• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers put the smack down on GS

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle is a hard player to think of a comp for. I really go back and forth on him and what his ceiling will be a lot....it really all depends on him developing a right hand and reliable jumper and some defensive ability- bigs take a while though to get a full game.

This might not make sense,

But he is like a 2016 more athletic, unpolished version of Zach Randolph.

I say 2016 because he is more of a perimeter guy than a post player. No such thing as a post up 4 anymore.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I say 2016 because he is more of a perimeter guy than a post player. No such thing as a post up 4 anymore.
hes not nearly as big as randolph is...randolph is a load...all thoug hmaybe that will come...i think Randle is a little quicker too......i really did actually think of randolph too before that post as hes one of the closer guys- but i still dont think its a great comp.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, no one wants to give the Lakers defense even just a little bit of credit? The bigs were trapping hard on screens. The defense was contending shots and getting in passing lanes. It wasn't just Golden State simply missing shots.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, no one wants to give the Lakers defense even just a little bit of credit? The bigs were trapping hard on screens. The defense was contending shots and getting in passing lanes. It wasn't just Golden State simply missing shots.

The sheer volume of open looks the Warriors missed, says that the Lakers defense wasn't nearly that great on contesting shots. There was one time where Klay missed 3 wide open looks in a row. Passing lanes, yes they played them very well. This contributed to the Warriors turning it over so much.

The Warriors got outworked and outhustled yesterday. Plain and simple.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also my thoughts on Randle is that he doesn't need the mid range shot nearly as much as he needs to develop a right hand. He's too predictable now, which makes him extremely easy to guard. He has all the physical tools, but when he plays, he's like a bull in a china shop. He needs to work on his game from inside-out. Zach Randolph is an easy comparison, but I really don't think the two play alike. Randle is a superior athlete. He's really explosive and if he could handle the ball better, his strength, quickness and agility would allow him to get to the basket at will. He needs to develop a right hand so that he can not only finish with it at the rim, but to add much needed versatility to his game.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sheer volume of open looks the Warriors missed, says that the Lakers defense wasn't nearly that great on contesting shots. There was one time where Klay missed 3 wide open looks in a row. Passing lanes, yes they played them very well. This contributed to the Warriors turning it over so much.

The Warriors got outworked and outhustled yesterday. Plain and simple.

Sheer volume of open looks is a bit much. They missed some but the Lakers were getting out on them too. The Lakers were working hard on defense, really for the first time all season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also my thoughts on Randle is that he doesn't need the mid range shot nearly as much as he needs to develop a right hand. He's too predictable now, which makes him extremely easy to guard. He has all the physical tools, but when he plays, he's like a bull in a china shop. He needs to work on his game from inside-out. Zach Randolph is an easy comparison, but I really don't think the two play alike. Randle is a superior athlete. He's really explosive and if he could handle the ball better, his strength, quickness and agility would allow him to get to the basket at will. He needs to develop a right hand so that he can not only finish with it at the rim, but to add much needed versatility to his game.
yah Randle is almost closer to like a Draymond but just not nearly as skilled- but probably a better athlete......its hard to find a comp for randle it really is. A young JJ Hickson comes to mind in certain ways but i think Randle has a much higher ceiling.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He needs to develop both the right hand and the outside shot. He'll struggle long term without both. It's more important for him to develop the outside shot than the right hand though. Defenses will continue to lag off of him if he can't hit the mid range elbow shots.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheer volume of open looks is a bit much. They missed some but the Lakers were getting out on them too. The Lakers were working hard on defense, really for the first time all season.

Agree that the Lakers were getting out on them, disagree that it's the first time they worked hard on defense all season. I'd say that this is the first time that they communicated well on defense all season. They've actually been pretty good on ball defenders, but get lost when the ball starts moving.

Upsets like the one the Lakers pulled off are never the result of 1 thing. It's never just the better team played bad or the worse team played over their heads. It's always a combination of factors. In this case, the Lakers played the best game they've played at both ends of the floor all season. GSW played arguably their worst game at both ends all season. Some of it was what the Lakers did (moving the ball well on offense, communicating well on defense) and some of it was GSW having "one of those games."

