• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Lowe "If recovery from IT's various hip ailments, including a bone bruise, does not proceed smoothly, there is a chance Thomas would miss most of the 2017-18 season, sources say."

i gotta admit, as CLE, I don't know if I could take that risk.

You are all in with Lebron this year.

I just don' think I could take that gamble.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would be interesting...it would improve the Cavs for this year and next year over having just kyrie.

long term its much worse than having the brooklyn pick or kyrie irving---- but- shit--- going full throttle and trying to win for the next couple years while LeBron is in his prime is not a bad way to go.

lets just say hypothetically it goes down:

PG- Bledsoe
SG- Middleton
SF- LeBron
PF- Love
C- TT

bench- JR, Korver, Rose, Frye, Green

that all of a sudden is a pretty rugged defensive lineup- and still has plenty of offense.

On the other hand it would be kind of humurous that Kyrie would go to maybe the only other team in the league where 1 player's shadow is bigger than the rest.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. And the Celtics trained medical staff, who are required to be forthright with the team, who are then required to be forthright with the league, missed this "blown off toe" Right? Sounds legit.
both teams have adverse interests. It can only be assumed that the side trying to trade a guy, and the side trading for a guy are going to stake out claims to the most reasonable positions that can be defended.

between those 2 positions there will definitely be wiggle room- especially on such a complicated injury as Thomas has- and his propensity to get the shit beat out of him going to the rim and the ground at 5'9".

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thats the problem. I like the deal. I really do- but if there is a material chance Thomas needs surgery you just cant do it. It sucks. It really does.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, it just depends on what the actual truth is. One source here says the opposite of one source over there.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both teams have adverse interests. It can only be assumed that the side trying to trade a guy, and the side trading for a guy are going to stake out claims to the most reasonable positions that can be defended.

between those 2 positions there will definitely be wiggle room- especially on such a complicated injury as Thomas has- and his propensity to get the shit beat out of him going to the rim and the ground at 5'9".

Yep, and keep in mind that this injury is one where doctors will often disagree on whether surgery should happen.

Some will say that to avoid re-occurring issues, surgery is the best route (6-9 month recovery)

Other doctors will say to avoid surgery at all cost.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand it would be kind of humurous that Kyrie would go to maybe the only other team in the league where 1 player's shadow is bigger than the rest.
knowing how spiteful DG is - im just glad the Cavs arent allowed to make a trade with like a Chinese team. lol.

Kyrie Irving- the King of Guangdong Province!

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know what I think? The Cavs freaked when their own medical staff told them EXACTLY what the Celtics medical staff said. Which is IT has a bad hip, that while it doesn't require surgery, would be better off with it.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what I think? The Cavs freaked when their own medical staff told them EXACTLY what the Celtics medical staff said. Which is IT has a bad hip, that while it doesn't require surgery, would be better off with it.

That's possible. And if that's the case, Celtics FO has every right to be frustrated at the Cavs. But, the Cavs also have every right to make use of the full week and the option to void if they choose to.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, no idea who Rich Jensen is, but I can tell just by looking at that headline that he isn't a real journalist.
"maybe if i put the letters WOJ in the title people wont think i live in my moms basement and work at a call center selling sham-wow's!"

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or maybe they had a week to think about it and wanted to do as much due dilligence as possible with the time they had...

that and i am sure Dan G and LeBron are not exactly upset about seeing Kyrie twist in the wind. lol

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

is that your neighbor that wrote that?
Full disclosure: it was written by someone who runs a C's fan blog.

So, yeah, biased source.

He makes a hell of an argument, though... really breaks it down... take all of the motions over the past week together, Cleveland looks pretty bad.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full disclosure: it was written by someone who runs a C's fan blog.

So, yeah, biased source.

He makes a hell of an argument, though... really breaks it down... take all of the motions over the past week together, Cleveland looks pretty bad.
Joe Vardon‏Verified account @joevardon

Per a source, as of yesterday afternoon the Cavs had made no request to Boston for more on Kyrie-IT trade

11:06 AM - 28 Aug 2017

Joe Vardon‏Verified account @joevardon

The Cavs never asked Boston for another player. I don't know what else to say, until someone from either side says it happened

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's possible. And if that's the case, Celtics FO has every right to be frustrated at the Cavs. But, the Cavs also have every right to make use of the full week and the option to void if they choose to.
Well whatever happens, I hope we never deal with the Cavs again.