• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Requests Trade from Cavs.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#3, please

giphy.gif

People in Philly are talking about Kyrie for Fultz, Saric, and 1st round pick. I'm actually shocked that any Philly fans would support that since: (a) Kyrie does not play defense and Brett Brown's system requires at least some defensive ability/effort; (b) Fultz, Saric, and the 1st round pick all line up with the 76ers time line for being a contender -- which is probably 2-4 years down the road; (c) Kyrie also lines up with their timeline, except he's an unrestricted free agent in 2 years and could very well leave them empty handed; (d) Kyrie has not expressed any interest in coming to Philly; and (e) Kyrie said he doesn't want to play with LeBron any more and Simmons is supposed to be a point forward in the mold of LeBron.

Either way, I'd consider that an overpay for Kyrie. Hopefully Bryan Colangelo is not stupid enough to try to land Kyrie unless it involves players not named Simmons, Embiid, or Fultz.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

Like Shopson said though, Cousins is a cancer. Jordan is a team player whose strengths complement Davis better than Cousins' do. Good luck scoring in the paint against that team.
See I think it's awesome, especially given his injury history to give AD some rest, and know that Cousins is out there. Plus Cousins can shoot the 3, which when the two are out there together causes fits. Granted it didn't translate to a lot last year, but I really want to see a full season of those two guys.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I think it's awesome, especially given his injury history to give AD some rest, and know that Cousins is out there. Plus Cousins can shoot the 3, which when the two are out there together causes fits. Granted it didn't translate to a lot last year, but I really want to see a full season of those two guys.

They've got the whole offseason to figure stuff out. Honestly, I doubt it will work but I sort of hope it does. I'm tired of being told that the only way to win is to copy the Warriors (not that New Orleans would rival them, but I'd love to see them cause some matchup issues for them).

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Woj, the Spurs, Clips, Suns, Wolves, Knicks, & Heat have all already made offers to the Cavs.

Players with Kyrie's talent don't hit the trading block often, especially under the age of 25 with multiple years left on their deal.

Cavs don't have to be in any hurry at all. If they play this right, they'll get a good offer.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cousins is a selfish player. If he had a completely different personality it could work. Given who he is though, I don't see it. Besides, Cousins and AD have fairly similar skill sets. That doesn't mean it can't work, but both guys need to be willing to sacrifice to make it work. I can't see Cousins sacrificing anything.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've got the whole offseason to figure stuff out. Honestly, I doubt it will work but I sort of hope it does. I'm tired of being told that the only way to win is to copy the Warriors (not that New Orleans would rival them, but I'd love to see them cause some matchup issues for them).

Copying the Warriors isn't the only way to win. I do believe it is the best way to play, but nobody is beating them at their own game, and you certainly aren't doing it without a roster full of talented players 100% committed to team goals. If anybody has a selfish agenda, you don't stand a chance.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People in Philly are talking about Kyrie for Fultz, Saric, and 1st round pick. I'm actually shocked that any Philly fans would support that since: (a) Kyrie does not play defense and Brett Brown's system requires at least some defensive ability/effort; (b) Fultz, Saric, and the 1st round pick all line up with the 76ers time line for being a contender -- which is probably 2-4 years down the road; (c) Kyrie also lines up with their timeline, except he's an unrestricted free agent in 2 years and could very well leave them empty handed; (d) Kyrie has not expressed any interest in coming to Philly; and (e) Kyrie said he doesn't want to play with LeBron any more and Simmons is supposed to be a point forward in the mold of LeBron.

Either way, I'd consider that an overpay for Kyrie. Hopefully Bryan Colangelo is not stupid enough to try to land Kyrie unless it involves players not named Simmons, Embiid, or Fultz.

