• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyler Murray to Arizona "A Done Deal"

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Ari trading Rosen is bullshit.
Just dont see it happening (or did they get rid of their GM from last year?)

GM is still there. It would be a huge admission of completely whiffing on Rosen if he did draft Murray but he does have a built in excuse ... with a new offensive system being put into place, is rosen the right type of QB for it?

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GM is still there. It would be a huge admission of completely whiffing on Rosen if he did draft Murray but he does have a built in excuse ... with a new offensive system being put into place, is rosen the right type of QB for it?
The risk of whiffing on back to back 1st round QB's is pretty risky. To me, Murray seems like Mariota.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The risk of whiffing on back to back 1st round QB's is pretty risky. To me, Murray seems like Mariota.

If this coach/system doesn't work he's gone anyway so he has to do everything he can to make Kingsbury a success... personally, I don't think Kingsbury is going to make it so I don't feel it matters who the QB is, but maybe I'm wrong.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am cool with it. Means Bosa falls to #2

Great chance he falls to us regardless. They can take Murray, or they can trade back with some team who needs a QB, which would make a ton of sense....or they can sit there and take Q. Williams - who actually would be a better fit for them anyways.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point it is best to keep him even if you get Murray imo. Rosen hasn't proved he is worth anything better than a 5th and that is being kind. I just don't think it is smart in the first place to take Murray at 1. Could be wrong.
Arizona was so much of a dumpster fire that David Johnson looked awful and we actually have a lot of proof that he isn't. I don't see what Murray is going to do that Rosen didn't. Maybe he can win a couple more games next year and they go 6-10 with a bad oline and no weapons while risking a tiny QB. Not sure thats the pathway to a super bowl.

The 3rd round pick for Rosen is fair. He has the Kirk Cousins problem. Even if he gets better, he is one year closer to a big contract and unless he breaks out next year then he likely wont ever be worthy of a big contract. He could also be the next Goff, though.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still smells like smokescreen...

Kyler Murray apparently didn’t impress all teams at the combine

Casserly started his comments on Murray by saying, “He better hope (Arizona coach) Kliff Kingsbury takes him No. 1 because this was not good.” Apparently Murray didn’t make a good impression at the combine.

“Leadership? Not good. Study habits? Not good. The board work? Below not good,” Casserly said. “Not good at all in any of those areas and raising major concerns about what this guy is going to do.”

But even if Murray is viewed by most teams as a bad leader who doesn’t study well and was unimpressive drawing up plays on the board, it might not matter anyway.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That doesn't seem to paint the full story. Steve Keim was quoted as saying, "John Rosen is our QB right now, for sure." LOL.

While you can interpret statements a variety of ways, the way he said that seems to make me think they are looking to move Rosen which is no surprise. Rosen has a huge lack of work ethic, looked terrible last year, and really doesn't offer any leadership qualities. I think the hope was he'd mature a bit but that didn't appear to be the case. I think he needs to go to an organization with a MUCH more stable coaching system/front office if he's going to be successful.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Casserly started his comments on Murray by saying, “He better hope (Arizona coach) Kliff Kingsbury takes him No. 1 because this was not good.” Apparently Murray didn’t make a good impression at the combine.

“Leadership? Not good. Study habits? Not good. The board work? Below not good,” Casserly said. “Not good at all in any of those areas and raising major concerns about what this guy is going to do.”

But even if Murray is viewed by most teams as a bad leader who doesn’t study well and was unimpressive drawing up plays on the board, it might not matter anyway.

It's difficult with the smoke screens teams throw up. Apparently Gruden/Raiders LOVE Murray, so the Cards may be saying they want to trade Rosen/take Murray so the Raiders will trade up with them. The Cards would love to get out of the #1 spot and the Raiders would likely surrender their other late 1st pick too boot, and the Cards can land Taylor (OL help which is DESPERATELY needed) at #4, or even another edge rusher to pair with Jones.

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right the now, the Cardinals, from top to bottom seems to be a dumpster fire!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's kind of pathetic we are even talking about him at 1. He isn't worthy of that pick or anything close imo. I would take him in mid to late 1st.

Reactions: gob