• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LA vs NJ SCF: Pre-Series Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We've got a while until Game 1 so I figured we'd start one of these up in advance.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a Final between a couple of teams who are much better than their seed would indicate.

Thankfully the media isn't giving the Devils much of a chance which is a plus for us. The Kings could be a bit rusty with having over a full week off. The Devils need to come out and take the first game. The Kings are 8-0 on the road, so they're due for a few lackluster road games.

Both teams are solid all around to be honest. I think the Kings have a size advantage while the Devils have a speed advantage. Devils must stay out of the box, especially with the offense the Kings have. Just play Devils hockey!

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Couple of other interesting things to note:

- Kings PP has not been good this post season.
- Devils PP has been similar to regular season totals.
- Kings were shorthanded the most times of any Western playoff team during the regular season. They'll take penalties if we play our game.
- People are saying they have more "depth" than we do, but I'm not buying that for a second. In fact, I don't think either of their bottom two lines stack up against us, and I believe that our first line is better, second lines are a wash.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree with that last statement MC.

Its like people havent even watched our 4th line out there this postseason..not to mention DeBoer makeshifts lines like a madman whenever we need a push. The game winners from the past 2 games were both scored by lines that dont play together that often during the game. That says something about our depth and chemistry for sure.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to drop in and say congrats and good luck to you bastards. You guys truly shut the critics up. Awesome underdog story being played out.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to drop in and say congrats and good luck to you bastards. You guys truly shut the critics up. Awesome underdog story being played out.

Why thank you Jeff, I also wanna apologize for our earlier feud. This team had riven me crazy all season trying to figure us out, last series I finally said screw it I can't am just going to be a fan, root us on and hope and we're here!!!!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Win game 1 would be huge. Put some doubt in the kings. The team hasn't had to face much adversity in all playoffs. Hell they never trailed in a series yet. Who knows how they will react being down 1-0.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win game 1 would be huge. Put some doubt in the kings. The team hasn't had to face much adversity in all playoffs. Hell they never trailed in a series yet. Who knows how they will react being down 1-0.

x2

Put them in chase mode for once. Don't let them feel in control. Taking 2 at home would be HUGE

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
See the this following the same layout as the stars series. Except this time we do it right in 5

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See the this following the same layout as the stars series. Except this time we do it right in 5

Agree 100% Cup... I think this is likening to the Stars series as well... it will be a tough series, but I think we will win in 5 or 6 at the most. The Kings are not use to a team that plays the style we do, and all 4 lines can roll and score... Our forecheck will give them hell all series long and wear them down.... take game one at home and we will see where it goes from there....

We beat them in the regular season, but that was back in October... one was a shootout win (2-1) I think, the other was a 3-0 shutout....

LETS GO DEVILS!!!! YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!! 12/16!!!!

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope ye guys win sirs :rockon:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to say we're the most complete team(all around) the Kings would face.

Other than good goaltending by Smith(which they still beat) i think our Devils are more defensive than the others by a long shot....

BEAT LA!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah look who they beat to get here...all the teams had goalie issues. the canuks and we know about lunogo in the playofs..plus that team on paper is just a mess even with the presidents trophy. the blues who and craig anderson? mightve been a different story if it was halak in net. and the yotes who had zero offense and mike smiths breakout season?

i think if the kings faced the preds they might wouldve had a def harder matchup if at all getting through them. the preds are the most like devils team imo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its scary to me how confident I am in the Devs right now..havent felt this way since probably 03 against the Ducks. Figured we'd rid them in 5 and they surprised me so I also fully expect the Kings to battle hardcore.

But everything you said about the Kings opponents so far is right Cup..doesnt take away from their accomplishment but they have seen nothing close to 4 lines that can score and nothing close to 2 players like Kovy and Parise.

It will be interesting to see how they fair against em..and also how they fair 3000 miles away from home.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah look who they beat to get here...all the teams had goalie issues. the canuks and we know about lunogo in the playofs..plus that team on paper is just a mess even with the presidents trophy. the blues who and craig anderson? mightve been a different story if it was halak in net. and the yotes who had zero offense and mike smiths breakout season?

i think if the kings faced the preds they might wouldve had a def harder matchup if at all getting through them. the preds are the most like devils team imo

You mean Elliott :p

And while he had a hell of a year he looked horrible in that series.
Let's not kid ourselves the kings deserve to be here.
However I agree that I just wasn't that afraid of Vancouver and once Schneider was in net that series was a lot closer.
St Louis I still think is a step away personel-wise. Their forward depth just wasn't up to par.
Phoenix is funny because they played very ell (just like st. Louis) within a set system, got by despite typically being heavily outshot in every round, and mike smith didn't falter, but you saw this round, just like Lundquist you can only ride a goalie with little to no support for so long.

I do believe LA is going to give us fits but I also keep hearing how LA is so much bigger. Meanwhile the average weight on each team is only 2 lbs different. I trust our forward depth and if our d and Marty for that matter can continue quick transitions off the dump in out of our zone we should be good to go

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The only guy I worry about is richards...he is good and plays a rough physical game. Even though the kings pp is bad they are loaded with talent. Dont want to see what devil pk shows up? Florida series or flyers series?

Also think that dustin brown is going to be in martys face all series long hopefully he doesnt get rattled...i do believe Marty has to realize he has a great shot at plagoffs mvp if we win the cup hopefully that motivates him to get it done!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also the two teams are last and next to last in faceoffs. Would be nice to start ownijg some teams there

Status
Not open for further replies.