• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Requests Trade from Cavs.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is for you @Mecca

While Kyrie is probably better than every player on our roster, no thx.

Teodosic and Kyrie would make the most shitacular defensive backcourt in the History of the NBA.

You would need to play Beverly at the same time whenever either of those guys were on the Court.

Plus, No DJ + Blakes T Rex arms = layups and dunks for the other team every time down the floor.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Teodosic and Kyrie would make the most shitacular defensive backcourt in the History of the NBA.

You would need to play Beverly at the same time whenever either of those guys were on the Court.

Plus, No DJ + Blakes T Rex arms = layups and dunks for the other team every time down the floor.

They could bring back the 80s Nuggets though. That could be fun, right?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would be fun on offense but yeah warriors would score 130-140 against them

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
......in the first half....lol

Seriously, Blake, Reed, Teodosic, Gallo and Kyrie...

Good Lord.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could bring back the 80s Nuggets though. That could be fun, right?
Could you imagine either of these guys trying to pick Wall going downhill on a fast break?

How about guarding Dame, Curry, Kemba, Thomas in the backcourt with no Dj for rim protection?

* Logs off to gather myself emotionally *

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Um....

The Pacers would score 130-140 against that team. Warriors could get 160.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you imagine either of these guys trying to pick Wall going downhill on a fast break?

How about guarding Dame, Curry, Kemba, Thomas in the backcourt with no Dj for rim protection?

* Logs off to gather myself emotionally *

Yeah, but they would score like crazy on the other end. I kind of want to see a team try to play that fast in the modern era. That would be the group for it.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but they would score like crazy on the other end. I kind of want to see a team try to play that fast in the modern era. That would be the group for it.

Just pick the don Nelson warriors teams lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh.....there is a team that does it in No Cal and they still manage to play some nifty defense...

Yeah, Clippers might as well be entertaining since we are a 6-8 seed at best.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Kyrie scores is by being one of the best ball handlers and finishers in the league. I agree that he's overrated because of some of his other flaws that get overlooked at times, but Dragic can't do what Kyrie can do, and Dragic is good

However, the end result for personal production is essentially the same, and Dragic doesn't ISO and freeze out his teammates. You don't get extra points for degree of difficulty. Plus, Dragic comes much cheaper. I'd take Dragic and the extra spending money every day over Kyrie.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, the end result for personal production is essentially the same, and Dragic doesn't ISO and freeze out his teammates. You don't get extra points for degree of difficulty. Plus, Dragic comes much cheaper. I'd take Dragic and the extra spending money every day over Kyrie.
The personal production end result for their careers is not essentially the same. They are not the same caliber player, so let's not pretend like they are. There is a reason Dragic comes cheaper, and it's not just one guy is overrated and the other is underrated.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The personal production end result for their careers is not essentially the same. They are not the same caliber player, so let's not pretend like they are. There is a reason Dragic comes cheaper, and it's not just one guy is overrated and the other is underrated.

It kind of is that simple though. Not because Dragic is as athletically gifted as Kyrie, but because they play different styles.

Kyrie is more expensive than Dragic because he's the guy everyone sees on SportCenter highlights. That's part of why he's overrated. He's a tremendous athlete who makes some amazing plays which mask the holes in his game because they are all people see.

Dragic's game is far less flashy and is about making his teammates better which doesn't fill up the stat sheets or draw the attention that Kyrie's style does.

Dragic is a better passer, defender and probably a better pure shooter than Kyrie.

Kyrie is better pure scorer and has slightly better handles than Dragic.

End of the day, they both have pretty equal impact on how their teams win, they just take different routes to get there.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kind of is that simple though. Not because Dragic is as athletically gifted as Kyrie, but because they play different styles.

Kyrie is more expensive than Dragic because he's the guy everyone sees on SportCenter highlights. That's part of why he's overrated. He's a tremendous athlete who makes some amazing plays which mask the holes in his game because they are all people see.

Dragic's game is far less flashy and is about making his teammates better which doesn't fill up the stat sheets or draw the attention that Kyrie's style does.

Dragic is a better passer, defender and probably a better pure shooter than Kyrie.

End of the day, they both have pretty equal impact on how their teams win, they just take different routes to get there.
Yea I've pretty much reached the end of my rope in defending Kyrie. I don't even like him that much.

Did Miami ever offer Dragic and Winslow for him? I'm hearing two different things.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Dragic is the better passer why does Irving average more assists per game for his career? As far as shooting % it's pretty close. Goran: 47.1, 36.3 from downtown & 75.6 from the line. Kyrie: 45.7, 38.3, 87.3. I don't like any players from dook but I'd take Irving over Dragic every time. Plus Kyrie's younger.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I've pretty much reached the end of my rope in defending Kyrie. I don't even like him that much.

Did Miami ever offer Dragic and Winslow for him? I'm hearing two different things.

Conflicting reports. ESPN says Miami offered Dragic and Winslow. Miami came out and said they didn't. It's likely Miami may have probed Cleveland and gauged how they'd feel about that package; until Cleveland said they'd need a boat load more than that. Which Miami then said never mind.

As I've said before, I'll ride with 7-11. You trade Dragic for Irving, you're likely going to have to trade Waiters in December because the two definitely didn't get along in Cleveland. I'd like to say that maybe both players have grown and that the Miami culture could bridge the gap between the two. But I wouldn't hold my breath on that happening.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dragic is the better passer why does Irving average more assists per game for his career? As far as shooting % it's pretty close. Goran: 47.1, 36.3 from downtown & 75.6 from the line. Kyrie: 45.7, 38.3, 87.3. I don't like any players from dook but I'd take Irving over Dragic every time. Plus Kyrie's younger.

Dragic helps set up the offense better than Kyrie does. He's also the (slightly) better defender. Assists numbers don't always tell the whole story. Westbrook averaged double digit assists - but look at his use rate. Kyrie Irving also averaged more jump shots in the regular season than Lebron; so it tells you all you need to know about how high his usage rate is.

Kyrie's the better player. But given how the Heat's structured, I'll ride with Dragic.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kyrie averages more assists because he has the ball more. Dragic is a willing passer who gives the ball up in non assist situations, which facilitates ball movement and team basketball. Kyrie holds the ball until he has a scoring opportunity or he is forced to give it up.

Assists can be a really misleading stat without looking at the context with how they occur.

Lastly, I am not sure what would happen to Cleveland. They might be worse off too, but, if Kyrie were dealt straight up for Dragic, I guarantee it wouldn't make Miami better.