• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers Roll Call Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm very unsure about Beasley... I mean there has to be a point when you man up and say I'm grown and it's time... He is 24 years-old now... I think that was about the age I started to wake up, by 28 I was married... I still smoked weed from about 19 until about 33 but then my time and responsibilities become more of a priority... Now he has more money and I suppose more free time but it's becoming clear his basketball life is in jeopardy... Is it time that he wakes up...? If you recall Lamar Odom had problems with the chronic when he was with the Clipps the first time... He straightened up and became a solid player... I know LO has since fell off but that's now... So my question is really do you think 1) Beasley is at the turning point or is he still a dipshit who thinks he can continue down this path...2) would Kobe's influence be enough to turn this guy into what people thought he could be... Kobe was great for guys like Shannon Brown, Sasha Vujacic, Trevor Ariza and Jordan Farmar... But all those players "wanted it" if you know what I'm saying... A one year non-guaranteed league min. offer wouldn't hurt IMO... But Hammerdown might ban us all if we did sign him...:lol:

His talent is intriguing, but his history so far isn't very impressive. I agree that a non-guaranteed 1 year deal would be the way to go. This team, as currently constructed, isn't winning any titles anyway. So, sign him to the 1 year non-guaranteed and if he starts to live up to his potential, he's a great find off of the scrap heap. If he doesn't, then there's really nothing lost!!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Beasley is going to happen. They just signed Shawne Williams, a 6'9" forward who had his best season with D'Antoni in New York. He shot 40% from deep, so he can stretch things out. They are also looking into Xavier Henry (blah). Beasley doesn't look to be on the Lakers radar. I have a feeling he signs where he can get paid the most anyway.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Beasley is going to happen. They just signed Shawne Williams, a 6'9" forward who had his best season with D'Antoni in New York. He shot 40% from deep, so he can stretch things out. They are also looking into Xavier Henry (blah). Beasley doesn't look to be on the Lakers radar. I have a feeling he signs where he can get paid the most anyway.

He probably would... I would only want a guy who knows he needs to step it up and was asking for Kobe to take him under his wing... Otherwise let somebody else deal with the headache... He needs to realize how easily it can change for him if he doesn't start to get it... NBA and any pro sport really, you can't just let your talent carry you or eventually it will fail you...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm not sure he would work in Miami... He has the mind set of the #1 type guy on the court but doesn't put enough in to be that and I think that when he gets bumped down it affects his game... He has to turn that potential into reality or he will never make it and time is ticking...:noidea:

I know Beasley won't be back with the Heat.
The Heat won't sign anyone not willing to sacrifice or of high locker room character.
He would have no role on this team.

As far as the Lakers, their roster this season is pretty much thrown together with several 1 year players.
Beasley has more upside then anyone they signed this summer, so why not take a shot?

If it works, he could become a nice asset down the road.
If it doesn't, nothing lost.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, the Lakers situation lends itself to signing someone like Beasley (as well as few of the others they have signed). They aren't going to be winning the title this year and they have a ton of money coming off the books next year.

I like what they're doing. Signing guys who have shown some ability but who are basically playing for their NBA lives to 1 year "make it or break it" type deals. Beasley would be a good addition on that kind of a deal. The guys that show they can play can be re-signed and/or traded for assets and the guys that don't make it get cut loose!!

There is something to be said for a guy playing to save his career!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been awhile since anyone said it, but isn't it about time someone said fuck those piece of shit Miami Heat fans? - lmao

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys that show they can play can be re-signed and/or traded for assets \

And thats what the Lakers need to do for sure. Try to gather some assets versus just giving them away

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys that show they can play can be re-signed and/or traded for assets \

And thats what the Lakers need to do for sure. Try to gather some assets versus just giving them away

I believe that's why they are signing guys to 1 year and 2 year deals. If they pan out, keep 'em or trade 'em and if they don't.....no loss and send them packing. Either way, they have a ton of money coming off the books to go after free agents!!

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is there are any exciting free agents

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the one exciting FA is Lebron, but thats about it . Do you think they will spend to the limit on so so vets?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the one exciting FA is Lebron, but thats about it . Do you think they will spend to the limit on so so vets?

I expect that the Lakers will put together as attractive an offer for Lebron as possible. If he chooses not to join the Lakers (I think he stays in Miami), then I think they will grab a couple of solid vets and save the cap space for the next free agent market.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see Lebron or Carmelo going anywhere. The other top FA aren't anything to get excited about. I doubt that the Lakers offer max contracts to players such as Deng or Granger. and they shouldn't. There may be a younger player (smaller contract) that makes sense though. I think the 2015 FA class will provide better opportunities. Kevin Love will be in a Lakers uniform then.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is Kobist's father. Word.

I don't think so, you need to go down to Hollywood and get yourself a woman(or man if that's your preference) and stop those wet dreams of yours:laugh3:

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 is a logical argument for finding value in fa market. We are starting to see things clearly

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 is a logical argument for finding value in fa market. We are starting to see things clearly

I've been saying that for a long time. Quit acting like you are better than everybody and have a better understanding of what is going on. You don't.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rule, you having a bad day?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I just didn't appreciate your condescending post.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just happy to see some sincere logic being applied . When I first brought these issues up a few years ago with lakers posters I was ridiculed to no end. The post CBA era is here .

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to bump this up so we can keep it going here

Status
Not open for further replies.