• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

L.A. Times: All the LeBron James hype hasn't lived up to reality for Lakers

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a whole lot of words that have nothing to do what I said.

Lebron played all 82 games last year. The Cavs won 50. Do you honestly think they win 50 games if he missed 18 like ha has so far this year?

They actually won more games the years lebron sat out more...So maybe...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They actually won more games the years lebron sat out more...So maybe...

Lol

They also had Kyrie the years Lebron sat out more.

Nor did they overturn half their roster mid-season the years Lebron sat out more.

So, no.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic should make the move that AD and Lebron want with a little twist. Lebron for AD

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic should make the move that AD and Lebron want with a little twist. Lebron for AD

Thats what i said. If the Lakers signed just AD and not Lebron that is still a successful move...Problem is they gave up Russell, Clarkson and Randle

I bet they would have had a better record too

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the true lebron everyone would have saw if he didn’t ring chase joining multiple all stars multiple times.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats what i said. If the Lakers signed just AD and not Lebron that is still a successful move...Problem is they gave up Russell, Clarkson and Randle

Not so sure about that.

First off, they Lakers couldn't just sign AD. AD wasn't a free agent, so they would have had to trade for him. Those moves were made to create cap space to sign Lebron and another max level guy.

At the time, they didn't know he had any interest in joining them as he didn't change agents until after those moves had been made and they had already signed Lebron.

If they had known before the other moves were made, then maybe they are able to put together a trade package that gets them AD.

As for a better record, not so sure about that.

Unlike Lebron, AD can't just take over the offense, so while he still has a big impact on the game because he's a top 5 player...it's easier for Lebron to impact the game because he can take over running the offense.

Also, Lebron has missed 18 games and AD has missed 14. Assuming he missed the same number of games playing for the Lakers as he has for the Pels, I doubt the Lakers have a better record than they do now.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But they fleeced the Cavs giving us Nance and Clarkson as it allowed them enough to sign a second star last offseason.

wait.....what?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they fleeced the Cavs giving us Nance and Clarkson as it allowed them enough to sign a second star last offseason.

wait.....what?
Nance has been playing some good ball lately....

and Clarkson has been playing some solid ball all season- def. his best year as a pro.

I dont know if the Cavs have any intention of resigning him- but if they dont- hes gonna be a helluva asset at the trade deadline next year- he will def. be able to bring back a back-end first rounder by himself as an expiring contract that can score like that- esp. at his age and that the team trading for him would have his Bird Rights.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nance has been playing some good ball lately....

and Clarkson has been playing some solid ball all season- def. his best year as a pro.

I dont know if the Cavs have any intention of resigning him- but if they dont- hes gonna be a helluva asset at the trade deadline next year- he will def. be able to bring back a back-end first rounder by himself as an expiring contract that can score like that- esp. at his age and that the team trading for him would have his Bird Rights.
I don't say this wanting to lose him, just in thought......would love to see what Nance could do on a team like GS. Cannot imagine he could not give them what Green gives them (without the fake toughguy persona). He's become a decent playmaker.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean LeBron LeBron from the Los Angeles LeBrons of the National LeBron League is a disappointment?

Say it ain't so!!!

Holy shit is that true or what.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like James but picking him up was like putting a band aid on a gaping wound. It won't stop the bleeding and will cause an infection.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the true lebron everyone would have saw if he didn’t ring chase joining multiple all stars multiple times.

LeBron ring chased once.

He went back to Cleveland to join a 35 win team with potential and a few tradeable assets.