting Dantoni with his former players. A trade with the mavs for marion and knicks for amare. then we can make way to the rooftops and yell CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Kaman is not that bad as a role player and if(really a big if) both Gasol and Kobe come back healthy then what they will need from Kaman is to facilitate, defend and body up. He can do all of that

ummmm......no, he can't. Methinks you've never watched him his entire career. His biggest knock is he's HORRIBLE on the defensive end. He can help rebound wise, and may give you a few points per game. But there's a reason even the Mavs gave up on him.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All seriousness, it is not a bad deal.

He can play a little bit. The contract is a one year tiny deal.

At one point in time, he was actually an above average player. He should at least be adequate.

There is no risk and maybe a tiny bit of potential upside.

For the price, its not bad at all.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree::10:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with Horn, except that Kaman actually keeps them as a 6 or 7 seed vs lottery. Lakers are not going to win next year................not sure what is the strategy out there

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with Horn, except that Kaman actually keeps them as a 6 or 7 seed vs lottery. Lakers are not going to win next year................not sure what is the strategy out there

They do have to keep the big rollers who buy the season tickets at ridiculously high prices (like Jack Nicholson) happy.

Also, many rich people pour money into the Lakers. Got to keep 'em happy.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do have to keep the big rollers who buy the season tickets at ridiculously high prices (like Jack Nicholson) happy.

Also, many rich people pour money into the Lakers. Got to keep 'em happy.

guess it beat the hell outta sitting on their hands and doing nothing...