• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyler Murray to Arizona "A Done Deal"

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You love Bosa. I actually like Allen better.

I 'like' Allen....though I dunno about @ 2. My preference is Bosa.....and I'll be almost as happy with QW. I think it's a noticeable gap after that.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schein seems to think it’s a done deal and he usually knows his stuff

Or AZ is playing the long con and trying to get a team to bite on the draft pick who really want Murray?

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not buying into the rumors. I don't think Murray goes #1, will some other team get antsy and take him top 10-15? It's possible but I wouldn't be surprised if he went late 1st or something around there. A former GM said he heard some of the worst comments he ever got on a top-rated QB. Leadership - below average, study habits - below average, board work - below average.

I am not sure how he will pan out in the NFL but he is a project right now so taking him at 1 doesn't make any sense imo.

Local radio says teams have been trying to compare him to Baker. And he's very different.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So some scout said his height was inflated with no evidence of tampering. To utter the words of our commander-in-chief...

Fake News
Would you take a third from the Fins for Rosen if they inquired?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...-crushes-kyler-murray/?utm_term=.1f20158e4769

Just when it seemed that Kyler Murray had been anointed the heavy favorite to go No. 1 overall in April’s NFL draft, along came Charley Casserly. The NFL Network analyst and former general manager on Tuesday delivered a scathing summary of Murray’s performance at the league’s recently concluded scouting combine, prompting a strong pushback from the quarterback’s college coach Wednesday morning.

Casserly wasn’t talking about how the Oklahoma quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner fared in on-field drills, because Murray did not take part in any of those at the combine, opting merely to have his physical measurements taken. Those were enough to boost his stock in a big way when the undersized star checked in at a shade above 5-foot-10.

Murray also sat for interviews with a reported 10 NFL teams, and it was during at least a few of those sessions that he came up, well, very short. That’s at least according to Casserly, who claimed the feedback he got from teams amounted to “the worst report I’ve ever heard on a top-ranked quarterback from the interview part of it.”

“These were the worst comments I ever got on a top-rated quarterback, and I’ve been doing this a long time,” said the 70-year-old Casserly, who spent three decades in the NFL as a scout and a personnel executive with the Washington Redskins and Houston Texans. “Leadership — not good. Study habits — not good. The board work below not good.”

“Not good at all in any of those areas, raising major concerns about what this guy is going to do,” Casserly continued. He added that Murray “better hope” Arizona Cardinals Coach Kliff Kingsbury, whose team has the No. 1 pick and who asserted last fall that he would use just such a selection on the ex-Sooner, follows through on that, “because this was not good.”

Lincoln Riley, Murray’s coach at Oklahoma, pushed back in an interview on “The Dan Patrick Show” on Wednesday, arguing that “all [Murray] cares about is winning.” With Murray at quarterback, the Sooners went 12-2 last season, including a 45-34 loss to Alabama in a College Football Playoff semifinal.

“I just hate that people go out and make these comments and [they] haven’t talked to the two people who’ve actually coached this kid,” Riley said. “You haven’t talked to teammates. You went off what one team said. That’s probably a smokescreen, knowing how the draft [with all its rumors and subterfuge] works. Kyler was a tremendous leader for us, a tremendous leader, very aggressive. All he cares about is winning. I think our team took on that personality, without a doubt.”

Riley expressed skepticism about Casserly’s report, saying, “I know Kyler met with a lot of different teams at the combine and I personally have spoken with a majority of the teams he met with and every one of them were glowing in their reports about Kyler, basically the complete opposite of what Charley threw out there.”

By showing that he had just enough size to plausibly perform as a quarterback in the NFL, particularly in light of the success of Russell Wilson and the league’s increasing embrace of concepts imported from college football, Murray made himself a strong contender to go No. 1. A backup to Baker Mayfield before last season and an athlete expected to become a professional baseball player after being selected ninth by the Oakland Athletics this past June in the MLB draft, Murray exploded on the scene by completing 69 percent of his passes for 4,361 yards, 42 touchdowns and seven interceptions, adding 1,001 yards and 12 scores on the ground. That, according to Riley, is a skill set that college football and the NFL have not seen.

“As far as processing offense,” Riley said Wednesday of Murray, “he just had the greatest single season in the history of college football, so I think he can process just fine.”

That kind of ability — plus the stated interest of Kingsbury — has many analysts believing that Arizona will in fact lead off the draft with Murray, despite already having a young quarterback, Josh Rosen, drafted 10th last year. Casserly helped build the hype for Murray on Tuesday by reporting that a team told him the Cardinals were shopping Rosen.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local radio says teams have been trying to compare him to Baker. And he's very different.

I don't really have an opinion on him bc it is always hard to tell with dual-threat guys for me but some GM's were saying it wasn't a good combine. Kinda hard to believe when teams are wanting to take him 1 or top 10. And yes, Baker and Kyler are very different. Baker throws one of the most accurate balls I have seen from a young player in awhile, Kyler has an underrated arm and uses his legs more. I wouldn't take him #1 but that's just me.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Murray such a fit for AZ now? Just curious.

Tech QBs under Kliff:
Baker Mayfield
David Webb
Patrick Mahomes
Nic Shimonek
Alan Bowman

What the fuck am I missing here?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah a second would be tough I've been hearing third. Maybe a third this year and next? Just wondering what the cost is...
They aren't trading him IMO. It's all a huge smokescreen created by insiders, other team scouts, agents, etc. The Cards have been on record stating they are not shopping Josh Rosen. He is their QB of the future. Sure, that could change, but I highly doubt it.

Report: Arizona Cardinals are not shopping Josh Rosen

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders will probably end up getting Kyler LOL

Reactions: gob

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders will probably end up getting Kyler LOL
It would be a dream come true if the Cards could grab the #4 and #24 from the Raiders in exchange for the #1. I hope Chucky and Ugly are stupid enough to make that happen.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a dream come true if the Cards could grab the #4 and #24 from the Raiders in exchange for the #1. I hope Chucky and Ugly are stupid enough to make that happen.

It wouldn't surprise me if they traded up...this might be why the rumors are coming in about the Cards trading Rosen. All smoke so that the Raiders will give up picks to trade up to #1. If there is one NFL franchise that would do it...it's Oakland