• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Requests Trade from Cavs.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragic helps set up the offense better than Kyrie does. He's also the (slightly) better defender. Assists numbers don't always tell the whole story. Westbrook averaged double digit assists - but look at his use rate. Kyrie Irving also averaged more jump shots in the regular season than Lebron; so it tells you all you need to know about how high his usage rate is.

Kyrie's the better player. But given how the Heat's structured, I'll ride with Dragic.

Kyrie averages more assists because he has the ball more. Dragic is a willing passer who gives the ball up in non assist situations, which facilitates ball movement and team basketball. Kyrie holds the ball until he has a scoring opportunity or he is forced to give it up.

Assists can be a really misleading stat without looking at the context with how they occur.

Lastly, I am not sure what would happen to Cleveland. They might be worse off too, but, if Kyrie were dealt straight up for Dragic, I guarantee it wouldn't make Miami better.

Had pretty much this conversation with @WiggyRuss 2 years ago.
The current way that the Heat is constructed, Dragic is probably the better option.
The second half of last season, the Heat played incredible TEAM basketball.
Kyrie wants big stats and to be the man.
If he ends up on NY, he'll revert to being as relevant as he was pre James in Cleveland.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragic helps set up the offense better than Kyrie does. He's also the (slightly) better defender. Assists numbers don't always tell the whole story. Westbrook averaged double digit assists - but look at his use rate. Kyrie Irving also averaged more jump shots in the regular season than Lebron; so it tells you all you need to know about how high his usage rate is.

Kyrie's the better player. But given how the Heat's structured, I'll ride with Dragic.

I agree that Dragic is better for the Heat than Irving. All I'm saying is I'd rather have Kyrie.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dragic is the better passer why does Irving average more assists per game for his career? As far as shooting % it's pretty close. Goran: 47.1, 36.3 from downtown & 75.6 from the line. Kyrie: 45.7, 38.3, 87.3. I don't like any players from dook but I'd take Irving over Dragic every time. Plus Kyrie's younger.

The age is obviously the big difference, as Kyrie has much more time to improve his game. My point was that you get Dragic PLUS whatever improvements you can get for your team with the extra money it takes to get Kyrie. I would take Dragic and the extra cap space to upgrade elsewhere.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Dragic is better for the Heat than Irving. All I'm saying is I'd rather have Kyrie.

For me, who I'd rather have depends on the team I have. If the team needs a dynamic playmaker who can carry a team with his scoring, then I'm taking Kyrie.

If the team needs a facilitator who makes the "right play" and make his teammates better through his willingness to get the ball to the right guy (even when it doesn't get him an assist), then I want Dragic.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, who I'd rather have depends on the team I have. If the team needs a dynamic playmaker who can carry a team with his scoring, then I'm taking Kyrie.

If the team needs a facilitator who makes the "right play" and make his teammates better through his willingness to get the ball to the right guy (even when it doesn't get him an assist), then I want Dragic.

I agree w/ you.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,021.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Dragic but I seriously think Irving would be great for the Heat. Irving and Whiteside? I think that'd be a sick 1-2 punch.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Dragic but I seriously think Irving would be great for the Heat. Irving and Whiteside? I think that'd be a sick 1-2 punch.

I don't know about that one. The 30-11 run the Heat went on last year was due in large measure to their ball movement and Dragic gets a ton of credit for that.

With Irving you'd definitely have more scoring from the PG position than Dragic provided, but at what cost? Would it really be better if the scoring from that position improved, but the scoring from every other position suffered because the ball was stuck in one guys hands too much?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,021.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind.....Waiters and Irving didn't co-exist very well.....forgot about that.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that one. The 30-11 run the Heat went on last year was due in large measure to their ball movement and Dragic gets a ton of credit for that.

With Irving you'd definitely have more scoring from the PG position than Dragic provided, but at what cost? Would it really be better if the scoring from that position improved, but the scoring from every other position suffered because the ball was stuck in one guys hands too much?

I'm guessing Kyrie is better than Dragic defensively, though. I do think Kyrie is a once in a lifetime type of talent, and I wouldn't be surprised if he rose to the occasion. He basically threw the gauntlet at James' feet. James does have a tendency to blame the team around him when he fails.

Kind of reminds me of the Kobe-Shaq rivalry that was milked for ratings for years. Except, I don't think Kyrie is type of Robin James really wants right now. I think James is getting to a point in his career where he wants to be able to handle the ball less and still get the same type of ball movement.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. It should be telling that the three Heat fans (@bksballer89 , @TurnUpTheHeat and myself) don't want him on our team.

I'm not saying I'm 100% opposed to it.
I don't it's even a serious possibility.
It just depends what we're giving to get.
I moved on from the divas and diva ball 3 summers ago.
It appears Kyrie wants to be that.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe age-wise...:heh:
giphy.gif

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Cavs I think I take that. You get back a couple of 2-way players and have a chance to be a great defensive team.

Beverly/JR/LeBron/Love/DJ
With Korver, Rose, & TT coming off the bench.

We can take out rose but yeah I agree