100% agree. Fultz looks a lot like Kyrie. Not sure what the 6ers gain there and they lose a lot of future flexibility. Give these guys time to grow together.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is a selfish player. If he had a completely different personality it could work. Given who he is though, I don't see it. Besides, Cousins and AD have fairly similar skill sets. That doesn't mean it can't work, but both guys need to be willing to sacrifice to make it work. I can't see Cousins sacrificing anything.
Yea I dont think similar skillets is the issue, people would be pretty excited if NO had two of Anthony Davis. The problem as you said is with Cousins attitude. And if it doesn't work with him it really doubly screws a team, because your theyre only gonna get about 75 cents on the dollar for him in a trade.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I dont think similar skillets is the issue, people would be pretty excited if NO had two of Anthony Davis. The problem as you said is with Cousins attitude. And if it doesn't work with him it really doubly screws a team, because your theyre only gonna get about 75 cents on the dollar for him in a trade.

To be fair though, they paid about 50 cents to get him. Returning 75 might not be terrible.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Kyrie for Dragic and Winslow trade rumor seems pretty fair in my opinion. No problem with it.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Kyrie for Dragic and Winslow trade rumor seems pretty fair in my opinion. No problem with it.

I'd be mad if the Cavs did that. Really think they can do a lot better.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Woj, the Spurs, Clips, Suns, Wolves, Knicks, & Heat have all already made offers to the Cavs.

Players with Kyrie's talent don't hit the trading block often, especially under the age of 25 with multiple years left on their deal.

Cavs don't have to be in any hurry at all. If they play this right, they'll get a good offer.

I don't even know why the Spurs and Knicks are included. They don't have anything to offer. Realistically the Suns should easily pull off something.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be mad if the Cavs did that. Really think they can do a lot better.

It would look better if Winslow didn't loose a season of improving.

Most people value Irving alot more than his talent, but that's fine.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know why the Spurs and Knicks are included. They don't have anything to offer. Realistically the Suns should easily pull off something.

Not a fan of LaMarcus Aldridge at all, but if the Spurs are including Danny Green, it makes it a little more tempting.

I could see a 3-way trade working where the third team takes Aldridge and gives something to the Cavs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Green and DRose are cheap, good additions. If they wait to get a great deal for Kyrie everything will be just fine. They could be better if they wait till midseason...who knows. People are acting like the Cavs are done but you seem to forget they have the best player on the planet STILL. No worries, when it comes down to it Kyrie isnt a perfect fit with Lebron. A deal could help as much as I love Kyrie

Greens okay, but nothing that moves the needle or gets you closer to the Warriors. Rose could be interesting if he can stay healthy (which is a huge if).

They need to be patient on Kyrie, but they can't be too patient. I don't think starting the season with him and waiting until the trade deadline would be a smart move. Not with all of the reports about him and Lebron not liking each other and him now not answering the Cavs calls.

When things get to the point they are reportedly at now...that usually means irreconcilable differences.

I will say though, not trading him before the season starts could be fun. Not really for Cavs fans, but for everyone else. :heh:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just read this story.

This would be such a Clipper thing to do. Trade the only 3 guys on the roster that are willing to play defense for another style, and no substance, guy who's only interest is his personal brand.

Biyombo would foul out of every game before the 2 nd quarter because he chases every shot.

Teodosic is unplayable if Beverly or Rivers isn't on the floor with him. Seriously, this guy can pass the rock. But, he makes * Glances around for @Vyle203 * midget Isiah Thomas look like Kawhi Leonard on the defensive end.

#Vyle203CatNip

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not a good trade. And the Pels just traded for him, maybe they don't want him removed, or view him as a cancer.

They will in time. They need to decide by the trade deadline, as he's a free agent next summer.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read this story.

This would be such a Clipper thing to do. Trade the only 3 guys on the roster that are willing to play defense for another style, and no substance, guy who's only interest is his personal brand.

Biyombo would foul out of every game before the 2 nd quarter because he chases every shot.

Teodosic is unplayable if Beverly or Rivers isn't on the floor with him. Seriously, this guy can pass the rock. But, he makes * Glances around for @Vyle203 * midget Isiah Thomas look like Kawhi Leonard on the defensive end.

#Vyle203CatNip

imagesasddsasd.jpg

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#Vyle203CatNip

2935782-got_game_of_thrones_32609082_500_281.jpg

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read this story.

#Vyle203CatNip

Yikes. Cleveland only gets Fournier and Beverly?

Why is Orlando even in that deal? DJ and Beverly would be a good return for Kyrie.