• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers put the smack down on GS

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something tells me that if they win another title this year, they'll probably get over it. :lol:

Even if they win the title, they will always look back at that Lakers regular season game and say, "WTF happened". That will always haunt them even if they go on to win 10 titles and Kobe sitting on the bench will always be in the back of their minds. :laugh3:

Not saying it will happen, but that loss could have changed the Warriors season. Not likely, but shit happens. I'm sure teams will be looking at tape from that game for awhile, bc it wasn't just missed 3's they had a good gameplan.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they win the title, they will always look back at that Lakers regular season game and say, "WTF happened". That will always haunt them even if they go on to win 10 titles and Kobe sitting on the bench will always be in the back of their minds. :laugh3:

Not saying it will happen, but that loss could have changed the Warriors season. Not likely, but shit happens. I'm sure teams will be looking at tape from that game for awhile, bc it wasn't just missed 3's they had a good gameplan.

If they win another title though, the reflection will be them laughing and saying "wtf, can you believe we lost that one?". Plus, as one of the Warriors fans on here pointed out, the Lakers beat them once last year too and that worked out ok.

Now, if they end up 71-11 or exactly at 72-10, it may haunt them a little more. :lol:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Varajeo, he was good player and had toughness but maybe the Cavs dropping him is all the needed. Maybe he was just bad luck for all those years and he will bring GS that bad luck :laugh3:

I like where you're going with this. Varejao has been with the Cavs since LeBron's sophomore year. It all makes sense now. Maybe there's some bad juju in that curly mop of hair.

Please let this be true.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something tells me that if they win another title this year, they'll probably get over it. :lol:
Well if this was the Lakers, we would be saying it was just one game albeit an embarrassing one :lol:. We would be right too, but still it is more fun when it happens to the opponent for a change:pound:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* wonders where all the Russell is a bust talk has gone*

:scratch:

To help his career blossom the Lakers really should trade him to the Celtics for Isaiah Thomas & a draft pick.:hope:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G.S. won't win another game all year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it a couple more years and Russell-Clarkson will be one of the best back courts in the NBA

Could be. I hope Russell has a solid career.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they win another title though, the reflection will be them laughing and saying "wtf, can you believe we lost that one?". Plus, as one of the Warriors fans on here pointed out, the Lakers beat them once last year too and that worked out ok.

Now, if they end up 71-11 or exactly at 72-10, it may haunt them a little more. :lol:

In fact, I have said regular season games mean nothing when comparing matchups in the playoffs. The Lakers lost to Orlando every regular season game in the 2008-9 season and then won easily in the finals. The regular season games some times are time badly for the better teams and that forces them to lose. I've always felt that the NBA does that intentionally to help the lesser teams win a few more games.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Developing Into A Star

Interesting video about his development

Exactly....the kid has been on a tear lately.

Pg is the most competitive position in the NBA.

Thinking he was gonna have immediate success against the Currys, Westbrook, Wall's and Paul's is ridiculous.

This is not a Anthony Bennett situation.

The kid just needed the time and opportunity to adjust to the pro game.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the future is certainly bright. As for Russell, I'm happy with his progression, and I always thought the bust talk was ridiculous. Game by game, I see him turning more into that slightly overconfident player that he was at Ohio st

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* glances at calendar to see if it's December 31st *

After what the Lakers did to the Warriors I think L.A. can sneak into the playoffs & then shock G.S. in the 1st round. Why the hell not, right?:noidea:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so sick of this "Dubs" shit. :gaah:

All it does is set the bandwagon fan alert off.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time ever that a .190 team beat a .90 + team in NBA history. I would sure hate to be the Warriors with that dubious honor, but they missed a lot of shots and the Lakers hit theirs
Well what can they say, they're making all kinds of history this season! :dhd:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to what I read - the Warriors chances of beating the Bulls records dropped from 67% to 45% and had the Warriors won, that percentage of beating the Bulls record would have been up to 72%. Now the most losses the Warriors can afford to lose in order to beat that record is three. Every team in the NBA is going to now be painting a huge target on their backs - That is going to be really tough imo
Yea but their priority is to stay healthy for the playoffs. If they're able to break the record in the process then great. If not, it doesn't change anything for them in terms of seeding for the playoffs. The only thing that would change that is if they lose more than the Spurs during the final stretch. And honestly, the way that Pop rests his guys during the last couple of weeks I wouldn't count on that. Not saying it can't happen, just that I wouldn't count on it happening.