• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers Celtics 30 for 30

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would happen in the age of twitter if Magic missed 2 free throws up 2-1 in game 4 at home as he did in the first finals with Boston.

Can you imagine if Lebron in any of his NBA finals?

Would love to see the reaction of LeBron (or Green, Durant or many other players) if they were exposed to some of the hard fouls of that era. The current players go nuts even when someone bumps them or says the wrong words.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see the reaction of LeBron (or Green, Durant or many other players) if they were exposed to some of the hard fouls of that era. The current players go nuts even when someone bumps them or says the wrong words.

I think their reaction would be fine. If you grew up in the era then it wouldn't bother you much because you're used to it. Just like if those guys from the 80's were playing now and grew up in this era then they would probably act very similar to those guys you mention.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those Boston/Philly series were good stuff also. For Boston to come back from a 3-1 deficit in b2b years was impressive. Too bad they could not seal the deal the 2nd time around

That was probably the best playoff series I ever watched. Incredible series.

But the 1984 Finals was great too and probably saved the NBA.

This was a awesom 30 for 30. So far Parts 1 and 2 are all about the Celtics.

Part 3 is Lakers payback time.. :(

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would happen in the age of twitter if Magic missed 2 free throws up 2-1 in game 4 at home as he did in the first finals with Boston.

Can you imagine if Lebron in any of his NBA finals?

A.) Magic caught plenty of grief for that. Obviously not as much as if twitter existed, but he caught plenty. Called him Tragic Johnson, etc.

B.) How about we have one thread without Lebron in it?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minus some differences, the Warriors are more like those Showtime Lakers than I ever realized.

Their offense is basically the Showtime Lakers offense with emphasis on the 3 instead of the post.

The people who say the Cavs/Warriors dominance over the league is just like Boston/LA are flat wrong.

It's actually fairly similar. The only real difference is that there were more legit threats, especially in the East, than there are now.

Magic is criminally underrated

Can't really buy this. He's ranked anywhere from #1 to #3 all time on pretty much everyone's all time list.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A.) Magic caught plenty of grief for that. Obviously not as much as if twitter existed, but he caught plenty. Called him Tragic Johnson, etc.

I don't think B is possible.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had no idea Pat Riley was a color commentator before becoming the Lakers coach lol.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And lastly, after watching the inside of what went on in 84 Finals, I take back everything I've said about any other Finals being the best Finals in NBA history

That finals was crazy. Unbelievably dramatic. The only one I can think of that is up there with '84 is the Spurs/Heat finals that went 7.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol Could you imagine teams and the leagues reaction if that McHale clothesline on Rambis happened today? People would be wanting that player suspended longer than Ron Artest was for going into the stands.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think their reaction would be fine. If you grew up in the era then it wouldn't bother you much because you're used to it. Just like if those guys from the 80's were playing now and grew up in this era then they would probably act very similar to those guys you mention.

Agree. If you "hot tun time machined" players from today to the 80's and that happened, then yes, they would probably have quite a reaction.

But if you grew up with the game being played that way...you don't really react to it because you're used to it.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perhaps you are rt (we will never really know). I have my doubts that guys like Lambeer, Mahorn & Oakley would modify their games much to adjust to this era - maybe they would over time once they were constantly ejected, suspended and fined.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't usually agree with Broussard but he is dead on here.

the problem is, those guys didnt defer...they took the shot. lebron defers,...hes petrified of missing a late and clutch shot.
those guys werent afraid.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem is, those guys didnt defer...they took the shot. lebron defers,...hes petrified of missing a late and clutch shot.
those guys werent afraid.

This is false. Lebron is not petrified. If he is double and he has a wide open shooter, he is going to make the better basketball play

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea Pat Riley was a color commentator before becoming the Lakers coach lol.

Yeah, the press conference at the time was surreal. Dr. Buss originally hired Pat Riley and Jerry West as co-head coaches because Riles had zero head coaching experience.

Literally, during the press conference, The Logo realized that co-head coaches wasn't going to work. So when it was his turn to speak, he got up and said that Pat Riley is the Head Coach and he would be assisting him. Dr. Buss was a little caught off guard by that. lol

Just shows how truly smart (and humble) Jerry West actually is.