• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

La Canfora: Deal for Alex Smith "effectively complete"

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like 2 2nd round picks if thats what everyone else is hearing??? Seems like a good deal for the Niners and pretty much what I figured it would take. Not giving up a top 15 NFL QB for a 5th rounder or whatever.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like 2 2nd round picks if thats what everyone else is hearing??? Seems like a good deal for the Niners and pretty much what I figured it would take. Not giving up a top 15 NFL QB for a 5th rounder or whatever.

ANYTHING above a 4th would have been spectacular for Smith. His actual value is probably somewhere between a 4th & being released - This is a testimony NOT to Smith being a so-called top-15 QB, it is a testimony to how amazingly shitty the QB market is this year.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This trade could have so many effect (chain reaction / cause effect) that will impact us now and forever. An immediate indirect effect is that the Chiefs will not draft a QB with the #1 overall pick, which means Geno Smith can land in Arizona and build a great offense over there with Fitz and Floyd. The extra 2nd round pick could be an immediate impact player depending on the player that drops to us. Hopefully we trade it for a future first. Something tells me though at the end of it all we will end up with two (2) first round picks in this year's draft. The 2nd round pick (34th overall), and our very own 2nd round pick is more than enough for us to move in the late mid/late teens to get an "impact" player IMO.

Like Cassell winding up in Arizona. :lol:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANYTHING above a 4th would have been spectacular for Smith. His actual value is probably somewhere between a 4th & being released - This is a testimony NOT to Smith being a so-called top-15 QB,amazingly shitty the QB it is a testimony to how market is this year.

???? Thought that didnt matter??? LOL :) Its OK if I am right sometimes B. We can still be friends. You got to be right on Kaep so we will call it even.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???? Thought that didnt matter??? LOL :) Its OK if I am right sometimes B. We can still be friends. You got to be right on Kaep so we will call it even.

LMAO!! Did the supply of shitty QB's suddenly change? Didn't think so. Keep trying kid eventually you will get something correct.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm having a hard time believing this is real. WTF? I hope it's true. The Chiefs are basically giving up a late 1st round pick for Alex Smith. LMAO. We probably would've cut Smith if we didn't find a trade partner.

No they are not. They are giving up a 2nd round pick.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas City is the perfect landing spot for Smith. I wish him success.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you lost?

Here let me break my post down to a more understandable statement - Again.

"You do realize we can't force teams to be interested in Smith - right?"

Correct interpretation of this statement is this: If there is no interest in Smith then Smith has no value. Thus, how shitty the QB's in league are is of no consequence to Smith's value.

LOL, you were saying again??? Damn it B even when you are going against what you JUST SAID YESTERDAY you are still amazingly adamant about being right.... I like stubborn though so its OK.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, you were saying again??? Damn it B even when you are going against what you JUST SAID YESTERDAY you are still amazingly adamant about being right.... I like stubborn though so its OK.

LMAO!! Did the supply of shitty QB's suddenly change? Didn't think so. Keep trying kid eventually you will get something correct.

Learn to read DB!

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Learn to read DB!

Have no clue what you are saying. Yesterday I said Niner fans should be severely unhappy with getting anything less than 2 quality picks for Smith because the level of play in the NFL at QB was reallly bad right now and Smith was a top half QB.

You said the level of QB play in the NFL had NOTHING TO DO with Smiths value. Yet today you claim that the level of shitty QB play in the NFL is the only reason the Niners got what they got ( which is the exact thing I said yesterday). Yet somehow I wasnt right??? Ok man. Got it. LOL.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good value trade for both teams. Alex is a proven QB in the top half of the league. The Raiders gave up way more for Carson Palmer just a few years ago and he was coming off knee surgery and nearly sitting out an entire season. Also consider what teams give up for backup QB's in the NFL and the Chiefs are getting a good deal to only be giving up a 2nd round pick this year and possibly a 2nd or 3rd next year.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Solid man. Jeez, even when provided with your own words you still cant own up to being wrong.

yesterday - Cant force someone to be interested in Smith and the level of QB play in the league right now has nothing to do with his value

Today - Level of shitty play at QB in the league is the reason we got such a good deal.

- Try and twist it however you want man but those are your words not mine. I could provide quotes but everyone here can read and they know the deal.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, he is going to get destroyed in KC. He didn't become a decent QB until the 49ers surrounded him with talent. KC has 1 RB, a decent wideout and that's pretty much it. Expect a ton of sacks and ints. If they think he's going to go in there and turn the team around they are sadly mistaken.