Also, playing well defensively helps create some of those misses on wide open looks because players try to rush their shot or are shooting from a different spot on the floor than they like.

What I was most impressed by with the Lakers was they had an answer every time the Warriors tried to make a run. Haven't seen that a lot this year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah Randle is almost closer to like a Draymond but just not nearly as skilled- but probably a better athlete......its hard to find a comp for randle it really is. A young JJ Hickson comes to mind in certain ways but i think Randle has a much higher ceiling.

I can see the Draymond comparison on the offensive end. The two things that make Green great are his defense and leadership. Randle has a long way to go in those areas.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to develop both the right hand and the outside shot. He'll struggle long term without both. It's more important for him to develop the outside shot than the right hand though. Defenses will continue to lag off of him if he can't hit the mid range elbow shots.

Randle reminds me of a young Amare Stoudemire. Both were physical specimens who relied upon their athletic ability to do damage. Their first step was the biggest weapon and with more handle I think could be Randle's too.

You and I agree on what he needs, just not what he needs first. Randle doesn't have to become a pick and pop player over night. But with more work on his handle, he can immediately become a successful mid-post threat. Right now, you don't want him relying on a jumpshot if they double the ball when he's involved in a P&R. You want him to use his explosiveness and athleticism going to the rim. If he could finish with both hands that's great.

If he could get a decent handle, there's not many 4's or 5's who would be able to stay in front of him. Even if they do sag off him, he could attack the hoop in a variety of ways.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle is a hard player to think of a comp for. I really go back and forth on him and what his ceiling will be a lot....it really all depends on him developing a right hand and reliable jumper and some defensive ability- bigs take a while though to get a full game.

I remember you liked him in the draft.

So, we talked about him a few times.

I think I like the Derrick Coleman comparison, minus the fucked up attitude.

I think Randle will have a better career because he has a higher motor.

Coleman didn't care enough to be great.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle reminds me of a young Amare Stoudemire. Both were physical specimens who relied upon their athletic ability to do damage. Their first step was the biggest weapon and with more handle I think could be Randle's too.

You and I agree on what he needs, just not what he needs first. Randle doesn't have to become a pick and pop player over night. But with more work on his handle, he can immediately become a successful mid-post threat. Right now, you don't want him relying on a jumpshot if they double the ball when he's involved in a P&R. You want him to use his explosiveness and athleticism going to the rim. If he could finish with both hands that's great.

If he could get a decent handle, there's not many 4's or 5's who would be able to stay in front of him. Even if they do sag off him, he could attack the hoop in a variety of ways.

Hmmmm, I like it.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not just with pick and pop actions. The defense is giving him those shots every time he touches the ball. I see more of a young Blake Griffin comparison. He had no outside shot but used his extreme athleticism inside. Randle doesn't have the elevation that Blake does, but similarly uses his strength inside and bullies his way to baskets.

Randle has a great first step, but that is minimized if defenses can slough off of him. Adding some outside touch will force defenses to play him tighter which plays to his advantage on the drive.

He'll be a tough cover if he develops both to go along with a strong left handle/finish. He'll always be somewhat hindered by his t-rex arms though. It's hard for him to finish inside against NBA length.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember you liked him in the draft.

So, we talked about him a few times.

I think I like the Derrick Coleman comparison, minus the fucked up attitude.

I think Randle will have a better career because he has a higher motor.

Coleman didn't care enough to be great.

He's relentless on the glass. He just doesn't give up and can really bully people inside.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has some things to work on and this is the part that a lot fans don't understand. These players will work each summer on different aspects of their game and learn how to do things that they don't have time in the regular season. That's why it's a couple of years before you see the polished players

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
without a doubt their defense was spectacular!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Lakers here's your trophy for beating the Warriors...

:first:

I'm outta here...

:bolt:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Lakers here's your trophy for beating the Warriors...

:first:

I'm outta here...

:bolt:
Well, only 5 other teams out of 29 can say they've been able to do so! So take that witcha!!!!!

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to a Suns game last week against Brooklyn and got tix for $8.

That was like 7 bucks too much.

Do you miss when the Clippers were cheap like that?

I know I do. People used to always give away Clippers tickets. I've been to 3 times as many Clippers games than Lakers games for that reason.